Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Yxel

Nov 15, 2017
Hi, guys. Can you suggest similar tool to translate some gm ace project from Japanese to English?
I used translator++ to translate almost everything but scripts and npc names. But looks like files with npc names where not imported to project.

Saryon

May 2, 2019
When i export, i just get some txt files with the text i translated. But i can't just move and replace, cause in the game folder there is only rvdata2 files. How to convert the txt in rvdata2 or the contrary so i can replace it and patch?

Shredy

Aug 8, 2017
I'm getting this error:
error.jpg
This makes me unable to patch my game, everything was fine yesterday.

I fixed it by starting a new project and copy-paste all the work, quite a waste of time.
Anyone knows what causes that error?

Bubulae

Jul 30, 2017
Hello, I want to ask about translating wolf game..

I got problem everytime I tried to export the translation. I'm already use context.rb that made export error, I still got error while exporting. Any suggestion guys?

Last edited:

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
Windows 10 home version 1903, os build 18362.535 , i5-7200U cpu, 8 gigs of ram, 64 bit operating system and x64-based processor, intel HD graphics 620 (laptop). I'm not sure where I am looking in the event viewer.
You didn't answered if the Google Chrome Browser is installed/working.
Upgrade to Version 1909 and try again, if Chrome works.
Check Event Viewer>Windows Protocols>Applications for errors related to T++

I'm getting an error saying: Script 'Window_Message' line 346: NoMethodError occurred.
undifined method `upcase for nil:NilClass

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Open 'Window_Message' at line 346 and compare it with the original file for missing/wrong symbols, or if it calls any method and trace it back to the point of failure. Some programming skills required.

Anyone know what's going on here? I keep getting this message when I try to open translator++ for several games.

Error! File list not found in init file at : D:\Download\RPGMaker Translator++\Translator++\www\php\cache\8b8c962db0c83837857c19e1b2785dff\initial.json
I think deleting the cache folder '8b8c962db0c83837857c19e1b2785dff' fixes the problem or reinstalling T++

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
When i export, i just get some txt files with the text i translated. But i can't just move and replace, cause in the game folder there is only rvdata2 files. How to convert the txt in rvdata2 or the contrary so i can replace it and patch?
Always export rvdata2 into the game folder first, the rename rvdata2 into rvdata2.bak, then you can alter game files, else it always loads the text from rvdata2

Hello, I want to ask about translating wolf game..

I got problem everytime I tried to export the translation. I'm already use context.rb that made export error, I still got error while exporting. Any suggestion guys?
That's a very weird issue, why would anybody put code in quotes? \ is normally used in code either for patch in Windows or to format text, but I never saw something like that, why would anybody write "\cself[8]"? Is there more text like this in the files, and how does the line look in game? Maybe there is already something wrong when you import it.

Bubulae

Jul 30, 2017
That's a very weird issue, why would anybody put code in quotes? \ is normally used in code either for patch in Windows or to format text, but I never saw something like that, why would anybody write "\cself[8]"? Is there more text like this in the files, and how does the line look in game? Maybe there is already something wrong when you import it.
Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by "More text like that and how does the line look in game (your quote)"?

For the codes, I really don't know how it looks like, because I just want to straight translate the game, guided by tutorials. When I translate MV game, its work fine without any problem. This game, actually more like VN and simulation rather than usual RPG. When I did extract the game and did the translation, its worked fine. I got this error when I tried to export the translation. Thats why I pretty confused, which part I did wrong.

O yeah, the game itself, by default doesnt have file "data.wolf", you can see in the picture below how default game looks like.

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
What do you mean by "More text like that and how does the line look in game (your quote)"?
Are there more strings (this is the term, describing text that is shown on screen, like dialogue or text prompts) that use escape charackters (the backslash) in quotes ('\c', "\c",「\c」) which is your issue. because as far as I know there is now \c escape charackter, and when it is used, it is normally used in the middle or outside of qoutes. Directly after the qoutation symbol is very uncommon.
I could say just remove the \c in the whole script, but i could give a more specific answer if I knew, how this sentence is handled by the game.

frixer

Nov 20, 2019
The patch started and cmd opened. After it has written "Starting patch", cmd closed and outputed part of the code

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
That's normal behaviour, if something doesn't work, it shows Error: and what went wrong, when it finishes there was no error

ohnuker

Sep 27, 2017
Ok it was working for me till now but it started to crash like 5 seconds after i open translator++ any idea why it crashes(i can see traslator++ running in the task manager sometimes)

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
Ok it was working for me till now but it started to crash like 5 seconds after i open translator++ any idea why it crashes(i can see traslator++ running in the task manager sometimes)
If you saved your work, you could try deleting your cache in Translator++\www\php\cache or delete everything and extract a fresh version of T++ into the folder

EmpressEllie

Feb 22, 2019
You didn't answered if the Google Chrome Browser is installed/working.
Upgrade to Version 1909 and try again, if Chrome works.
Check Event Viewer>Windows Protocols>Applications for errors related to T++

I installed google chrome, tried opening translator++ multiple times and it just sits in task manager but nothing comes up still. I did check the event viewer and I have nothing listed for translator++ even after opening and closing it in task manager 3 times 10 minutes apart. Maybe my laptop is just not able to use it, I did a do a system reformat but I think my laptop is damaged software and hardware wise? The fans run loudly all the time and I did smell something off about it a while ago like maybe I burnt out some hardware? I'm probably due for a new laptop anyway, replacing my laptop every 2 years is getting annoying so maybe something other than lenovo this time.

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
I installed google chrome, tried opening translator++ multiple times and it just sits in task manager but nothing comes up still. I did check the event viewer and I have nothing listed for translator++ even after opening and closing it in task manager 3 times 10 minutes apart. Maybe my laptop is just not able to use it, I did a do a system reformat but I think my laptop is damaged software and hardware wise? The fans run loudly all the time and I did smell something off about it a while ago like maybe I burnt out some hardware? I'm probably due for a new laptop anyway, replacing my laptop every 2 years is getting annoying so maybe something other than lenovo this time.
That doesn't sound good, how come you have to replace your laptop every 2 years, do you buy used or new? Loud fans resemble either to weak hardware with high CPU utilisation all the time, which could result in T++ not running or taking A LOT of time to start, you should try starting it and wait a day, or dried up thermal paste/dusty fans, you should always fix both when checking, also check if the fan spins freely. Cheap laptops often come with slow 2,5" HDDs that take forever to do anything, like half an hour to install CPU-Z. Next time look at least for a laptop with an SSD or even an M.2

Did someone tell me the step for translating rpg maker vx ace?
First you need to export Game.rgss3a with RPG Maker XP VX decrypter into your game folder, then rename Game.rgss3a into Game.rgss3a.bak then you can import the game into T++

WHATSUPEOPLE

Nov 8, 2019
My Close Button Is Gone,does anyone can fix this.
It's already 100% Complete But The Close Button ( The Bottom One) Won't Appear

webfischi

Nov 4, 2019
My Close Button Is Gone,does anyone can fix this.
It's already 100% Complete But The Close Button ( The Bottom One) Won't Appear
Maybe you should update your T++ version first 1.2 ist pretty old, get at least the officially free version 1.11 from the website or the 1.12 from an older post

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote