Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Does the translator have to re-write the entire game every time I want to inject a small modification? Takes like 30 minutes just to apply some changes each time. There's no reason it needs to copy and paste every single asset.
Dunno why it takes forever, but you can uncheck all the boxes of the maps you don't want to include in your translation changes (there's a little minus button in the bottom left window that will toggle the check/uncheck option). I'd imagine that would speed up the process, especially if you only need to make a change or two to a specific map.

Sep 1, 2018
After my computer shut down unexpectedly, the TRANS file I had open at the time seems to have become corrupted. I can open other files normally, but when I try opening up this particular file, the program just shows "working" and the moving circle of dots, never progressing past this point. I can revert the file to a previous version, but this would mean losing several days of work. Does anyone know of a way to fix this file?

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
i am trying to translate a krkr game but it gets stuck, any solution please?
Did you find the solution ? I trying to play the same game ....
I found the solution, in my case I moved out some .ks files to outside of their folder and after that I launched translator++ again and then it could finish reading the other .ks files that were left in the folder (In your case some .tjs files could be the problem too, you will have to experiment with that). I guess the problem is those .ks files contained scripts that stops translator++ from doing its job, but another thing is those leftout of the folder files are still containing some texts that were required to be translated so my game was half translated , moreover translated .ks files broke some scripts in my game so it became half playable at them end. Kirikiri (and Kirikiri2) translating functionaty is still too flawed in translator++ so if nothing would work in your case you shouldn't be surprised.

furrry2

Feb 16, 2020
I found the solution, in my case I moved out some .ks files to outside of their folder and after that I launched translator++ again and then it could finish reading the other .ks files that were left in the folder (In your case some .tjs files could be the problem too, you will have to experiment with that). I guess the problem is those .ks files contained scripts that stops translator++ from doing its job, but another thing is those leftout of the folder files are still containing some texts that were required to be translated so my game was half translated , moreover translated .ks files broke some scripts in my game so it became half playable at them end. Kirikiri (and Kirikiri2) translating functionaty is still too flawed in translator++ so if nothing would work in your case you shouldn't be surprised.
thanks, I moved the first ks file and it started reading the other files.

Jul 1, 2018
Hi, I used the google translate option to translate to English to the "machine translation" column and I want to use bing or yandex to translate the "original text" to the "better translate" So I can get a better idea of what is actually being translated because a lot of it makes no sense. But When i click on batch translate it will just copy the already translated text from "machine translation (AKA Google)" into the "Better translation" column. Is this not an option to have more than 1 translation from the web into a set of column?
I tried making a new column and selecting that as the target destination but it still copy the already translated text from "Mechine translation" into the newly created column

Ikkarin

Sep 1, 2021
Does anyone know how to obtain version 3.7.15 without having to resort to Patreon? According to the website it's the first version that has the context fields feature.

For some reason whoever made this thought it was a good idea to convert every instance of a sentence in a script to the same translation regardless of context, 100% aware that they can have different translations, specially across different characters, with no way to disable it, no clear demonstration that it's doing it besides the doc in the website and purposely walling the feature that allows you to translate each instance properly behind Patreon. I don't think any serious translator would even wish to batch translate sentences like that by default considering most games are in Japanese, a heavily context-reliant language, even more so when the Common References feature exists, and I don't wanna pay for a manufactured feature made to solve a problem that the tool itself created in the first place.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit:
I have found later versions in another thread. Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited:

h4po88

Sep 1, 2019
Does anyone know how to obtain version 3.7.15 without having to resort to Patreon? According to the website it's the first version that has the context fields feature.

For some reason whoever made this thought it was a good idea to convert every instance of a sentence in a script to the same translation regardless of context, 100% aware that they can have different translations, specially across different characters, with no way to disable it, no clear demonstration that it's doing it besides the doc in the website and purposely walling the feature that allows you to translate each instance properly behind Patreon. I don't think any serious translator would even wish to batch translate sentences like that by default considering most games are in Japanese, a heavily context-reliant language, even more so when the Common References feature exists, and I don't wanna pay for a manufactured feature made to solve a problem that the tool itself created in the first place.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I have found later versions in another thread. Thanks for the assistance.
can you share the 3.7.15 version please?

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Does anyone know how to turn off the auto-suggestion feature?
I've been translating with T++ for years and I swear, that thing has wasted more time and caused more headaches for me than anything else (other than T++ not actually working).
Despite all the updates to this tool, I don't think an option to turn off auto-suggest has ever been mentioned or considered.

Reactions: AVM666

D-us

Nov 12, 2019
Guys, I need help.
I translated this game ( https://f95zone.to/threads/amor-magical-academy-v2-0a-mijiishi.1868/ from English to Spanish, but when exporting the project the destination folder appears empty. Looking a little more, I found the .rvdata2 files in text format (.txt), these did contain the translated text, only that next to each line it was marked with a "> CONTEXT: Actors / 3 / description / <UNTRANSLATED" ( see the picture).
Could someone help me to generate the translation?

Captura de pantalla (175).png

qwertdewq

Aug 2, 2018
Hi. I tried to use T++ to translate wolf rpg game but got stuck a bit. It seems like if a cell have more than 4 strings T++ divides it into 2 or more and in some places it breaks the game. I tried to google but couldn't find any info.
Is there a way to "glue" cells together or make them longer or something like that?

Aug 22, 2018
Has anyone here managed to get this thing working under Wine? I've installed all the C++ runtimes but it's stuck on the start screen with a perpetual "working..." message.

Akrex

Nov 16, 2018
I've machine translate this game "A Nursery Tale Story" but as soon as i start the game in the first 2 min i get this error, and no animation is working, help please
error.PNG

Reactions: Lazro

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
This is why you don't hit the "batch translation" button without knowing what you're doing (and I'm really not a fan of MTLs or those who "translate" them quite honestly for this reason).

I'm suspecting you didn't uncheck the Animations file from T++ when you tried to use the batch translation function. Remove the translated material from that map and reprocess/reapply the translation. On that note, I'd strongly suggest checking what you're translating as well, since even with MTLs, you'd be breaking something potentially in the Common Events scripts or plugins (for RPM games) if you're a newbie and expecting an MTL to be done quickly. If not the Animations file, you could've easily broken something else (e.g. search for a "/ ]" or related characters and see if it should be "/]" instead).

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
1633250269080.png
I get this error...when trying to apply translations. It's my first time with this program and I've gotten the most recent one shared on this thread.

Idk what the problem is and the end result is none of the translations are applied.

Aug 22, 2018
View attachment 1434520
I get this error...when trying to apply translations. It's my first time with this program and I've gotten the most recent one shared on this thread.

Idk what the problem is and the end result is none of the translations are applied.
Did you install the right plugin? That tripped me up for the longest time - to apply the actual patch, Translator++ relies on a plugin around half the time.

WaffelGun

Jun 8, 2018
Did you install the right plugin? That tripped me up for the longest time - to apply the actual patch, Translator++ relies on a plugin around half the time.
I already have the all the possible plugins. I ended up deleting this version and found another thread with a more up to date one and it works there.

Akrex

Nov 16, 2018
This is why you don't hit the "batch translation" button without knowing what you're doing (and I'm really not a fan of MTLs or those who "translate" them quite honestly for this reason).

I'm suspecting you didn't uncheck the Animations file from T++ when you tried to use the batch translation function. Remove the translated material from that map and reprocess/reapply the translation. On that note, I'd strongly suggest checking what you're translating as well, since even with MTLs, you'd be breaking something potentially in the Common Events scripts or plugins (for RPM games) if you're a newbie and expecting an MTL to be done quickly. If not the Animations file, you could've easily broken something else (e.g. search for a "/ ]" or related characters and see if it should be "/]" instead).
Thanks for the reply, I am not translating so other people can play, i purely do it for myself so i can understand how to continue the game as I know 0 of Japanese.
So do you have any tips and tricks about how to fast translate a game (even bad translation) without breaking it ?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote