4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Talothral Few (non-game breaking) bugs I noticed (and a suggestion):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is one thing about ren'py is that I hate when it does backups and restores them without telling. The Maevra thing is fixed, again. There should have been a line in update10.rpy that fixes it before it was needed. But it isn't in... at least in versions that came out in a month as there is update10.rpy.bak that is dated about a month ago that has the line. Not that it matters anymore as is and can always manually assign it again if I need to use the information about it.

As for the empress and the hidden image, sorted.

As for the scene speed. Yeah, it's weird ren'py behaviour when it comes to showing decimals with slide bar. As for the length of it, that's a bit complicated matter. I know a few who use 5+ seconds to see what might happen in the background and don't want to click a million times. Frankly, it's a bit matter of taste as you an always click through the images since it's mostly there to "save" from clicking on the longer action sequences. And one second is generally enough to see if there is something going on in the background. Not sure will I change the behaviour for ToaM as is. But I'll make a note about it.

speaking of secrets, update 14 had no secret images?
There was, it's fairly early at the start of the update Shorly after the duel, when talking to the orcs there is a banner towards the top left corner.

LewdLife

Jan 31, 2021
I'm a little bored of orcs but I keep playing I know the story will get better
You'll anger the gods which is not good for your fertility.
Angered gods might decrease your fertility and everyone else will start making fun of you calling you blank shooter.
Embrace, love and impregnate everyone who wants kids, and be the proud patriarch of intelligent living (multi-species) society.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: SpatulaPie

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There is a very good reason why MC absoluteely hates orcs with a passion - they burned his village to the ground and killed his friends in front of him in cold blood. Anyone would have the same passionate rage against them.

MC happened to have a childhood crush for a young gladeling - she got killed in front of MCs eyes by orcs

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Progress 31.05.2024

Hello all!

Friday and progress post. Yay. Render count wise I'm not entirely happy about how it is, but I'm in relation to the script I'm where I'm supposed to be. So it's one of those things, a lot of set building to do it eats time, especially when things don't go as you planned. That and unstable weather. Bleh. Anyway.

As for writing? It's in okay shape, been prototyping something I need for 0.19.0 so that has eaten a bit of time, and still will eat some time but it's okay it will be done on time as always.

1600095.png

So what is this? New clothes? Yes, well... things might have not gone as planned so new plans! Although as much as I like the new clothes on Tomas, they aren't here to stay as is. I have... issues that I need to solve before I even think of using them for other than a few renders. Anyhow, that's about it for today. Have a great weekend you all!

May 7, 2024
When's the MC gonna fuck Shani? Cast a temporary spell to make him smaller or make her bigger and go at it like rabbits. I'd fill her up until it was shooting out her ears and put a baby in her (too bad there's no pregnancy tag).

Reactions: Logan3000x

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
There was, it's fairly early at the start of the update Shorly after the duel, when talking to the orcs there is a banner towards the top left corner.
god damnit. *shakes fist*

When's the MC gonna fuck Shani? Cast a temporary spell to make him smaller or make her bigger and go at it like rabbits. I'd fill her up until it was shooting out her ears and put a baby in her (too bad there's no pregnancy tag).
based on other fantasy game with fairy later part of game.

malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
OK an adult game where the sex animation is so bad that I just skip them. The story is good and interesting with a bit of nudity in it but seriously the sex is just bad. Looks like them really bad 2d animated drawings only waist moves.

1. Game Play: 3/5 (more kinetic novel than anything else)
2. Art: 3/5 (exhibition scenes or half naked woman are good)
3. Animation: 1/5 (might as well be static the animated scenes are bad)
4. Sound: 2/5 (has music and that is all no sound effects)

So playing it for the story only.

Reactions: Coaxmetal

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
OK an adult game where the sex animation is so bad that I just skip them. The story is good and interesting with a bit of nudity in it but seriously the sex is just bad. Looks like them really bad 2d animated drawings only waist moves.

1. Game Play: 3/5 (more kinetic novel than anything else)
2. Art: 3/5 (exhibition scenes or half naked woman are good)
3. Animation: 1/5 (might as well be static the animated scenes are bad)
4. Sound: 2/5 (has music and that is all no sound effects)

So playing it for the story only.
As cxx said, that's how Tal's been doing it from the start, this is his 4th game. If it's a dealbreaker for you I'd jump ship now, it will most likely never change (not that it need to).

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1717423916996.png
Ha! Some hystorians, males and females who watched The Vikings and commented on the purely fictional clothes - there were never leather anything, least of all fighting attire, until the modern era introduced leather clothes as fancy going out makeover garments.
Not even the hair was anything like that, they never braided the hair, especially as a small tribesmaiden - she looks absolutely fabulous, like hours and hours of standing in the saloon having three or four hairdressers working on her hair.

So .. never leather anything when they went hunting or fighting, which Tomas is constantly doing.

1717424550062.png

Tomas looks totally leather clad with some shiny recicled aluminium bottles cutouts applied on top - totally detached sleeves seem totally out of fashiopn in this shot and Ayaka has too many clothes of seemingly warm keeping intentions in a totally rain forrest looking environment - the green leaves look like they only live in humid hot conditions, so what is Ayaka or even Tomas doing with the heavy multiple layers of linen and leather making them sweat bullets - remember that orc shamans and even wildlings shamans walk around naked - totally naked to appeal and appeas their goddesses.
Talothral
Is Tomas looking to anger the goddesses who would want a baby from him some time soon?

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Yes, historically most clothing would have been wool, cotton, linen or anything that would be easily attained, outside of boots, that is. Those were leather for sake of durability. Besides, pale skin was preferred by the nobility so most would wear a lot of clothes. Being tanned would mean they would be peasants. Also medieval clothing was layered even during summer times, the undergarments were there to absorb sweat, thus the outer garments required less washing. Besides, they are mages, they can use spells to stay cool >.>

And that being said, Tomas wears mostly cloth normally, and unless one can make the clothes, you use what assets there are, especially for males, you use what you can. The usual attire that Tomas wears was made for Genesis 3. His tunic is stylised gambeson (padded cloth armor essentially), it originally had a leather west on top of it, but I left it out.

Beyond that, the goddess doesn't care what people wear, just that the willing are knocked up >.> But again, it's more or less using what is available and combining them to a point, there isn't that much tribal style clothing either. So got to do what you can.

Last edited:

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Progress 03.06.2024

Hello all!

So what's up? Rendering is in a good state, about two scenes left to do so I'm happy with it as is considering interruptions during the weekend.

As for writing? It's also in okay shape, and once I've rendered everything I take the usual couple of days to write and it's sorted.

1600157.png

And then the group is back together... doing stuff. There are couple of time skips again, but shouldn't be anything too distracting. Although amusingly, I think this is the longest game (setting time wise) that I've done. In universe it has been couple of months since the start. Not entirely sure of that at the moment. But at the same time, the time doesn't exactly matter as is. There are events that are tied to time, and some just might start to appear around update 20? Not entirely sure of that timing but that's why I do have the timeline and notes... just should use them more often instead of going by memory.

DMR03062024.png

And hooray for motivational renders! No? Okay then. I had an idea and wanted to see can I do it. Yeah, I could, need few tweaks, like something to the background to obstruct the view more. But overall it came out right. Except... for one thing now that I think about it. Well there is always the next time...

malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
As cxx said, that's how Tal's been doing it from the start, this is his 4th game. If it's a dealbreaker for you I'd jump ship now, it will most likely never change (not that it need to).
No just pretending it's not an adult game.. bypass the sex contents or hold the skip button down.. the story is good and interesting but the sex is awful. So playing it for the story.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Progress 07.06.2024

Hello all!

Update 0.16.0 was handed to testing and proofreading. And thus I'll write the weekend and start rendering 0.17.0 on Monday, technically...

ledge.png

This is a test for the update 0.17.0. This is the stuff I do between writing sprees, or should I say inspiration. A lot of renders from 0.17.0 to 0.18.0 will be more night time renders. Why? Well snow and day light don't mix that well. At least unless I want to blind everyone. The environment isn't perfect, but you shouldn't see this much of it as is the cameras in the "production" renders will be closer. But even if it wouldn't be the case, post work fixes things.

DMR07062024-2.png

And then let's go to somewhere warmer... There have been images in this "series" before. During these renders, I spin potential stories and their elements in my mind. At times certain directions become more clear. And amusingly enough, the parts that might come clear might not have anything to do with the render. In this case, it has something to do with it. I'm not sure it will feature this environment as is, but signs do point there. It would make the most sense. But that is something I concern myself with once I've written the next three or four updates.

Anyway, have a great weekend you all!

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes