• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

R3lz

Oct 6, 2017
If you want to expand the refrence table you have to go to \Translator++\www\js and open trans.js with Notepad++ or a similar advanced text editor and extend the array trans.data.
I mean add more lewd words to the list, since they can improve the translation

Anyway thanks for the tip, now i don't have to copypaste each time

R3lz

Oct 6, 2017
Hello can anyone tell me how to apply translator ++ translation ? I'm new at this.
here is the documentation:

in other word:
1. select Export project
2. select Export to a folder
3. copy the result in the data folder of the game, confirm overwrite
4. move/rename "Game.rgss3a"
5. play

Reactions: KURO_NEKO_SAM

Cyberjacky

Jul 6, 2018
I mean add more lewd words to the list, since they can improve the translation

Anyway thanks for the tip, now i don't have to copypaste each time
You can talk with the dev if you want these to be part of the official release.

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
You can talk with the dev if you want these to be part of the official release.
And how do I talk with the dev? I've already wrote 3 mails to him and never got an ansewer. I even offered him sending the text wrapping fix, because I'm not able to pay sb on Patreon on a regular basis and rely on the uploads posted here instead.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
And how do I talk with the dev? I've already wrote 3 mails to him and never got an ansewer. I even offered him sending the text wrapping fix, because I'm not able to pay sb on Patreon on a regular basis and rely on the uploads posted here instead.
try posting in the comments of posts, he's replied to me a few times like that.

Cyberjacky

Jul 6, 2018
Yes, as Eventidegames said, you can try commenting on his posts without even being one of his patrons.

seeing no mention about hgame by the developer I think he wants to keep the software "family friendly"
Nah, it's nothing like that, If I remember correctly he said (in the official RPGM page) something like he wanted to make a translation tool especially for these types of Japanese games.

Reactions: R3lz

ChaosXD

May 21, 2017
Im getting this error, can someone help me?
Fatal error: Uncaught com_exception: Source: Unknown

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
Im getting this error, can someone help me?
Fatal error: Uncaught com_exception: Source: Unknown
That's a little to less information, when exactly do you get this error? On start up? When importing a certain game? When exporting?

ChaosXD

May 21, 2017
That's a little to less information, when exactly do you get this error? On start up? When importing a certain game? When exporting?
when extracting the games data, basically the first step, selecting the game to translate

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
when extracting the games data, basically the first step, selecting the game to translate
Could be a permission problem, did you try running the extraction as administrator? Especially when the game is installed in C:\Program Files\

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
Man, I gotta say: this tool really surprised me. In a few days, I've used it to translate (automatically, since I don't speak Japanese) more than 40 games, and I would say that I mostly had success with them. At least 32 games are perfectly playable (without crashes) after using this tool.

Interestingly, I've had 100% success with RPG Maker MV games. All the games I've tried made in this engine works fine after translating.

Wolf RPG games were also friendly to me, 100% of the games I've tried ended up working fine (but for some reason, the tool fails to translate the menus in some of those games, for some reason).

Sadly, older RPG Maker games seems to give me the most issues. Some of them will crash if you translate the Scrips file, some will crash if you translate items files and some (like Atelier of Rizbel) will crash even if you only translate the map files.

Still, I found it an amazing tool. ^^

has anyone been able to get this to work with RPG maker XP?
I don't think I've tried a RPG Maker XP game, believe it or not.

Can you name one game (hopefuly one that is easy to find a download link) and I may look into it.

Some games break if you translate the Script files, for example.

Bote★Dun ~Ecchi ni Harabote♪ Shussan to Bouken~, for example, crashed on me at random after fully translating the game. But then I replaced the Scrips file with the original non-translated one and the game worked 100% perfectly since.

Deathwings

Aug 20, 2017
Can you name one game (hopefuly one that is easy to find a download link) and I may look into it.
If all you want is to run a test, then you could try Drop Factory.
It already has a full translation but the base game is completely free, so you could do comparison if you want.

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
I don't think I've tried a RPG Maker XP game, believe it or not.

Some games break if you translate the Script files, for example.

Bote★Dun ~Ecchi ni Harabote♪ Shussan to Bouken~, for example, crashed on me at random after fully translating the game. But then I replaced the Scrips file with the original non-translated one and the game worked 100% perfectly since.
You have to be careful when auto translating without proof reading. Some strings are imported with non text parts, but the auto translation will delete those symbols that are needed.
When it doesn't work with Translator++ you can still try it with a text or hex editor, but you won't be able to import the game after the change.

ChaosXD

May 21, 2017
Could be a permission problem, did you try running the extraction as administrator? Especially when the game is installed in C:\Program Files\
I did run it as administrator and no, the game is not in program files. It work with other games, but some of them just give me that error.

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
You have to be careful when auto translating without proof reading. Some strings are imported with non text parts, but the auto translation will delete those symbols that are needed.
Oh, so that is why some games break when I translate the scripts file. Probably also why Atelier of Rizbel crashes even when I translate the only Map files.

If all you want is to run a test, then you could try Drop Factory.
It already has a full translation but the base game is completely free, so you could do comparison if you want.
I'll look into it then. Thanks. ^^

ChaosXD

May 21, 2017
For me, the translator only works with MV games (of all the games that I have tested so far). The rest fails to create new project

ChaosXD

May 21, 2017
Before I imported my first RPGM VX Ace game, I had to extract the Game.rgss3a with the RPG Maker XP VX decrypter
Ohhhh, makes sense. What about exporting? In MV it says that the files are not found and it doesnt export anything
Edit: Nevermind i think i know why
Edit 2: Nevermind, what i though it was, it wasnt

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote