Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Ichihaya

Jul 22, 2022
Hello, anyone know this problem? so log say "all file successfully written" but status still "Processing", i already wait 1hour and still like this

Rizzo619

Sep 26, 2019

If you have MV, then the codes for changing the text size

\{Increases the text by 1 step.
\}Decreases the text by 1 step.
I have a game with two different versions. Older version is translated in english while the newer one is in japanese which also includes a dlc. How can i import the translated texts from the older one to the newer version. I only copy pasted the older map files till now, dont know how to copy the translated texts from common events and anything else if i missed. Can you help?

Nov 2, 2021
I only copy pasted the older map files till now, dont know how to copy the translated texts from common events and anything else if i missed. Can you help?
It's usually easy to export the translation to a version of the game made by the same developer. Minimal work. But if there are many files changed, the only thing I can advise is to open two windows of the translator and check manually, file by file, line by line. Yes, it is long, but with amount of work comes experience. :(

Rizzo619

Sep 26, 2019
It's usually easy to export the translation to a version of the game made by the same developer. Minimal work. But if there are many files changed, the only thing I can advise is to open two windows of the translator and check manually, file by file, line by line. Yes, it is long, but with amount of work comes experience. :(
Thanks for the advice, you are right with more work comes experience.For the two game versions which are by same dev, I tried to directly copy all the translated maps.json files from older version to the newer version (which has more maps) It didnt work. Whats the correct way to add the translated map files to the newer version ?

Nov 2, 2021
I tried to directly copy all the translated maps.json files from older version to the newer version (which has more maps) It didnt work. Whats the correct way to add the translated map files to the newer version ?
If you're using a translator, and you should be, since you're posting in this thread, you should:
1. start a new project by selecting a new version of the game.
2. import your translated text from the translation project 'trans file' from the old version game.
3. Check that everything works well and continue translating.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Rizzo619

Sep 26, 2019
If you're using a translator, and you should be, since you're posting in this thread, you should:
2. import your translated text from the translation project 'trans file' from the old version game.
Thank you for showing it visually step by step but the mapsxxx.json files in the older version of the game has just the "Original text" column, the "initial" column is blank as the translator put the english lines directly over the original japanese lines. Is there any way to copy the columns to initial for all the maps
Thank you for the step-by-step visual, gave a beginner like me direction on how to proceed. It took quite some time because the translated version only had one column, 'Original text,' and no 'Initial' column. When I imported the translation file into the newer version earlier, it was showing as blank. So i had to find a way to duplicate the columns for all the maps, then export and finally import them into the newer version. I guess there are easy ways to do it.

Nov 2, 2021
So i had to find a way to duplicate the columns for all the maps, then export and finally import them into the newer version. I guess there are easy ways to do it.
It's good that you found a solution. I would have been confused myself in such a case, it's like starting a translation from scratch.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote