3.90 star(s) 24 Votes

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
COMPRESSED SIZE for V0-13 was 1.2gb & now V0.14 is 2.05gb. while Update only for v0.14 uncompressed ls 500+mb?

Does not add up?:rolleyes::unsure:
0.13.0 was 1.79 GB 1716804771688.png
while 0.14.0 is 2.05 GB
1716804860754.png
Why? Depends on the original image size. All the images in update 0.13.0 were only 669 MB (205 files), in 0.14.0 they were 2 GB (646) files, this is the RAW png's, so yeah there is that. There are three times the images then previous update.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
To be fair that was intentional at the moment. That wasn't all the tribe watching the fight. There were still people in the huts etc. And then there was the... technical limitation that I almost ran out of RAM doing the scene before I even thought of kids. That and yeah, didn't really want them to be around that fight scene either, I mean there is a failure condition to the fight.
Fair enough but i haven't spotted any kids in this update or the previous one, not just for the fight, they are around right? Like, it's not that you don't have working models for them or can't do it for some reason, you just forgot/didn't think of it?

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Fair enough but i haven't spotted any kids in this update or the previous one, not just for the fight, they are around right? Like, it's not that you don't have working models for them or can't do it for some reason, you just forgot/didn't think of it?
They are around, a lot of kids would be working alongside their parents (on the fields if they would be farmers, gathering berries/mushrooms, maybe fishing, making butter, bread, milking the cows/sheep etc) regardless of the gender, and most noble and "upper class" kids probably would be studying something, so they probably wouldn't be seen that much outside of evening times as is. Half of the time I forget, or it just doesn't make sense of them to be there.

That and it is one of the "unwritten rules" when it comes to any kind of media. You avoid having them on screen unless you need to, or it's a story/movie/document about a family, historical event that involved kids, or teen/kids' movie, then they are there.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
it is/was a real thing - google "half-swording"
Yeah, I know. And even outside of that you do grab the blades with your hand just to control yours and your opponent's blade even without half-swording techniques. Beyond that, I do look up things before I do things that and I do have interest and experience in HEMA stuff (Historical European martial arts), not much, but some. Health issues can be annoying with these things. Some of the stuff is relatively familiar to me. And the pose set I mostly used as a base was made using one of the instruction manuals for genuine sword fighting. Granted, I had to mix techniques there, but eh, fights don't happen like they do in manuals.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
OK, so I got an error right after loading the previous save(loaded fine, click to move to next frame, error/crash, ignore, reload same spot, click goes to question if you are on Gweyr path or not.)
I got that error (NameError: name 'u7_Lets_Fix_This_Thing_With_Gweyr' is not defined) when I loaded the previous episode's save and rolled back a few screens first, then tried to click forwards past the save point. The error popped up and choosing ignore jumped to the training scene. After exiting and loading the save and then clicking to proceed without rolling back it worked without a problem, showing the dev question about setting the variable. So perhaps there needs to be a temporary rollback prevention added any time a new variable is being set like that.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Strange, continued from the new update and my characters name has reverted, kinda annoying
Yeah I've heard of this happening randomly, no idea what causes it outside of ren'py deciding to load the default value for the variable. I've tried replicate but any custom name I've used has stubornly stayed the same. But luckily as it was pointed out by e6mill : Load a save, go to the preferences - Extras tab in it's there. Without the mod as well as it's base game functionality.

Sep 13, 2020
Yeah I've heard of this happening randomly, no idea what causes it outside of ren'py deciding to load the default value for the variable. I've tried replicate but any custom name I've used has stubornly stayed the same. But luckily as it was pointed out by e6mill : Load a save, go to the preferences - Extras tab in it's there. Without the mod as well as it's base game functionality.
Last time I heard this was happening man it was when we delete the persistent file that keeps our saves intact but then again who knows now

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I'm enjoying the story in this one but trying to pick between this and Sorc is a tough one.

The writing is imrpoving with every game but Sorc had a few muscle girls and they are my weakness.

The one thing that is starting to push this over Sorc is the hot Orc Shaman. That's not purely from a muscle girl perspective either. The last time I saw a decent female Orc in a game was Reluctant Archon. Every other time i've seen one they are basically humans with green skin, sometimes with tiny tusks. Finally getting another good Orc model gives me the happy.

Also who doesn't love a tiny sarcastic Pyromaniac?
You have played 0.14 I presume Ava? Or if not, I wanna hear what you think of it ;)

Reactions: keefer43
3.90 star(s) 24 Votes