Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

mderinc`507

Jul 23, 2020
Is there a fix for the .exe file not running the program? I see it in task manager but it's not starting. I have the visual basics and redist stuff.

Not sure what I'm missing.

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
Could someone explain to me what \i[317] is? Can I just erase it or is it something important
It's a variable I assume for having the \ and [numbers], better leave it

Could try putting it on the search bar if it's related to something or it's used more times.

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
These are codes used by the game to call item names, events or symbols. Other codes such as $1 function similarly.

They're also the reason why the batch translation function will simply break games without manual revision, because Translator++ can't tell they're codes. It simply sees text, tries to translate it, and breaks a lot of things in the process.

For example:
%0ダメージを与える。
Should be translated as:
Deal %0 damage.
Where %0 is the code called for the amount of the damage dealt.

But Translator++ doesn't know what %0 means, nor where it should go in the sentence. It often also adds spaces to it, since it can't wrap its head around numbers without spacing, or assumes it's a typo.

zach8205

Mar 4, 2021
hello i can't seem to solve this problem in translator++,

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0 Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'autoInit.php' (include_path='.;./php/includes') in Unknown on line 0 Error opening file : undefinedTypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined

does anyone know how to fix this

Chetti

Nov 19, 2020
hello i can't seem to solve this problem in translator++,

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0 Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'autoInit.php' (include_path='.;./php/includes') in Unknown on line 0 Error opening file : undefinedTypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined

does anyone know how to fix this
Hey did you figure it out dude? I also have the same problem.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Hey did you figure it out dude? I also have the same problem.
In my experience, that usually means there's something wrong with the cache in your Translator++ folder.
If you still have the game translation backed up, I'd clear the cache (www/php/cache, from your main directory) by deleting any of the game folders in there.

Reactions: Chetti

Chetti

Nov 19, 2020
In my experience, that usually means there's something wrong with the cache in your Translator++ folder.
If you still have the game translation backed up, I'd clear the cache (www/php/cache, from your main directory) by deleting any of the game folders in there.
Thanks for the advice, I clean the cache deleting those folders as you said but still no avail, alas.
Thanks anyway.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Thanks for the advice, I clean the cache deleting those folders as you said but still no avail, alas.
Thanks anyway.
Sorry, another suggestion is to delete the cache from your own Appdata folder.
It's sort of akin to starting over, so I usually like to save my translation as an excel spreadsheet or make sure it's backed up somehow before doing this, and then create a new translation project. You need to find the name of your folder (usually, I just "create" a new project with the same game.exe file, and when Translator++ asks to rebuild, you can usually see the folder name there). The default cache destination from the Appdata folder is: (Users/***/local/appdata/temp)

Also, I've had so many different errors spring up, and obviously, there's an endless amount of people who have had problems too (you can basically see that this thread is just people commenting about the same bugs over and over and all of us trying to troubleshoot and diagnose how to fix them all). I'm def no expert and i've wasted literal weeks trying to bugfix and repair my translations. But if you want to PM me instead of clogging up the thread with this discussion, feel free. I can offer a few tips on what to do and perhaps ask some questions that will help get to the root of the problem.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Chetti

Gruz69

May 25, 2020
Rite, so I got this [see spoiler] and can't really find that `'' thingy anywhere in the translation.
What did I mess up and how to unmess it? x

Thanks in advance!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
Rite, so I got this [see spoiler] and can't really find that `'' thingy anywhere in the translation.
What did I mess up and how to unmess it? x

Thanks in advance!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's probably on scripts i assume is one of those, just don't tl them or any, not needed xD

(those are nameinput)

1615498638682.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gruz69

GoldBolt

Aug 2, 2020
Don't know if this is the right palce to ask but I've been trying to use Translator++ to translate a Renpy game, but when the try to open the game up after injecting the translation this pops up. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote