Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
tags.jpg

I try to add, but this error appears

tags2.jpg

I will be very grateful for any help.:)

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Thanks for the reply, I am not translating so other people can play, i purely do it for myself so i can understand how to continue the game as I know 0 of Japanese.
So do you have any tips and tricks about how to fast translate a game (even bad translation) without breaking it ?
Mayaktheunholy over at ULMF already made a partial of the game you're trying to translate which you might wanna use as a base for your translation (since it'll prevent some bugs you're causing).

As far as trying to make an MTL (which again, I wouldn't suggest), I'd try to go through each map and see what content is actually in there before translating. At the very least, you should avoid batch translation unless you know what you're doing; uncheck things like the animations file, common events, etc before hitting that button.

What you want to do is, believe me, incredibly common because again, people are lazy and want quick, immediate results. However, because you not only don't know Japanese but also don't know how to use this tool properly, it's a recipe for disaster. The analogy that comes to mind is wanting to go to the moon by yourself but not being an engineer and not wanting to spend time and resources to learn how to build a rocket. Again, please consider a modicum of patience and hard work in what you're doing; otherwise it will cause problems.

wwwander

Aug 22, 2021
Thanks for the reply, I am not translating so other people can play, i purely do it for myself so i can understand how to continue the game as I know 0 of Japanese.
So do you have any tips and tricks about how to fast translate a game (even bad translation) without breaking it ?
I also know 0 japanese and have had moderate success in mtl-ing RPGmaker games for personal use with translator++. If you want something mostly functional as quick as possible (HIGHLY dependent on the length of the game):

-Uncheck Animations, CommonEvents, MapInfos, Scripts, System, and Tilesets before batch translating. These files tend to contain lots of text that will break the game if translated. If you want to be extra sure, also uncheck States and Skills to reduce the chance of errors in battle without messing up dialogue.

-This is a good time to wrap text so that the in-game text stays within the dialogue boxes. Check all the translated files and then right-click -> 'With all' -> 'Wrap texts'. 'Source column' should almost always be 'Initial', 'Target Column' is where the program will put the wrapped text.

-At this point, I would save and name the project ('gamename_v01') and then immediately click 'Save As' again ('gamename_v02'). Use v02 as your starting point and keep v01 so that you can quickly replace any translated text you accidentally delete. Ctrl-z works and is super useful, but sometimes you don't realize the mistake until reviewing.

-Look through every file you MTL'd line-by-line to check for potential issues. Yes, every file. Delete any translated text that looks like it's part of the scripting language; these are usually pretty obvious once you get a sense for what you're looking for. Here are some examples of text to look for taken from a tiny project I did yesterday: "MP_SET_MOVIE p2_a Normal_1", "showHpGauge B", " <enemy:104>", anything in [] <>.

-I've found that the best rule is to delete anything I think is even a bit suspicious. It's much easier to start with a limited translation that you know is stable and expand it later than search through thousands of lines of text to solve one issue only to immediately run into another.

If you follow the above, things like the pause/option menus, locations, skill/status names will probably be in japanese, but the majority of the dialogue for objects/characters should be MTL'd. Good luck.

The analogy that comes to mind is wanting to go to the moon by yourself but not being an engineer and not wanting to spend time and resources to learn how to build a rocket. Again, please consider a modicum of patience and hard work in what you're doing; otherwise it will cause problems.
This is a poor analogy. Akrex's goal is to put together a stable and mostly accurate translation for personal use that gives enough information to get them from step 1 to step 2 in a game. MTL is only a step or two above gibberish, but if you're trying to figure out basic information like "what is the next boss weak to" or "where is the item for this quest located", it is an effective, fast, and low/no cost tool.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Well, it's completely up to user effort and understanding of the tool, which is the purpose of the analogy. If someone wants to "fast translate" (as literally stated), it tells me they, like many others, are looking for a quick fix and I'm warning against that.

If you don't know what you're doing and don't want to try to understand something that's rather complex (especially since there are experienced fan translators like myself who run into debug/troubleshooting issues all the time with this tool ... and the dev himself can't solve many of these problems), then you're likely to break something and cause even more troubles. I don't think I need to give an example here, since you can just look to the comment section of many of this forum's threads on an MTL game to see that the "translator" has broken something by simply thinking the "batch translation" button is some sort of deus ex machina.

Also, to your point, if you're trying to figure out basic game information, I'd argue that the actual game editor (e.g. RPM VXA/MV/Wolf RPGE) is a more effective way to find that, since T++ is notorious for leaving maps/code out, and, depending on the information desired, might not show it at all.

Akrex , to be fair, the above poster has excellent, useful tips and I'd strongly recommend following them. That being said, I stand by what I said. In fact, part of the reason why I didn't list those tips myself is because you didn't seem like you'd follow them in the first place. I hope you can prove me wrong.

Reactions: Akrex

Ando-dono

Jun 21, 2020
I've machine translate this game "A Nursery Tale Story" but as soon as i start the game in the first 2 min i get this error, and no animation is working, help please
View attachment 1433715
Hello, I know how to fix the error in this particular game. You should not translate lines with red tag (Thanks to developer, he marked the lines which should not be changed in order to avoid fatal error). Just mark the box with "avoid the tagged lines" in autotranslate settings. After that you can freely apply your patch to the game and play with almost 99% lines translated. The only thing, which still remain in Japanese is "location of your current target" box. By the way, I already finished this game without any errors. But at first I've got the same error message as you. For future reference, never touch lines marked with a red tag when translating. Good luck! :)

Burby500

Sep 26, 2021
Sorry for bothering if the question has already been answered (couldn't find an answer here and only saw the question).
Whenever I replace a json file in the data folder and start the game, I get the following error:
Uncaught syntaxerror: unexpected token R in JSON at position 0

Did I translate an essential file? (Tried it on classes, actors, enemies and weapons all with the same result)
Or do I have to delete a file? (I think it is RPGM MV)
Or what else am I missing here?
(System location is also set to jp by the way)

I would really appreciate help on this issue. Thanks :)
Seconding this

Reactions: NoodleX2

NoodleX2

Sep 24, 2017
Have the same Problem as well, after adding the translated data files to the game it always gives that error:
Unexpected token in JSON at position 0

I've even compared the modified JSON Files to the originals and didn't see anything wrong with them..

Last edited:

Spetzghast

Dec 17, 2017
I'm new to this and just seeing what I can do, learning as I go. So far not really touching up on the translations that are done and I'm just trying to get everything to work properly. One issue I'm having is that menus are tending to disappear in my translated game. If I'm at a location and have the option to move, speak, etc. and I choose one, everything suddenly poofs and the options that should be there are gone. The only menu I can access at that point is the pause menu and its various submenus. Why is this? Is there a JSON file I need to finagle with somewhere?

Leaving some pics as examples.

f2022zone

Oct 12, 2021
Does any one know how to include horizontal bar “―” (U+2015) in translation?
I tried to fix it in www\js\autoload trans.papago.js, but I couldn't find where to fix.

ex) (ふむ――) should be translated (Hmm――)
but translator++(papago) translate it into ふむ -> step first
and concatenates other things (step――)
This problem no longer occurs if translator++(papago) translates ふむ―― instead of ふむ.

kid123

Jul 22, 2017
Using Translator+++ for WolfRPG is making my head hurt. Because Translator+++ cant take more than 3 line, the end result shown in WolfRPG editor is those line past the threshold is forced into "show message". This is not dialog text but UI text so it break the game. I want to find text code (the one with \) for line break but to no avail. Is there solution to this or I am stuck with using the mess of WolfRPG editor?

Scro Ghost

Oct 11, 2021
Look like it cant read space, try to rename your computer account without the space and change the destination name in translator+++ too. Or change your game folder location with name without space.
It did not worked :(

I can translate rpg maker games..but I can't VXAce

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote