Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

R3lz

Oct 6, 2017
I'm not sure if I am even using it right? I am on windows 10 64-bit system and it will not load at all, the nwjs shows up in task manager but that is it, it wont load at all. I've tried windows 8 compatibility mode (I honestly think this function is a joke and doesn't really work...), I have tried administrator start up, starting nwjc and chromedriver that come in the folder before trying open translator++. It wont start up at all, I even tried different versions, 1.3.6, 1.3.22, and 1.11.19. And before anyone tries to explain how to load a file to me, the program itself is refusing to start and I have no clue what I am missing to make it work.

Edit - I have also tried version 1.11.6. which I think is the latest version? I installed the C++ 2015 thingie too and rebooted, the program will still not load.
install both version of

Reactions: KURO_NEKO_SAM

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
I'm not sure if I am even using it right? I am on windows 10 64-bit system and it will not load at all, the nwjs shows up in task manager but that is it, it wont load at all. I've tried windows 8 compatibility mode (I honestly think this function is a joke and doesn't really work...), I have tried administrator start up, starting nwjc and chromedriver that come in the folder before trying open translator++. It wont start up at all, I even tried different versions, 1.3.6, 1.3.22, and 1.11.19. And before anyone tries to explain how to load a file to me, the program itself is refusing to start and I have no clue what I am missing to make it work.

Edit - I have also tried version 1.11.6. which I think is the latest version? I installed the C++ 2015 thingie too and rebooted, the program will still not load.
Interesting issue, does chrome work on this system? Could you look into the Windows event viewer and the crash look for more information. It would also be interesting to know a bit more about your hardware CPU/GPU/RAM and the exact version of your Windows 10 copy (Version and Build number can be found by typing winver into the search field)

Shredy

Aug 8, 2017
I need help, everything was fine yesterday but today translator++ is not applying the translation to the files anymore.

R3lz

Oct 6, 2017
I need help, everything was fine yesterday but today translator++ is not applying the translation to the files anymore.
what happen?
sometime when i export it get stuck, with the save icon spinning indefinitely, i start a new project and retranslate

Shredy

Aug 8, 2017
what happen?
sometime when i export it get stuck, with the save icon spinning indefinitely, i start a new project and retranslate
Ok, after hours of poking around I discovered that one particular line of a particular file was causing rpgmakertrans to give an error, since the rpgmakertrans promt closes immediatly I have no idea what the error says. This error aborted the patching process and the created files where the last successfully patched ones.

The culprit was this simbol ">" if I put this symbol at the beginning of any line it will cause an error but is harmless if I put it at the end. The original symbol ">" is harmless.

I wasted 6 hours of my life on this...

haste

Jul 27, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Despite being a total rookie I've been trying to translate a RPGMV game but as soon as the intro ends (or a save file is loaded) the game crashes and displays this error. For the life of me I cannot figure out what it is trying to tell me because scripts that are mentioned here aren't interfered with in any way while patching the game. My only guess is that jsons in data/ that I'm replacing are somewhat not compatible with other scripts from plugins/.
Apparently this error is caused by improper types of numerical values, which makes me think that Translator++ is messing something up instead of just altering the strings.
I'd be grateful if somebody who actually knows this stuff could throw in a clue.

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Despite being a total rookie I've been trying to translate a RPGMV game but as soon as the intro ends (or a save file is loaded) the game crashes and displays this error. For the life of me I cannot figure out what it is trying to tell me because scripts that are mentioned here aren't interfered with in any way while patching the game. My only guess is that jsons in data/ that I'm replacing are somewhat not compatible with other scripts from plugins/.
Apparently this error is caused by improper types of numerical values, which makes me think that Translator++ is messing something up instead of just altering the strings.
I'd be grateful if somebody who actually knows this stuff could throw in a clue.

There is file called "Scripts" which you should not translate if you don't know what you are doing. Sometimes Translator++ auto translates this file, so you should be careful not to include it in the patch. Never translate/replace Scripts.rvdata2 .

Also sometimes there is code embedded into the text, you should watch about that.

From the errors you get it seems you've translated "Scripts", you can't do that in Translator++. To translate Scripts properly you should use RPG maker VX itself open the game as a project and translate only the text in the script. For RPG maker MV you should open the .js files themselves and translate directly there.

Last edited:
Reactions: haste

haste

Jul 27, 2018
There is file called "Scripts" which you should not translate if you don't know what you are doing.
Hmm I seem to not have such file at all. I do have Actors, Animations, System... etc. json + the MapXXX.json files.
As for the embedded code I'll try to look for something, I'm already using Red Google engine which is supposed to not touch the code parts, but who knows.
I forgot to mention that replacing just the MapXXX files was already breaking the game.

Edit: For the sake of testing I've tried to export all the files without translating them and then patch the game with those. Just as I thought the game still crashes.
For RPG maker MV you should open the .js files themselves and translate directly there.
It seems to be the case then. I assume I can't do this with Translator++ can I? Is there any tool that I could do that with? This game had machine translations before, just on older versions, so maybe there is.
Anyway thanks for the help.

Last edited:

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
It seems to be the case then. I assume I can't do this with Translator++ can I? Is there any tool that I could do that with? This game had machine translations before, just on older versions, so maybe there is.
Anyway thanks for the help.

If the game crashes only because you export files without any translation, then the problem is not with Translator++ , probably you've messed something else. Can you tell me which is the game, maybe I could look at it and help you.

You can use RPG maker MV itself to translate games... but Translator++, should work with RPG maker MV games. (at least for most games)

Also you should have 2 copies of the game you translate, one where you test the translation and one that you don't touch. If you apply translation on a game that you are translating with Translator++, you will mess everything.

Last edited:

haste

Jul 27, 2018
Also you should have 2 copies of the game you translate, one where you test the translation and one that you don't touch. If you apply translation on a game that you are translating with Translator++, you will mess everything.
I'll be careful with that from now on. However, I prepared a backup data/ folder, everytime I replaced the translated files with original ones, the game was working again just fine.
This is the game I'm talking about:
https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-spoiled-child-doujinotome.36680/
I was trying to translate the 1.054 version since it doesn't even have a machine translation.

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
Reactions: haste

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
can, someone tell me what number is the newest version, there are so many numbers right now i dont get it anymore. xU so far iam using 1.3.6 because i thought this is the newest version.

haste

Jul 27, 2018
Sometime ago I've tried to translate that game, and I've got similar bugs. I don't think you will be able to translate it using Translator++.

Maybe you could try to use RPG Maker MV itself to translate the game.
That's a bummer, well that kind of explains why this game wasn't properly translated yet. Thanks for your input. From the looks of it the game is still gaining popularity so things are looking promising.
can, someone tell me what number is the newest version, there are so many numbers right now i dont get it anymore. xU so far iam using 1.3.6 because i thought this is the newest version.
I belive it's 1.12.4 which R3lz has posted. (#361)

Reactions: n0pe

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
That's a bummer, well that kind of explains why this game wasn't properly translated yet. Thanks for your input. From the looks of it the game is still gaining popularity so things are looking promising.

I belive it's 1.12.4 which R3lz has posted. (#361)
thx for the info xD

EmpressEllie

Feb 22, 2019
Interesting issue, does chrome work on this system? Could you look into the Windows event viewer and the crash look for more information. It would also be interesting to know a bit more about your hardware CPU/GPU/RAM and the exact version of your Windows 10 copy (Version and Build number can be found by typing winver into the search field)
Windows 10 home version 1903, os build 18362.535 , i5-7200U cpu, 8 gigs of ram, 64 bit operating system and x64-based processor, intel HD graphics 620 (laptop). I'm not sure where I am looking in the event viewer.

Cyberjacky

Jul 6, 2018
Hi, I'm translating [RJ237731]. After translating I see that everything is translated except for conversation. Has anyone faced this before? It'd be nice if anyone could help me.

Mighty J

Donor
May 12, 2017
I'm getting an error saying: Script 'Window_Message' line 346: NoMethodError occurred.
undifined method `upcase for nil:NilClass

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

RJunko

Feb 16, 2018
Anyone know what's going on here? I keep getting this message when I try to open translator++ for several games.

Error! File list not found in init file at : D:\Download\RPGMaker Translator++\Translator++\www\php\cache\8b8c962db0c83837857c19e1b2785dff\initial.json

Last edited:

Saryon

May 2, 2019
I have a problem. I unpack files: it give me data and graphic folders (data is full of rvdata2 files). I suppress the old game archive. Then, i translate the game (machine translation and rewriting of it), try to put the things i got from translator++ into folder but it does nothing. Try anything for hours and still nothing.

How do i patch the game? I have to use extract fonction i think in translator++ but what option should i choose?

Thats the only thing that can be complicated in this process and... the only one the dev doesn't clearly explain on his site!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote