VN Ren'Py Abandoned Trends of Love [Day 2] [SirSnake]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Dang, just reached this game on my playlist, got caught up with the Dev, come here, and see it was Abandoned. That's a shame, really liked it. :cry:

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Damn, even his patreon is gone, which means this game is done done.

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
With his Patreon account deleted is almost 100% guaranteed he wont come back anymore...even if he decides to come back will be under another alias and with another game.
Im gonna just send the game's folder to the trash bin, ignore the thread and move on to another games, theres nothing to do anymore.

Jun 11, 2020
Lots of promising projects sometimes get cancel in their early stages. Usually a dev just doesn't get enough patrons (in other words: Money) to keep working on it. I suspect it to be the case here.
I worked on this game, had extensive convos with the dev, and the dude expected to be rich overnight from it. That's not how it works and is not realistic, I'm sorry. I think the game could have gotten somewhere, but it would've taken time. Most games don't hit the stratosphere instantly. Hope Dev is taking care of his family and chilling out in this crazy world.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The work is work, no running away from that .. but the sales pitch is what gets people.
You could be the Nobel Prize winner and still get bankruped and live on the streets unless you
get into relationships with interested parties and further your dyscoveries.
Remember good will hunting, that is a wonderful example.
You are talented, but only one is elon, only one is mark, only one is bill.
You could have any one of these billionaires name and skill but,
unless you reach a lotta folks, not by your product, but by yourself, you are nothing like them.
Dang, just reached this game on my playlist, got caught up with the Dev, come here, and see it was Abandoned. That's a shame, really liked it. :cry:
I think this is the reason why many games get abandoned early, there are some morons out there thinking they going to get tons of patreons overnight.
So .. what did y”all like about the game? That is had sex already? The animations?
The babes?

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So .. what did y”all like about the game? That is had sex already? The animations?
The babes?

With me, top thing was storyline, very intriguing as to where this story might have gone. If you ever look back in my comments I do on other games, you'll notice that most of the time, when I talk about what stood out for me on the update, it is stuff involving story.

Reactions: andyarmageddon

Skyangel007

Jan 14, 2018
The work is work, no running away from that .. but the sales pitch is what gets people.
You could be the Nobel Prize winner and still get bankruped and live on the streets unless you
get into relationships with interested parties and further your dyscoveries.
Remember good will hunting, that is a wonderful example.
You are talented, but only one is elon, only one is mark, only one is bill.
You could have any one of these billionaires name and skill but,
unless you reach a lotta folks, not by your product, but by yourself, you are nothing like them.

The babes?
Yea but renders, story, characters, music, genre (incest is still really popular on this forum) and how the game is presented (talking about UI) all count (referring to your sales pitch). I think if a game checks all the right boxes it will become instantly popular just look at games like Milfy City or Being A DIK for example. Those game were a hit right away when they got released. First impressions are important for sure its why I think the banner is also really important (at least for me as I find most of my games through the latest updates and choose based on the banner shown).

I think if the initial characters don't appeal to the audience or the premise of the story your not gonna go far. But there are definitely games that get more popular as they get released not 100% sure but I think Man of the House is also such a case it was popular but not insanely when it got first released. But the developer worked on it for I think 3-4 years or something and it eventually got really popular. But there are also games like one of my favo Pale Carnations that have great story, good renders and characters and have been in development for some time but are still not popular because of the genre (its has some pretty hardcore fetishes). Its all about finding that sweet spot if you want really successful game.

With me, top thing was storyline, very intriguing as to where this story might have gone. If you ever look back in my comments I do on other games, you'll notice that most of the time, when I talk about what stood out for me on the update, it is stuff involving story.
I think this is what makes or brakes a good game. A good story is entertaining and draws the player in and keeps them interested in playing. Renders are what draws a potential player/patron/user in but your favo character and the story is what keeps them hooked.

Last edited:
Reactions: andyarmageddon
Jun 11, 2020
I think this is what makes or brakes a good game. A good story is entertaining and draws the player in and keeps them interested in playing. Renders are what draws a potential player/patron/user in but your favo character and the story is what keeps them hooked.
Story every time. I'm not super interested in fapping to *most* adult games. I get drawn into the story, enjoy that aspect of the game, and that's what keeps me coming back.

It would have been interesting to see where the story for Trends of Love would have gone eventually, but alas, that doesn't seem to be happening.

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
I once looked through the abandoned games, for shits n giggles (blame lockdown ) and there are some very talented guys out there who start a project and then just give up - main issue being they have the skills in Daz/PS but no story originality or just write it in Engrish (or both) and they're hoping for a quick payday. I've lost count of the number of incest, harem, dead /missing father, mother/sister loving v 0.00001 demos I had on my HDD

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes