Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
It spits errors on at least half of the games I've tried to translate. (not encrypted, not anything) . Everything is decrypted and it gives errors. Here is one example:

View attachment 507874

Here is the whole text :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The problem appears to be the file format of your game, Your game should look like this
With All of these files in the data folder
#Note this should be the exact format as your file as I just quickly googled the game and found a download
and this is the output log you should get, and as you can see if finds all the data files before it copys the Game.ini which your log doesn't show. You can quickly test it's in the right format by running the game once you have deleted Game.rgss3. Hope this helps you.

Reactions: StoneM

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
can someoe tell me what i need to, its a vx ace game but somehow it seems i cant load it
From what I see from the very small log file is that it is trying to rebuild from cache, but is failing.
I would recommend deleting the cache and then try reloading it (the cache is at "F:\Translation\Translator++\Translator++_1.12.4\Translator++\www\php\cache")
Though if there is more text than is shown in the picture, and you still get this trouble, could you please copy the log into a "spoiler" like this

Reactions: n0pe

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
From what I see from the very small log file is that it is trying to rebuild from cache, but is failing.
I would recommend deleting the cache and then try reloading it (the cache is at "F:\Translation\Translator++\Translator++_1.12.4\Translator++\www\php\cache")
Though if there is more text than is shown in the picture, and you still get this trouble, could you please copy the log into a "spoiler" like this
thanks a lot , looks like it worked at the raw game ,
im trying to fill the rest of a partial game with mtl, at least i can open the raw game now an mtl it, but i dont know how to insert the tl of the other game, still new in this "translating genre" xD

becaus i cant open the decrypted partial version, is their a way to insert it in the mtl/raw game?

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
thanks a lot , looks like it worked at the raw game ,
im trying to fill the rest of a partial game with mtl, at least i can open the raw game now an mtl it, but i dont know how to insert the tl of the other game, still new in this "translating genre" xD

becaus i cant open the decrypted partial version, is their a way to insert it in the mtl/raw game?
If you apply the partial patch you have, then load it like it was the "raw game", It should bring in the translated text into the file, but you wont be able to see the original text though.

Also if it was translated using Translator++ originally (the partial) there may well be a .trans file ether with the patch or where you downloaded the patch from which you can open in translator++ (ether click open project when starting Translator++ or drag the file into translator++).
also applying the patch to a MTL is not a great idea as they likely exported all of the data files so applying the patch over the MTL will likely just remove all the machine translation from the game. (if you know which data files have been translated you could just copy them across, but this is not easy to find out)

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
If you apply the partial patch you have, then load it like it was the "raw game", It should bring in the translated text into the file, but you wont be able to see the original text though.

Also if it was translated using Translator++ originally (the partial) there may well be a .trans file ether with the patch or where you downloaded the patch from which you can open in translator++ (ether click open project when starting Translator++ or drag the file into translator++).
also applying the patch to a MTL is not a great idea as they likely exported all of the data files so applying the patch over the MTL will likely just remove all the machine translation from the game. (if you know which data files have been translated you could just copy them across, but this is not easy to find out)
i see this wont be easy but if i can manage to refill the text that isnt translated in the partial , this will also be a huge learning and improvment for me to get better at this, thank you very much for helping me so far.
i will try your suggestions and some ideas i have out now xD

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018

or drag the file into translator++ <-- can you tell me how i do this, i still do not know some functions of t++. So far i see , the patch is only a data folder with the typical files like : map001 , commonevents , classes , etc

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
or drag the file into translator++ <-- can you tell me how i do this, i still do not know some functions of t++. So far i see , the patch is only a data folder with the typical files like : map001 , commonevents , classes , etc
if it is just a data folder you can't drag and drop it, it needs to be a .trans file to be dragged and dropped.
To import the partial translation the only way you can do it if you only have the data folder is to overwrite the original untranslated data folder and then get translator++ to then drag in the data (aka start a new project with it) and it should show the partial translation in the files that have been translated already, instead of Japanese otherwise.

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
if it is just a data folder you can't drag and drop it, it needs to be a .trans file to be dragged and dropped.
To import the partial translation the only way you can do it if you only have the data folder is to overwrite the original untranslated data folder and then get translator++ to then drag in the data (aka start a new project with it) and it should show the partial translation in the files that have been translated already, instead of Japanese otherwise.
Important note: You should use version 2.1.1 or newer to drag and drop, else it may not work

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
The problem appears to be the file format of your game, Your game should look like this

Thanks it works now, I've found what was the problem, for that particular game. (I hope the solution will work with the others)

P.S. It seems Translator++ doesn't like Japanese folder names. I've tested a few more RPG Maker VX games. (there are no more errors)

Last edited:

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
So this shit wont be easy xD , iam using the new version (thx webfischi).
your plan also mine so far xD , was to decrypt the game , copy the patch folder into the Data to overite the raws , rename the rgss3a , to load it in t++, regardless new or older version or how often i clear the catch.
the undecrypted raw version works fine.
but after decryption , even when i leave the rgss3a data intact errors occures.
so iam at witts end a little bit.

Error with patch renamed rgss3a decrypted

error without patch but renaming rgss3a decrypted

error with decrypting without renaming rgss3a

by the progress i often did far more then just clearing the cache, i even deletet and new unzip t++, or restarted the pc
well , i dont know if its all the same problem by all of them, at least it looks like to me but i dont now really something about coding( the lines here at least) so i thought it would be better to insert every error of the different processes.

Last edited:

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
All errors show the same, try to save your translation as .trans then delete your cache restart PC then open the .trans file, I think it is already supported to open T++ with the .trans file and the encrypt it.

If you still get the same error it could be the "japanese folder names" issue before, then you should contact the dev for more information.

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
All errors show the same, try to save your translation as .trans then delete your cache restart PC then open the .trans file, I think it is already supported to open T++ with the .trans file and the encrypt it.

If you still get the same error it could be the "japanese folder names" issue before, then you should contact the dev for more information.
yes but , what about the partial translation, that is just a data folder, to mtl the raw dont seem a problem, becaus i can load if i dont decrypt but its the raw game , but the partial tranlation is just a Data folder to copy into the game , its no transfile i can upload in the t++

what i can say so far is , that because of that error, the data and dump folders are empty in the cache file

Last edited:

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
yes but , what about the partial translation, that is just a data folder, to mtl the raw dont seem a problem, becaus i can load if i dont decrypt but its the raw game , but the partial tranlation is just a Data folder to copy into the game , its no transfile i can upload in the t++
The problem I can see from the logs is that T++ uses a tool to read RPG Maker VX games, but that is failing.
looking at your log I looks like it isn't finding the files in the data folder. You should double check the files are all in the right place. so I'll just make a check list for you:
  • In the .exe folder there should be no .rgss3a (if it is there remove it)
  • There should be a "Data" folder in this folder (needs to be capital 'D')
  • In this "Data" folder you should have a bunch of .rvdata* (* is ether 2 or 3 I think)
  • There should be no folders in here, if there are (probably from your partial translation) you have installed it wrong
  • Then open T++, new project, RPG Maker, select the game's .exe
  • Select new project (in the bottom right ish) (Do Not Build From Cache)
  • And it should (given you applied your Partial Translation) have some English text in the original text column in some files
If it is working properly you will get a popup command prompt looking thing with loading bars and things, which is the "patcher" that lets T++ read the files. If you don't see this window then you know 100% that the "patcher" is "bugged" or T++ failed to find the game's data files (most likely the second).
If you do see this popup and it still fails it may be that T++ doesn't have permission to read the "patched" data folder. If this happens then I recommend running as Administrator.
#Note it's also a good idea to delete the cache stored at "C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\" as this is where the patched files are sent to to be patched.

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
The problem I can see from the logs is that T++ uses a tool to read RPG Maker VX games, but that is failing.
looking at your log I looks like it isn't finding the files in the data folder. You should double check the files are all in the right place. so I'll just make a check list for you:
  • In the .exe folder there should be no .rgss3a (if it is there remove it)
  • There should be a "Data" folder in this folder (needs to be capital 'D')
  • In this "Data" folder you should have a bunch of .rvdata* (* is ether 2 or 3 I think)
  • There should be no folders in here, if there are (probably from your partial translation) you have installed it wrong
  • Then open T++, new project, RPG Maker, select the game's .exe
  • Select new project (in the bottom right ish) (Do Not Build From Cache)
  • And it should (given you applied your Partial Translation) have some English text in the original text column in some files
If it is working properly you will get a popup command prompt looking thing with loading bars and things, which is the "patcher" that lets T++ read the files. If you don't see this window then you know 100% that the "patcher" is "bugged" or T++ failed to find the game's data files (most likely the second).
If you do see this popup and it still fails it may be that T++ doesn't have permission to read the "patched" data folder. If this happens then I recommend running as Administrator.
#Note it's also a good idea to delete the cache stored at "C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\" as this is where the patched files are sent to to be patched.
I followed your list . it really seems like its bugged or so.

this error ocurred

Iam a little bit at my witts end so i did make some protocolled pictures what the game looked like when i translated it with patch. what the patch -->folder looked like.

Also because it seems like the tricks didnt work,
i made a rar. file with the game raw and patched also the patch solo project zip.JPG and loaded it to mega. so if someone have the time to test if it works by him that would be really nice. if its just me then i dont know what to do right now.

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
I followed your list . it really seems like its bugged or so.

this error ocurred

Iam a little bit at my witts end so i did make some protocolled pictures what the game looked like when i translated it with patch. what the patch -->folder looked like.

Also because it seems like the tricks didnt work,
i made a rar. file with the game raw and patched also the patch solo project zip.JPG and loaded it to mega. so if someone have the time to test if it works by him that would be really nice. if its just me then i dont know what to do right now.

Well I finally got it to work. I don't know why but translator++ didn't like the extracted game. So I just transplanted the data files to another game and TaDa.

I hope you enjoy. Just open it in Translator++ ("Open Project" on start) and you have the partial in the texts in the Original Texts.

Reactions: burn3287 and n0pe

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
Well I finally got it to work. I don't know why but translator++ didn't like the extracted game. So I just transplanted the data files to another game and TaDa.

I hope you enjoy. Just open it in Translator++ ("Open Project" on start) and you have the partial in the texts in the Original Texts.

I think it doesn't like Japanese named files in the main game dir. Just removing the 3 Japanese named files (which are not needed anyway), will probably fix the problem.

At least this fixed all my problems with RPG Maker VX.

Also Translator++, doesn't like itself to be in Japanese named dir.

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018

thank you so much it really works , and now the next kick in the nuts i have to wait sometime, but at least i can translate it now xDDDD
seems like i worked to much xD

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018

one last question so far.
if i warp texts, the machine transtlated text from "initial" to "machine translation" and extract it , do the data files have the warped text or the unwarped?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote