Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ChaosXD

May 21, 2017
What I think it is is that it is not saving the .json in the correct path for some reason. So it cannot fetch them

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
You should be able to translate everything, except the script file, because there could be paths for assets like in this picture:
1573596437618.png
also compilcated stuff like this are problematic for auto translation:
1573596511270.png
in this file only translate, what haven't been translated in the game, yet, when play testing. Often it's only menu items.

Then you should be careful, when something gets imported that the importer doesn't understand like this:
1573596744408.png
or that:
1573596861112.png
this should be also translated by hand!

Reactions: Braz and ChaosXD

ChaosXD

May 21, 2017
You should be able to translate everything, except the script file, because there could be paths for assets like in this picture:
View attachment 458905
also compilcated stuff like this are problematic for auto translation:
View attachment 458908
in this file only translate, what haven't been translated in the game, yet, when play testing. Often it's only menu items.

Then you should be careful, when something gets imported that the importer doesn't understand like this:
View attachment 458913
or that:
View attachment 458923
this should be also translated by hand!
So basically if i see weird symbols i should make sure that they dont get screwed up by the translation or no translate them at all

undef1ned

Oct 1, 2017
Absolutely loving this tool. I have one solid problem though, maybe anyone here could help me.

It autotranslates just fine, takes about 3minutes to translate any game, but then lines of text
in auto translation are just way too wide so when you actually play the game like half of sentences can go over the screen
so you just don't see it... It looks like that in translator++ 126.jpg

Then there's a "seemingly" great option to change the collumn width in the program with which I can adjust the sentences
just the way it would look perfect in the game and no text would be lost, I mean this:

127.jpg

But then I realized that this way doesn't really change the way the sentences are written... It seems it was made just so it would be easier to work in translator++ itself .. Because if I'll look close at any certain sentence I'll see this:

128.jpg

So, well, my question is - is there any way to adjust width of these sentences? The only way I know right now - is going manually through ALL lines of text adjusting it myself.. Which takes hours even in short games:/
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

R3lz

Oct 6, 2017
So, well, my question is - is there any way to adjust width of these sentences? The only way I know right now - is going manually through ALL lines of text adjusting it myself.. Which takes hours even in short games:/
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
word wrap

Reactions: undef1ned

undef1ned

Oct 1, 2017
word wrap
It seems I had an old version of translator++ which didn't have this option. Downloaded 1.8.1 and it worked like a charm.
Would like your post hundred times if I could. Thanks man, you're a savior.

Ariyana

May 13, 2018
So, I've been having issues using this tool with Wolf RPG games that have Data folders naturally. I followed the troubleshooting from NeoGenesis on page 14, but I still cannot seem to get it to work.

The translation works in Translator++, the patch creates properly and the game runs as it should, but none of the translations actually take hold. Somebody mentioned using Arc Converter, but it doesn't seem to work with these files (opens a window for a split second, that then disappears). Do I need to find a way to return these folders to .Wolf files or is there something else with this I am missing?

Anybody who has had success using this with WolfRPG games that come with a Data Folder and not Data.Wolf file, your input would be greatly appreciated.

ChaosXD

May 21, 2017
This error could be caused by an empty array, could you explain how you got this error?
I translated a game for testing (making sure of manually and carefully translate the script and other stuff that seemed that could be screwed up by the translator). The game opens but in some occasions i get that error. I don't know exactly what causes it.

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
In that case, try exchanging the translated game files one by one with the original until the game runs smooth again. I would start with the script file, then the map files for this game section and if it doesn't help exchange the other files. Then you could share the affected file(s) with google sheets, if you don't know what broke the game.

Reactions: ChaosXD

R3lz

Oct 6, 2017
i'm working on the infamous (for translation errors) , here is my finding so far:

file generated by translator are working, tested by changing the name of the protagonist

" " and " " are translated as " " " by most translator, except for infoseek
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

using the function replace " " " to just space don't replace all of them, plus break the game like
"Graphics/Parallaxes/%s.png"

is the translation if interested

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
Since Version 1.9.29 you can tag lines to include them for editing only these lines, if you click on the folder next to "Search all files" you can include only certain files for editing. That way you can translate all normal " by ticking every file without a path, then you tag all lines that are not a path in all the remaining files and do it again.
Or you do it the other way round, you replace the " in all files, then tag all file paths and change them back.

Reactions: R3lz

R3lz

Oct 6, 2017
Since Version 1.9.29 you can tag lines to include them for editing only these lines, if you click on the folder next to "Search all files" you can include only certain files for editing. That way you can translate all normal " by ticking every file without a path, then you tag all lines that are not a path in all the remaining files and do it again.
Or you do it the other way round, you replace the " in all files, then tag all file paths and change them back.
i might not understand it correctly but it think it will not work, some line have " and no path,a solution is searching for all " in japanese and tag them, then exclude them for the batch translation; then replace all " to nothing, and finally batch translate only the previusly excluded tags.
But the batch translator don't support the tag exclusion

Sorry for my bad english

Anyway i found another solution: opening the untranslated .trans with a notepad++ an and delete all , then begin the translation.

now trying to export the data but the save icon continue to spin, and it happen sometime :\

if someone is interested is the transation so far

R3lz

Oct 6, 2017
[Pleasure paradise] Atelier of Rizbel

So in the end...
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Download the translation
Game not included for "no loli rule"
Bug (i hope it's just visual):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It needs further testing

Psicomaniaco

Mar 14, 2018
Ok, I just tested it.

It has some of the same issues I got when I tried using Translator++ myself: the text isn't shown in the right moment in events. Most events will show the text a lot early than it should, without line breaks for different characters. For example: a guy is banging a girl. WAY before he cums, the text tells us that he came (without the translation the text comes at the right time, and has line breaks when someone else speaks).

I loaded my save inside the recollection room and looked at some of them. ALL of them still show Japanese text. As far as I noticed, for some insane reason, it shows the entire translated text halfway into the event and then shows the orignal Japanese text for the rest of the event. I don't even know from where the game is pulling the Japanese text, but...

And BTW, this version of the game you have is censored. There's at least two events that got completely cut:

This is using the exact same save file for both my game and your version. As you can see, one of the events with the inn keeper is missing, so is the limbless onahole one. In fact, MANY events are missing.

1574043881659.png

EDIT: Sadly, the graphic errors are all over the place. Walls in some places are invisible, the top of most buildings is missing, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyberjacky and R3lz
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote