Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ohnuker

Sep 27, 2017
If you saved your work, you could try deleting your cache in Translator++\www\php\cache or delete everything and extract a fresh version of T++ into the folder
Well tried pretty much everything deleted all traslator++ related file and downloaded trasnlator again still same issue it might be a virus but it only happens with translator++... Thanks for the reply anyways

Gwyn33

Oct 11, 2017
All i get when i try to open it is PHP interpreter not running eventhough i have the redists it says to download on the website?
why.PNG

Reactions: JamesMc

EmpressEllie

Feb 22, 2019
That doesn't sound good, how come you have to replace your laptop every 2 years, do you buy used or new? Loud fans resemble either to weak hardware with high CPU utilisation all the time, which could result in T++ not running or taking A LOT of time to start, you should try starting it and wait a day, or dried up thermal paste/dusty fans, you should always fix both when checking, also check if the fan spins freely. Cheap laptops often come with slow 2,5" HDDs that take forever to do anything, like half an hour to install CPU-Z. Next time look at least for a laptop with an SSD or even an M.2

omg I feel like a total newbie, I checked the fan vent on the bottom of the laptop as soon as I read the post, no wonder the fan was running so loudly, it was like a dust wall. And yes it's a cheap laptop, it was an open box one for $350 usd, the only reason I remember that is because I use the box for a table when i'm on the couch and i still have the sticker on it. Now the fans run so quietly again, thank you for that fix! I'll have to look for a nice laptop deal that wont be a pocket killer before I replace this one. XD

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Hello, I want to ask about translating wolf game..

I got problem everytime I tried to export the translation. I'm already use context.rb that made export error, I still got error while exporting. Any suggestion guys?
Had this exact same error just now. I used the search tool and replaced all the "\cself[8]" with just \cself[8] and the error doesn't show up anymore, I don't think it should break the game but I haven't played it yet.

Anyways, I've got another error and I can't find any solution yet.
The red message says The system can't find the specified file.

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
Hello, still new a newbie trying to use this tool. May I ask for help on how to use this tool for wolf rpg games ?

It seems to unpack all the .wolf files then after extracting the translated project I get Capture.PNG

If I disable the original BasicData.wolf and MapData.wolf then replacing them with the folders the game does not start.

I may need to compress the folders back into .wolf files but I have no idea how to do so.

Tried using "DXAEncode.exe" tho not sure if what I did was correct. The files became BasicData.dxa and MapData.dxa

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
Been fiddling with wolf rpg a little bit more and found that leaving all boxes unchecked when patch exporting seems to work. No error messages, successfully exporting to designated folder. Still having issues with some text not showing up translated, but I think that's just me not carefully checking everything's fine (not totally sure though, need further testing).

Edit: quick test with another game, same problem. So I guess it is an export problem, even if there's no message.

Last edited:

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
Been fiddling with wolf rpg a little bit more and found that leaving all boxes unchecked when patch exporting seems to work. No error messages, successfully exporting to designated folder. Still having issues with some text not showing up translated, but I think that's just me not carefully checking everything's fine (not totally sure though, need further testing).

Edit: quick test with another game, same problem. So I guess it is an export problem, even if there's no message.
Thanks, guess we can only wait for an update or if there is a way to compress both BasicData and MapData folders back to BasicData.wolf and MapData.wolf i think that should do, not sure tho.

zeldora

Apr 4, 2019
hi friends can help me I tried translating this game but it didn't work can someone help me

Reactions: jessie29

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
hi friends can help me I tried translating this game but it didn't work can someone help me
I don't know exactly the problem (As I don't have the game to test) but looking at it, it looks like an older rpg maker game, so if it is, it's likely that the problem is that it is reading the old, untranslated text from the game.rgss3a (/.rgss2a) file. If this is present in the game file (with the .exe) this is the case. If this is the case use this (rpg-maker-unpacker), unpack the .rgss*a file and then move the game files from extracted folder (where the unpacker is) to the .exe file (overriding and files found) then delete the .rgss*a file and then re-export the translation file and it should replace the files correctly, and then when run the game should properly read the translations.

#Note many games actually use special scripts to apply special effects with text, such as text above doors or item pickup text during battle. if this is the case this can't be translated using translator++

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
I have an issue translating an RPG MV game. After finishing the translation and unpacking the .zip into the data folder, when I load a save I get an error screen saying

Type Error
Cannot read property of 'toLowerCase' of null

EDIT : It seems to work fine with a new game

EDIT2 : Nevermind, after the intro I get the same error.

Last edited:

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
I have an issue translating an RPG MV game. After finishing the translation and unpacking the .zip into the data folder, when I load a save I get an error screen saying

Type Error
Cannot read property of 'toLowerCase' of null

EDIT : It seems to work fine with a new game

EDIT2 : Nevermind, after the intro I get the same error.
The easiest way to fix this, is translating file by file, and after every file is completed, check if the game runs. And then check the file which caused the issue for lines that look more like code than speech

Reactions: Ut5962

zeldora

Apr 4, 2019
It depends which games you tried to translate, Translator++ does not work with all RPG VX Ace games.

what, so that's not for all RPG VX Ace games. I tried to translate this game

this link:
can someone help me

Reactions: jessie29

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
what, so that's not for all RPG VX Ace games. I tried to translate this game

this link:
can someone help me
I recommend finding scripts and right clicking and deleting the translations for it as RPG VX Ace games near universally have "special characters" in the scripts (like "\n" or "\[0]") which are replaced by variables when run, and machine translations (especially google Translate) love to change them and put spaces in them.

The scripts are usually only used for combat so it may be fine to just leave scripts untranslated, else you can go through manually and fix each error... So best of look :LOL:
(they may also be used for saves but I haven't really looked into it)

Also a note about
"It depends which games you tried to translate, Translator++ does not work with all RPG VX Ace games."
That I'm pretty sure this is false unless the game maker has modded the RPG VX Ace engine to add encryption or like many plugins for RPG MV, have custom text that is stored elsewhere, The main issue is as above special characters. they are usually easy to see as they usually have [] around them or have a \ before them. All you really need to do about them is just leave them untranslated. Though sometimes this can be annoying as I found a game that used the names of Items to find the images of them so I had to leave them untranslated in the game :(

Reactions: Robin717

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
can someoe tell me what i need to, its a vx ace game but somehow it seems i cant load it

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
Also a note about
"It depends which games you tried to translate, Translator++ does not work with all RPG VX Ace games."
That I'm pretty sure this is false unless the game maker has modded the RPG VX Ace engine to add encryption or like many plugins for RPG MV, have custom text that is stored elsewhere, The main issue is as above special characters.
It spits errors on at least half of the games I've tried to translate. (not encrypted, not anything) . Everything is decrypted and it gives errors. Here is one example:

RpgTranslate1.jpg

Here is the whole text :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote