Lanceire

Mar 24, 2023
Thanks Lanceire, I think I found the location under:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uh17wjlj.default-1613633264166\storage\default\file++++E++folder+Transylvania%200.4.07+Transylvania0.4.07.html\

However none of the files are named save. There's no "Save Slots" folder.

There's a folder called "ls" with the files: data (SQlite file) and usage (File)
Outside of that there's a file called .metadata-v2
Save files do not exist until you export them. Alternative way to share save "file" is to open devtools(F12) - storage tab - local storage - and then copy key/value pairs.

Reactions: T800 and rainwake

Lanceire

Mar 24, 2023
This game has huge save data bloat problems. It can be easily seen by the size of the exported save file: at the end of chapter 1 its 2.6Mb, at the beginning of chapter 3 its 5Mb, right at the local disk limit.
Then I looked inside the save file and noticed some text strings (they are definitely not needed in the save file), and a LOT of repetitive strings. For example, the phrase 'Traits updated!' is written 4598 times in the file!
I hope this information can help you solve save bloat problem. Vincent Valensky

The only workaround I found is to increase the local storage limit, in Firefox it can be done by editing the "dom.storage.default_quota" variable in about:config

Last edited:

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Save files do not exist until you export them. Alternative way to share save "file" is to open devtools(F12) - storage tab - local storage - and then copy key/value pairs.
I did that in Firefox and I see the 2 columns: Key and Value. Underneath Key there's a "(Saved Game (string of numbers and dashes) Slot A. The value of it is like [{"passage":"start hax", "......................}]. I cannot copy it by right clicking either of the values. There's also no indication of where it's being saved locally

Reactions: T800

Lanceire

Mar 24, 2023
I did that in Firefox and I see the 2 columns: Key and Value. Underneath Key there's a "(Saved Game (string of numbers and dashes) Slot A. The value of it is like [{"passage":"start hax", "......................}]. I cannot copy it by right clicking either of the values. There's also no indication of where it's being saved locally
You can copy it that way
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vincent Valensky

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
This game has huge save data bloat problems. It can be easily seen by the size of the exported save file: at the end of chapter 1 its 2.6Mb, at the beginning of chapter 3 its 5Mb, right at the local disk limit.
Then I looked inside the save file and noticed some text strings (they are definitely not needed in the save file), and a LOT of repetitive strings. For example, the phrase 'Traits updated!' is written 4598 times in the file!
I hope this information can help you solve save bloat problem. Vincent Valensky

The only workaround I found is to increase the local storage limit, in Firefox it can be done by editing the "dom.storage.default_quota" variable in about:config
Thank you very much for this report, it's super useful. I did some things for this patch, but haven't fiddled too deeply yet due to release deadline. I will dive in more properly and investigate the repeat traits.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Transylvania-0.4.08
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I had the same issue with save bloat in X-Change Life until I modified the Harlowe engine to stop storing historical variable data, which is copies every single turn (different from the data cleared from (forget-undos:) etc macros). Now my save files have dropped from multiple mb to 200kb consistently despite 1000+ variables and usage of data maps etc.

Lanceire

Mar 24, 2023
Can you Rename the MC and change appearance?.
You cannot do this in the game, but its very easy to open the main html file of the game with text editor and replace any text you want, including MC name.
As for the appearance, it will change as the story unfolds, but you can still change it to some extent.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Can Alex turn into a full blown demon....rather succubus or even a vampire for that matter?

Lanceire

Mar 24, 2023
Transylvania-0.4.08 SAVE FIX
I managed to fix this save bloat problem by compressing save data before storing it in local storage. This is ofc not the correct way to fix the problem, but it does the trick. I played from start to end of content in chapter 3 without a single error and save data took only ~600kb now with all 7 save slots filled. Since I modified game engine, it will be easy to move fix to the next versions. Of course, old saves wont work with this version.

• Red Heart
Reactions: rainwake and T800

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
I managed to fix this save bloat problem by compressing save data before storing it in local storage. This is ofc not the correct way to fix the problem, but it does the trick. I played from start to end of content in chapter 3 without a single error and save data took only ~600kb now with all 7 save slots filled. Since I modified game engine, it will be easy to move fix to the next versions. Of course, old saves wont work with this version.
I was looking into this problem yesterday, but gave up half way through. I'm happy, that you were more patient than me and found a fix. :)

I ended up fixing some css and made the font local yesterday, though. So I combined that with your version. So if anyone wants it, here's that version.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Cant find Zach, The men in the forest keep killing me and I need help but I can not enter the Inn to ask Zach for help. I can only go to Luvius Lair or the Hotel.

Vincent Valensky

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
This is absolutely amazing and I thank you for your efforts! Can I ask you in more details what you did exactly? Keeping in mind that I'm just using the already available engine (Harlowe) and am not doing core engine work myself (not do I have a good enough understanding to do it), I would like to understand what the issue was and maybe submit it as an improvement to the official engine so I can continue updating without things breaking.

Please don't hesitate to message me directly here or on the game's Discord.

View attachment 2713764

In the second chapter, I can't go to the inn, "go to the inn" is still not an option
This is normal, links in that color indicate choices that are unavailable in the current version.

Cant find Zach, The men in the forest keep killing me and I need help but I can not enter the Inn to ask Zach for help. I can only go to Luvius Lair or the Hotel.
If this is in Chapter 2 you don't need Zach, you need to

Last edited:

Gvort324

Aug 22, 2020
I feel very stupid, but i can't manage to pass the second werewolfencounter in chapter 1? Can someone help me ?
Also very cool and original game !

4.80 star(s) 48 Votes