Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So before you began translation, did you decrypt the file before you started the project in Translate++? I ask because I encountered a similar problem when I started my current project. If I had Translate++ decrypt the game and then start the translation, it didn't gather all the .json files, specifically it missed over half the map.json files. If I were you I would start a new project on the side, decrypt the RPG maker MV game final seperately of Translator ++ then see if it loads the same number of files or more when you previously decrypted it. I am a novice myself, but it sounds like some of the files got missed during download. Maybe the common events.json?

bazeeeng

Apr 12, 2018
About the missing "map" file, from what I know, basically the Translator++ couldn't find the "text" inside that map file
so it ignored it and didn't appear in the list. It also happen in ACE and WOLF game.
My guess are the same as Silentce about the missing dialog. The "commonevents" might be the problem. From my experience start the new project won't fix that problem. If that happened to me, I usually edited it manually using RPG MAKER MV or another RPG editor.
Someone might have better explanation than this but I hope this would help.

gimpoid

Jan 28, 2018
I was trying to translate a game with this tool and came across something strange:
The game is an RPGMV.
I translated all the files that were identified in the www \ data folder.
Everything was meant to be translated but the dialogues between the characters are still in the original language ...
The menus, choices have been translated, but in the dialog part, everything remains the same.
When I tried to take any dialog and browse the files while the tool was open, I realized that the dialog did not exist. In fact all dialogs that have not been translated do not exist in any file in the \ data folder ...
The tool worked perfectly.
But how am I going to translate the dialogs if they don't appear in any files?
Where can they be?
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Appreciate
The text is most likely inside the .sl files. Look a couple of pages back there is a sl file decoding tool posted you will need to manually decode the file then translate it line by line using google translate then encode it back with the same tool

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Quick question, my translation I am working on, a couple of map.json didn't load. Looking at the file size they look empty and If i check them with notepad++ JSON viewer they appear to have nothing. Is Translator++ designed to skip empty files? I am using 1.6.17 currently for my project. Also, there are a few JSON files not in the www/data folder. I am worried they are associated with the project and not translating the files might cause issues own the line. Are there usually files that need to be translated outside the data folder in RPGmaker MV?

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Quick question, my translation I am working on, a couple of map.json didn't load. Looking at the file size they look empty and If i check them with notepad++ JSON viewer they appear to have nothing. Is Translator++ designed to skip empty files? I am using 1.6.17 currently for my project. Also, there are a few JSON files not in the www/data folder. I am worried they are associated with the project and not translating the files might cause issues own the line. Are there usually files that need to be translated outside the data folder in RPGmaker MV?
Usually no, even if they aren't translated they won't cause problems since they will just use the original text, I believe it is designed to ignore empty files.

RJunko

Feb 16, 2018
Does anyone have a solution to the problem where exporting the translation of a Wolf RPG yields nothing in the designated export folder (with or without first extracting the data.wolf file)?

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Hi People

I picked up the tool to translate one of the most promising looking game out there.
MamaShota Kingdom

But I encountered one pretty cripling problem with the program.

It doent wrap up text to fit into in game text windows, too long Lines disapear on the left of the screen, too much verses dont go into another "slide" but simply dissapear.

I wonder - does the program has anything to help with that ?

Otherwise any translation efforts is pointless. You will have to manualy check each line in game to see if it fits into the textbox, if you are able to even phrase it in a way that manages to capture the meaning without exceiding the space on single slide.

Is there any auto-wraping text option ? Or some tool that will squeze the text to fit into the text box?
Or an easy way to add additional "slides" so the text can go to another slide without breaking the game ?

I am compleatly new to tampering with RPG Maker, but I was doing ok untill I noticed that...

Plz help.
Haven't used the translator yet, but I know in Java games you'll have to figure out how many characters per line and how many lines you have in the text box. With the Jap/Eng translations this can be a pain since sometimes a handful of Japanese characters will be two paragraphs in English but the box only allows 70w x 3 lines vert. In this case you will need to improvise and cut the dialogue down. To add a carriage return to the next line type \n after the 66th character (or <=) in the line to move to the next line. Not exactly the best thing but it works. In C# or C+ games a carriage return is \r.

jacefreeman

Feb 16, 2018
Sorry if this has already been answered, I did my best to look for solutions in the thread. I can't seem to apply any changes to my VXAce game. When starting the project I used the "New Project" then click on the .exe function. There was already the Data unpacked with the game. I read somewhere that the rgss3a can block translations from going through, so I put a .bak at the end of the file name thinking that doing so would get around that. When I export my changes to the map files, I export them to a separate translated folder, then move those files over to the Data folder and replace the original map files. Am I still doing something wrong? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Kink Miser

Jan 29, 2018
hey so trying translate a game, the translation seems to work just fine but how do I transfer the translated data into the game so it actually plays in English?

firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
hey so trying translate a game, the translation seems to work just fine but how do I transfer the translated data into the game so it actually plays in English?
rpg maker mv just export the translation as zip and extract the zip inside the www folder
other rpg maker engines you might need to decrypt the game (rpg maker all decrypter google) file and them drop the translation on the data folder

Reactions: Flyingretard41

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
Does anyone knows if they repaired the Bing translator, because in my version (1.6.17) it doesn't work (I think Bing translates better some parts) .

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Does anyone knows if they repaired the Bing translator, because in my version (1.6.17) it doesn't work (I think Bing translates better some parts) .
I think he fixed it for 1.7, but it's not public yet. If you have windows 10 the translator app on the windows store uses bing and is actually pretty accurate.

JLuix

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,
I'm trying to translare "Cuckoldry Festival".

Step 1. Extract the Game.rgss3a file using "RPG Maker All Decrypter by Falo".
Two folders were extracted: Data and Graphics.

Step 2. Copied the two extracted folders to the game folder, overwriting any existing filename.

Step 3. Deleted the Game.rgss3a file from the game folder.

Step 4. Execute Translator++

Step 5. A dialog appears asking "Do you want to load last saved data?" and select CANCEL.

Step 6. Click the button for new project

Step 6. Open the Game.exe

The following message appears:

1569983511658.png

And the game is never loaded :(

It seems I can't load any game using this procedure.

Can somebody help please?

Thank you very much for any help.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
Hi,
I'm trying to translare "Cuckoldry Festival".

Step 1. Extract the Game.rgss3a file using "RPG Maker All Decrypter by Falo".
Two folders were extracted: Data and Graphics.

Step 2. Copied the two extracted folders to the game folder, overwriting any existing filename.

Step 3. Deleted the Game.rgss3a file from the game folder.

Step 4. Execute Translator++

Step 5. A dialog appears asking "Do you want to load last saved data?" and select CANCEL.

Step 6. Click the button for new project

Step 6. Open the Game.exe

The following message appears:

View attachment 417196

And the game is never loaded :(

It seems I can't load any game using this procedure.

Can somebody help please?

Thank you very much for any help.
you need to put the RGSS3A back before you open it, that has all the files in it until it's extracted.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote