Nelix171

Apr 10, 2020
Here's hoping that NLT use Unity or similar for their next installment in order to provide a much improved user experience and consequently, drop this awful engine for good.
I hope they don't use unity its crap and very recourse intensive. Even with a 16Gb video card it throttles the speed to zero.

Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I hope they don't use unity its crap and very recourse intensive. Even with a 16Gb video card it throttles the speed to zero.
Utter bullshit. :FacePalm:

If your computer can't handle a unity game it means that your system or the game isn't optimized.

Reactions: Viggy

Viggy

Jan 5, 2019
Haven't played this game in a year! Anyways, should I just download all these files?
I highly advice against playing the full game with enhancements on because unfortunately, the game engine just isn't cut for loading large and multiple video files at a time. By doing so, you will experience heavy lag and stutter no matter how powerful your rig is.

So, the only choice that's left is to instead play on an update by update basis, or perhaps simply load a few scenes to view in the gallery system.

Cya next week, I hope!

Nelix171

Apr 10, 2020
I run Unity Games without a hitch on a graphics card with only 2Gb what does that mean then?
I've tried 3 of the games here that are unity. None of them work as advertised. slow graphics rendering, always locking up system so i need to reboot. and sometimes AV claims there is virus like activity running when playing (attempting to play game).

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I've tried 3 of the games here that are unity.
Let me guess one of them was Milf's resort and the other game The Twist? Both games are horrible coded and optimized. However, nothing to do with Unity per se.
AV claims there is virus like activity running
Bad AV software. Most free anti-virus programs are shit and harm your computer more than they protect.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ The Twist was utter garbage for awhile (hopefully not anymore) since the dev didn't put an FPS limiter, so your graphics card would go batshit crazy trying to reach 250+ FPS all the time, overheat and make the game either a jet engine sound simulator or a complete lag fest.

Trash devs is 1 part, Unity being meh at best is another 1. Unreal engine or gtfo

Nightmare6016

Oct 11, 2017
I sort of doubt Unity would be next as updates would be even slower. While I like the Twist it suffers from bad optimization and too much RNG events stacked on top of eachother making playing the game a crawl sometimes.

Granted I actually have a decent PC and have never once had performance issues with it.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Aside his comics years ago, everything else NLT makes is/was/will be in RPGmaker for better or worse. Moaning about it like the dude quoted way up there won't change anything

Animal-Gx

Sep 14, 2017
I'm sorry if this was addressed earlier, but has anyone had this type of issue since adding the update patch?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Compressed to normal will either not start or throw some other random error-ish. Missing image is only when you fail at updating normal to normal by missing an update or not applying them in order

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Because now everything has to be in a 3D environment.
I think you have the wrong idea about Unity. Unity doesn't mean 3D environment. You can use the same pre-rendered images and animations as before, but also go into full 3D.

Sooner or later NLT will run into a bottleneck with RPG Maker, because RPG Maker's functions are limited. With Unity it won't happen, because you literally can code everything you want.

• Angry
Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk
4.50 star(s) 509 Votes