Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Wow. This will definitely change the mood of the thread. But I suppose it was inevitable.
Needs to happen in a few other threads too to be honest. I can easily run off three or four threads off the top of my head. I was wondering where they went. Usually this thread is super-hyper. Lately it's been certainly less than.

Nilent

May 25, 2021
Hey, first time poster here. I've played through the game prior to this new patch. Game worked fine until I tried to copy the contents of the patch folder and paste & replace into the existing ToN folder. Now when I attempted to load my save file it gives me the error: Loading Error Failed to load: img/characters/$SM-SnakeIdol.png
I must have done something wrong but I've looked through the original folder, the patch folder (before and after extraction), and redownloaded the patch to fix it. Would anyone have that file that I can just paste into that folder or is there something else I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance (Sorry if this has been asked already, I tried searching for a fix in the posts before but didn't see anything.)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hey, first time poster here. I've played through the game prior to this new patch. Game worked fine until I tried to copy the contents of the patch folder and paste & replace into the existing ToN folder. Now when I attempted to load my save file it gives me the error: Loading Error Failed to load: img/characters/$SM-SnakeIdol.png
I must have done something wrong but I've looked through the original folder, the patch folder (before and after extraction), and redownloaded the patch to fix it. Would anyone have that file that I can just paste into that folder or is there something else I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance (Sorry if this has been asked already, I tried searching for a fix in the posts before but didn't see anything.)
Wait until tomorrow and download the complete game. Don't worry about your saves, they won't be deleted.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
You probably miss previouse update. Best way to fix it is download last full bulit v91074. Or like cold_arctus said, wait until tomorrow and download v92081

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
Yes, all of them had already accumulated several warnings and temp bans over the past few months in this thread.
Kind of a pity really because they were very helpful to visitors and not sparing with their advice. Maybe allow them to post again after they cool their heels a bit? I'm sure they meant no harm even though none of them seem to know a damn about analytic geometry and conic sections or they wouldn't have argued about circles and ellipses so heatedly in the first place! :LOL: I suggest that clemency be shown to all guilty parties currently in exile and suggest that the offending urchins be given one last chance to mend their ways, not least for the sake of newbies in want of direction or help in respect to particular games. The defence rests its case.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Kind of a pity really because they were very helpful to visitors and not sparing with their advice. Maybe allow them to post again after they cool their heels a bit? I'm sure they meant no harm even though none of them seem to know a damn about analytic geometry and conic sections or they wouldn't have argued about circles and ellipses so heatedly in the first place! :LOL: I suggest that clemency be shown to all guilty parties currently in exile and suggest that the offending urchins be given one last chance to mend their ways, not least for the sake of newbies in want of direction or help in respect to particular games. The defence rests its case.
You might have said,
" they wouldn't have argued in circles about circles and ellipses so heatedly..."

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Alright, something is seriously wrong here, I haven't played this for a few months, installed a new NvME drive, downloaded a fresh copy, and STILL, I cannot continue, like there is no new update from where I left off??

Rumplepuss

Aug 28, 2020
You might have said,
" they wouldn't have argued in circles about circles and ellipses so heatedly..."
I was minded to intervene but so amused by the tussle (like watching Lilliputian Big-Endians and the Little-Endians arguing about which end of an egg had to be broken first) that I ended up chuckling rather than setting things straight with a couple of Cartesian equations, word or two about foci, and maybe a quick mention relating to affine transformations. That said I do think that the "guilty" parties should be allowed to post here again, on this dying thread, because besides copious silliness they spent a heck of a lot of time online doling out free advice to the lost, forlorn and confused which I'm sure many appreciated and were grateful for. (y) Give them a final chance, I say, to redeem themselves for they will be missed! :(

Last edited:

damaged1969

Jul 24, 2019
Could anyone facilitate me the latest game save? I came on vacation brought my laptop but my game saves where in my desktop... Thank you in advance.

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
Give them a final chance, I say, to redeem themselves for they will be missed! :(
On the other hand, story-wise there's only one update left, and that's coming tomorrow. After that it's time for a new game in the series and a new thread. If the mods want to avoid discussions about the rules not applying equal to all users, then that is the simple way out. Hopefully everybody will show up in the new thread with a lesson or two learned.

Nelix171

Apr 10, 2020
On the other hand, story-wise there's only one update left, and that's coming tomorrow. After that it's time for a new game in the series and a new thread. If the mods want to avoid discussions about the rules not applying equal to all users, then that is the simple way out. Hopefully everybody will show up in the new thread with a lesson or two learned.
Don't believe it. There will always be somebody who cannot listen to good advice or someone who wants to argue just for the sake of it.
But as for those few who are blocked. I look forward to some deep discussions on the new game when it comes out.

4.50 star(s) 510 Votes