shyvor

Jun 6, 2017
Thank you very much.

I got a question tho.. what's the difference between SWF and AIR versions? i have been using the AIR one but.. i see no difference so i am kinda confused.
Dunno really, fen just uploads em. and i post em. i never really delved into the difference

Thanatos

May 21, 2017
Am I the only one who gets a "403 Forbidden" message with all the zippy links? Already had the same problem with the links for the last update.

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
I got a question tho.. what's the difference between SWF and AIR versions? i have been using the AIR one but.. i see no difference so i am kinda confused.
I think, correct me if i'm wrong, that the differences are :
-how you open it (swf need a flashplayer and air doesn't)
-the saves locations

shyvor

Jun 6, 2017
Am I the only one who gets a "403 Forbidden" message with all the zippy links? Already had the same problem with the links for the last update.
might be blocked in your country or another cause,
What about workupload? do those work?

hentaifelf

Mar 26, 2018
-the saves locations
correct, while swf has a save a location, its not really considered proper, while air would be something like 2 in 1 shampoo

Feb 13, 2019
-the saves locations
Well yes, but actually no.
AIR is itself essentially a flash player that can only run flashes made using ActionScript 3. That means most made after around 2008.

AIR apps are usually packaged so that the SWF is considerably "baked in" to the runtime, but if you look in the AIR app's install location you'll see there's still a special SWF in there that won't run properly in a normal flash player. That's because of the file handling differences, which are accounted for when the game is compiled.

It is meant to run SWF's as if they were stand-alone applications, so it has more freedom to access system files than a normal flash player SWF does. It has special extra 'methods' (think subroutines or something) that let it handle files more flexibly, but the regular flash player knows nothing about those routines and will panic when it can't find them.

In the end they both should work (if you use a Windows/Mac OS system, at least). I use SWF's myself in the stand-alone Flash projector adobe publishes, but I did make my own AIR builds for mobile devices. if fen & co. ever decide to drop source code again (still waiting on the sources for the public build from 8 days ago), I'll be making more.

Reactions: Nodenet

Thanatos

May 21, 2017
Zippy is banned in some countries, just use a proxy site and all will be fine.
Well, apparently they added my country quite recently (or rather my country added them), because so far I never had any problems with zippy. It even was one of my favorite hosters.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Any chance of the BOOBs mod being updated? Or is that a dead horse now?
No idea, maybe it'll get an update when fen & co start pushing the source to the public git again till then *shrug* there's not much the modder can do about it -

Reactions: daedal

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
Anyone know how to get the kiro quest started?
depends on which quest you want.
if it's the one where you meet her and you become friends (or more), you have to meet her while traveling between planets.
if it's the one where she becomes a ship member, it's not in the game yet (as far as i know anyway).

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes