• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
I can read what the newest release is but the last update I have played is v44081 it is not in the changelog list so why not? but there is a mention on here of v46082 I need to know before I can update to the latest version.
Every update is about three sex scene, one page, about two new location and some nonsex animation. Update usually have about 2% of game.
Than if your last version is v44, than in v48 you can expcet probably 6 sex scene, 2 pages, 4 location and 4% of game.

mr.thibbit

Nov 20, 2018
So it seems like I'm experiencing a bug after updating to v48091, after receiving the adventurer outfit and trying to leave the library, it says failed to load img/characters/$Bee.png. Is there something that I missed?

Mikor987

May 20, 2020
So it seems like I'm experiencing a bug after updating to v48091, after receiving the adventurer outfit and trying to leave the library, it says failed to load img/characters/$Bee.png. Is there something that I missed?
re-download ToN, First batch was bugged.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, I never use the installable mod menu's. All I do is use taboo patches and saveeditonline once or twice to give myself an extra few rock bombs or the plants because it can be kind of tedious to hunt for some items over and over again. I never do any egregious cheating even in single player games. So, it's just a shame that even minor messing around for convenience sake causes the game to break.
There are several checks in the game for counts/amounts of various items, such as containers, rock bombs, money, etc.

That way, the game mechanics from the dev perspective can be predictable. As an example, some if/else loop could be like this: (if money < 100; elif < 1000, elif < 15000, elif < game.CurrentCap).

Production, commercial software would likely account for such wacky scenarios, probably even throw a message up saying "Hey, contact your support rep, something is fishy here...". This scenario is different in that the game does not HAVE to provide for that extra money/container/bomb/whatever, as it should not be obtainable by the player.

No game producer/coder is responsible for cheating actions taken by a player. If they choose to confine certain variables for play, or even their own amusement at the fallout of these manipulations, so be it. They are not obligated to account for whatever scenario any player can 'dream up', and therefore these errors are not the fault of the dev or the team. The cause of the 'break' is the player and their choices.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Just to add fuel to the bonfire that is this thread after an update : aside the v48 hornet debacle > EVERY. SINGLE. THING bugging out in ToN is 10000000000% user's fault. Either dudes fail at updating so they're missing random images or the mods/cheats that fuck their game, NLT is 1 if not the best dev ever purely on bugfree game (aside his monstrously tight release schedule) .......

Reactions: PhineasFlynn

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
^ Just to add fuel to the bonfire that is this thread after an update : aside the v48 hornet debacle > EVERY. SINGLE. THING bugging out in ToN is 10000000000% user's fault. Either dudes fail at updating so they're missing random images or the mods/cheats that fuck their game, NLT is 1 if not the best dev ever purely on bugfree game (aside his monstrously tight release schedule) .......
So, you're trying to say that the hornet image bug was because of cheating now?

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
There are several checks in the game for counts/amounts of various items, such as containers, rock bombs, money, etc.

That way, the game mechanics from the dev perspective can be predictable. As an example, some if/else loop could be like this: (if money < 100; elif < 1000, elif < 15000, elif < game.CurrentCap).

Production, commercial software would likely account for such wacky scenarios, probably even throw a message up saying "Hey, contact your support rep, something is fishy here...". This scenario is different in that the game does not HAVE to provide for that extra money/container/bomb/whatever, as it should not be obtainable by the player.

No game producer/coder is responsible for cheating actions taken by a player. If they choose to confine certain variables for play, or even their own amusement at the fallout of these manipulations, so be it. They are not obligated to account for whatever scenario any player can 'dream up', and therefore these errors are not the fault of the dev or the team. The cause of the 'break' is the player and their choices.
I never said the developer was responsible for it, I don't know why you're so flustered.

My only and original point was that I don't see any issue with single player cheating.

If someone wants to "ruin" the experience for themselves by giving themselves items and taking away some of the difficulty, then so be it. And, for 99.99999% of my gaming experience thus far, it would seem that creators would agree with me. So I was a little bit disappointed to find out that NLT was such a stick in the mud that even minor tweaks here and there would lead to 'soft breaks' in the game.

• Angry
Reactions: dosenspezi

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
As someone who is a tester for a few games and ends up getting involved with chasing bugs sometimes, my first question anymore is "do you have any mods installed?"....and that ends up being a lionshare of the issues. When these bug complaints start souring people on playing the game, that is where devs get annoyed because it is entirely out of their control. Mods that don't get updated and cause issues at release....mods that ruin triggers or mess up variables a player cannot get...etc etc.

Frankly....I've played this game a few times now...and I guess I don't see a need for the mod? I've had plenty of cash to purchase everything needed for the house up until this point...and I'm sure much larger chunks of coin are coming to buy the big ticket items. haha

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
As someone who is a tester for a few games and ends up getting involved with chasing bugs sometimes, my first question anymore is "do you have any mods installed?"....and that ends up being a lionshare of the issues. When these bug complaints start souring people on playing the game, that is where devs get annoyed because it is entirely out of their control. Mods that don't get updated and cause issues at release....mods that ruin triggers or mess up variables a player cannot get...etc etc.

Frankly....I've played this game a few times now...and I guess I don't see a need for the mod? I've had plenty of cash to purchase everything needed for the house up until this point...and I'm sure much larger chunks of coin are coming to buy the big ticket items. haha
Money was never the issue for me, it was keys, bombs and plants, the grind to get all the required ones is tedious at best and mind numbingly boring at worse.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah, I never use the installable mod menu's. All I do is use taboo patches and saveeditonline once or twice to give myself an extra few rock bombs or the plants because it can be kind of tedious to hunt for some items over and over again. I never do any egregious cheating even in single player games. So, it's just a shame that even minor messing around for convenience sake causes the game to break.
Just FYI, what you are calling a patch is in fact the very definition of a mod. So for future references, if you see "mods breaks the game" it means those "patches" you are not calling mods.

Koi_

Jul 21, 2017
im getting stuck after the kaley and ali scene right after the rock blows mc just gets stuck at the exit is there a way to fix it?

4.50 star(s) 506 Votes