3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Latowi

Jan 21, 2019
Seems like the game is bugged on stage 3-2 actually. There are certain traps you have to put on the map before allowing the hero to take their turn, but there is one spot left over when you have placed the 'before-starting' special traps. When you try to pass the turn over to the hero the game asks you if you are sure about leaving one trap unused, but you can't place the last trap, nor can you say you are sure - there is no option. So you get stuck and can't progress.
Same thing on 5-1, game is fully softlocked due to this. RIP.

tasta13

Apr 7, 2020
Fun, but don't expect to finish it due to the bugs mentioned above. The H-scenes were just weird tho.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
ok too buggy.
any saves with all CG?
or did anyone manage to decrypt the image files?

Apr 21, 2020
cons :
- long opening scene
- 250.000 final damage is not enough to take down 10.000 health heroine because of some unknown plot armor makes it deal 0 damage
- 60 chain multiplier with 2 vitality penalty and 3 major damage spell at the end of the chain deal 0 total damage.
- the game is broken
- i am in pain after trying this for few hour.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i thought the game in my trash been and then got through it out. sorry but the art style looked good.

kayot

Dec 19, 2017
The save from a few posts back isn't complete for the CG section. I'm not sure how to unlock some of the later ones.

Slicer.xy

Jul 8, 2018
Oh goody, another game from this company. A small warning to Linux and virtual machine users, the prevoius games by this company would refuse to work on Linux. I tried playing those games years ago on a gaming laptop with a 4th gen i7 cpu and nvidia 770m gpu on Linux through "wine" and "VmWare". The games would refuse to lunch, instead erroring out with the message that "your gpu is not strong enough" (its been a few years so I do not remember exactly what the error message said, but that was the general idea). Eventually I managed to play the games on my laptop by setting up rdp server on a windows install on a desktop with a dual core amd athlon cpu and a Nvidia GT 420 GPU, running windows in my laptop's VMware as a vertical machine, and connecting to the desktop from the virtual machine using rdp.

The game ran perfectly fine on a Nvidia GT 420 running Windows but refused to even start on Linux with a Nvidia 770m. While I understand that some game developers do not want their games to run in a virtual machine (usually online multiplayer games [which the games by this developer were not]), the lie that "your gpu is not strong enough" used for the error message by this game developer is INSULTING. I will not give this developer any money just on principal.

As much as I like the game play and artwork of their previous games, because of the the previous insult and the fact that this hacked release is bugged I am going to have a strong pass on this game. Sorry for the rant.

Reactions: PrinceGriss

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
yea but then use all you monster and your screwed. not only that but there power's can destroy up to what 4 to 5 trap's then you got to now witch way left are right will send them also the armor is to freaking high. the monster don't do shit with out a x multi plier. then you have a time limet be for they get 1000 armor agian so what's the point of this game but to drive you up a wall lol.

kayot

Dec 19, 2017
I can take out heroin out on the first stage. You just need to be patient. Unlike the other trap games, this one lets you pause the game for trap setup which is just overkill. My best trap so far had three hundred steps and was glorious to watch. It took the heroine from full health and armor to instant kill.

My advice however would be to only destroy their armor on the first three stages and take them out on the forth. Doing so will let you level your trap skills to max by the end of the second heroine . I was using twenty stage traps and all my summons before taking the heroine out. I stuck with the first general since I was using mainly turns and slips with some additional attack and spear walls.

I wish I could pause the other games in this engine. Setting those traps up is hard since it's on the fly and the heroine can move rooms before I get my masterpiece up and running.

saboro

Sep 28, 2019
Here's a "patch" to fix the quit function, the new game menu, the clickable debuff icons and the yes/no dialogs. No more messing around with the Japanese release to choose difficulty. Fixes font glitches as well, like wrong line breaks, missing lines and problems printing special characters. I also changed the font choices to only use pixel fonts in the map dialogs (blue windows), based on what I've seen on DLsite's English release screenshots.

This workaround should be close to the cracked release.

Update: slimypettanko was kind enough to take a look to the protected English files and properly crack the game. Download his attachment instead of mine, that's the real deal. Copy the file inside the .7z to the game directory and replace the existing one.

Last edited:

saboro

Sep 28, 2019
Oh, by the way, the game gets sluggish the more saves you have. The Japanese version limits the save slots to 9 for a good reason. Here's a patch if you want to limit them in the English version to not end up saving too much -> avoid performance problems.

Beware, use it only if you're starting to play from scratch, applying it erases all the save files. If you use it, use it along slimypettanko's crack in the post below this one or you won't be able to start a new game.

Last edited:

slimypettanko

Modder
Oct 28, 2021
On saboro's request I've unpacked the files in the english version of the game. There was just ams.cfg and plugin\extrans.dll, as the latter is just a kirikiri plugin they bundle with everything, I will not include it here. saboro said the game runs fine, and I've verified the cfg decrypts with the tools he provided.
So the original file/crack is attached.

slimypettanko

Modder
Oct 28, 2021
Oh goody, another game from this company. A small warning to Linux and virtual machine users, the prevoius games by this company would refuse to work on Linux. I tried playing those games years ago on a gaming laptop with a 4th gen i7 cpu and nvidia 770m gpu on Linux through "wine" and "VmWare". The games would refuse to lunch, instead erroring out with the message that "your gpu is not strong enough" (its been a few years so I do not remember exactly what the error message said, but that was the general idea). Eventually I managed to play the games on my laptop by setting up rdp server on a windows install on a desktop with a dual core amd athlon cpu and a Nvidia GT 420 GPU, running windows in my laptop's VMware as a vertical machine, and connecting to the desktop from the virtual machine using rdp.

The game ran perfectly fine on a Nvidia GT 420 running Windows but refused to even start on Linux with a Nvidia 770m. While I understand that some game developers do not want their games to run in a virtual machine (usually online multiplayer games [which the games by this developer were not]), the lie that "your gpu is not strong enough" used for the error message by this game developer is INSULTING. I will not give this developer any money just on principal.

As much as I like the game play and artwork of their previous games, because of the the previous insult and the fact that this hacked release is bugged I am going to have a strong pass on this game. Sorry for the rant.
So I couldn't actually play this in my VM either, but long story short, it's because they use some special d3d9 texture blending modes that seem unimplemented by vmware. I tried forcing software rasterizer, and that lacked even more features it needed. I ended up trying third party rasterizers, one that worked was SwiftShader, but they really want to squeeze money out of software devs so any version you find has super annoying watermarks and they're kind of hard to remove. Google eventually bought them and cannibalized (and open sourced) the code for their purposes, but d3d9 support became broken in Google's care and now that branch is archived, so I just cracked the oldest version of it that I could find (1MB in size), unlike the 3MB newer one it doesn't have potential security holes (the 3.0 listens on port 8080 for configuration changing), and the google version 4.0 is 15mb and broken with this game (barely shows textures). I'm not entirely sure if it's within the rules, but I've attached the crack to that old version of SS, it should make every BRUNS game playable even if the VM has no 3d support.

Fuyukun

Sep 16, 2019
This is legitimately fun to play wtf

if only they could reduce the boring flavor text or make the story better in general...

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes