Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Beew Emos

Sep 30, 2019
I've tried to figure this one out with the posts already made, but i cant.
Screenshot (303).png
Screenshot (302).png
I think the script is calling on something in the database but i have no idea what it is calling on.

Nanjo

Oct 10, 2020
Hi! I just started to use Translator++ today, and I'm trying to learn its ways.
Say, how could I make Translator++ read a .rvdata file that wasn't added alongside the rest of a game's files?
I'm trying to translate an RPG Maker VX game, but its maps' names which appear on screen when you're about to save your progress in the game seem to be located in a MapInfos.rvdata file. Said file wasn't added to the list of files that Translator++ can work on though, and I'm not seeing any way to import a file here myself.

EDIT: The game has saving points instead of letting the Player save anywhere, so I guess I'll just have to translate the names of the maps that have them in RPG Maker VX, at least for now.

Last edited:

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
Hi! I just started to use Translator++ today, and I'm trying to learn its ways.
Say, how could I make Translator++ read a .rvdata file that wasn't added alongside the rest of a game's files?
I'm trying to translate an RPG Maker VX game, but its maps' names which appear on screen when you're about to save your progress in the game seem to be located in a MapInfos.rvdata file. Said file wasn't added to the list of files that Translator++ can work on though, and I'm not seeing any way to import a file here myself.

EDIT: The game has saving points instead of letting the Player save anywhere, so I guess I'll just have to translate the names of the maps that have them in RPG Maker VX, at least for now.
I see, sometimes names are images too, and tool don't import those.

Nanjo

Oct 10, 2020
I see, sometimes names are images too, and tool don't import those.
To clarify, this doesn't seem to be one of those cases. The maps' names seem to be mere strings of text.
I opened the file with Notepad++ and saw them myself.
Untitled.png

Strangely though, if I try to modify any of them from here, the game crashes upon startup, so modifying them from inside RPG Maker VX seems to be the only choice I have until I find out how to make Translator++ recognize the file.

What's even stranger is that whenever I export my project on Translator++, a MapInfos.rvdata file IS created (and it makes me lose my translated map names everytime), so while the program won't let me translate the text strings within the file, it does modify the file somehow, or else it wouldn't spit out its own version. I don't quite get it.

Sena0

Oct 25, 2019
Hello I wanted to inquire because I have a problem, I used an old version of translator ++ and I managed to translate games made in RPG MAKER VX but since I put the last version I can't manage anymore to translate these games where if it happens it does it 1 time out of 10, and when it doesn't work it puts "Illegal argument" or others. So I took some games that I had managed to translate on the old version of translator ++ and it didn't work on the new one, so I wanted to know if there was anything to be done to fix this problem because I find that weird, thank you.

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
Hello I wanted to inquire because I have a problem, I used an old version of translator ++ and I managed to translate games made in RPG MAKER VX but since I put the last version I can't manage anymore to translate these games where if it happens it does it 1 time out of 10, and when it doesn't work it puts "Illegal argument" or others. So I took some games that I had managed to translate on the old version of translator ++ and it didn't work on the new one, so I wanted to know if there was anything to be done to fix this problem because I find that weird, thank you.

When having those issues when updating i did a new translation and imported the old ones, then worked fine.

kynn88

May 25, 2018
I need some help, whenever I translate, some dialogues, like: \n<\n[1]>\c[1]Mayor Giron took my key.. I need to get it back!, it ends up being translated like this: Qnexzd\n[1undefined]\c[1]Mayor Giron pegou minha chave .. Eu preciso recuperá-la! I'm translating from English to Portuguese.

Reactions: Aioria619

Kuroyan

Jul 23, 2017
I need some help, whenever I translate, some dialogues, like: \n<\n[1]>\c[1]Mayor Giron took my key.. I need to get it back!, it ends up being translated like this: Qnexzd\n[1undefined]\c[1]Mayor Giron pegou minha chave .. Eu preciso recuperá-la! I'm translating from English to Portuguese.
Try to use the 'replace' option (ctrl+f) and replace 'Qnexzd\n[1undefined]\c' by '\n<\n[1]>\c' , it should do the trick.

Does anyone know how to exclude tags from being translated ? I have a bunch of .png file that I have tagged but I can't seem to prevent it from being translated. I tried to exclude them when injecting using blacklist, but I guess it just removes the line from the game (which is fatal when they are image or system variables) instead of not taking into account the translation.

Thanks

ParaPara15

Dec 27, 2018
Does anyone know if it's possible to insert linebreaks using the regex find/replace function? I've tried inserting \n or <br> but it just puts those characters in there and no linebreak appears in the game itself either. Haven't been having too much luck with the built in line wrapping tool (in my experience it wraps lines WAY more often than it should) so figured I'd just use regex to accomplish the same thing, like "(.{48,55}) " -> "$1\n" only the \n doesn't do its job like it should...

Edit: Guess I found a workaround for now, I can just use a placeholder string like [LINEBREAK] or something and then find/replace in Notepad++ after I'm done. Though if I need to do it in other engines besides RPG maker it might be a bit more inconvenient... Also it is still necessary to use the native wrap function for some messages that overlap the bottom of the text box since this regex doesn't help with that, but it does help for those that overlap the right side which the native line wrap is not good for... So for example here I used the above regex to filter out most of the stuff that overlaps the right side of the textbox (though I changed it to 40,55 since 48,55 missed too many) and then used word wrapping with 140 which fixed most of the stuff that overlaps on the bottom, seems good now.

Edit 2: I guess you can also use backreferences to match a linebreak in the find string to insert a linebreak in the replace string, generally using this method now when I can. For example "(\n)(.{40,55}?) " -> "$1$2$1" inserts a linebreak at the first space found between 40-55 characters per line, though it won't match the first line so for that you need something like "^(.{40,55}?) (.*)(\n)" -> "$1$3$2$3"

Last edited:

landon brice

Jan 15, 2018
does anyone know how to translate krkr games? like form orcsoft and etc...., my true problem that is i can´t set to japanese locale machine cuz i don´t have license for more than one language, and locale emulator won´t run with the game when it´s dropped to the krkr extract so.... anyone can make that extract for me or does it had any other way to translate all those games??

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
does anyone know how to translate krkr games? like form orcsoft and etc...., my true problem that is i can´t set to japanese locale machine cuz i don´t have license for more than one language, and locale emulator won´t run with the game when it´s dropped to the krkr extract so.... anyone can make that extract for me or does it had any other way to translate all those games??
You can try to use virtual pc system like Oracle VM VirtualBox and change locale there.

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
When i try to translate kirikiri2 with translator++ after extracting game with KrkrExtract, translator++ stops for some seconds and then the bar below reads processing and not going further after that. I'm pretty sure the game is not encrypted, so what could be a problem? Is there a way to auto translate one .ks file?

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote