4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Maybe alter the animation speed control to be finer-grained? Being able to reduce the time gap to half-second or quarter-second might well be a small change that ameliorates the current "clunkiness".
its 0.25 to 0.20 seconds at the moment, depending on what is happening... for the sex scenes, that is. Quicker than 0.15, things tend to get messy.

For the other sequences the slowest is one second by default because it allows observing what might happen in the background at times. That and the ren'py slider tends to bug out.

In my humble (well, you know.....) opinion, just keep doing what you've done for 4 amazing VN's thus far for as many as you muster before you had enough ;)
It's also partially because I want to improve certain aspects that I know I'm not good at. You can see in the supporters chat one of the attempts, it isn't perfect by any means (forgot the partners movement) but it is better than the loops currently as it has more natural movement. And again, it doesn't increase the development time as is. I still need to make the renders anyway :p

But beyond that, I keep writing, the part I'm actually good at ;)

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Although I find the lewd scenes above average at least of the majority of games here in F95zone. In your VNs I found myself almost always pressing ctrl in order to read where the story goes. Sure everyone likes certain things and I like the story part so never wanted to understand the complains about the animations. In the end for me it is a Novel not a Video so reading is my thing which I like :) There are so many games with so bad stories and in the end who cares about a movie when the story goes to recycle bin ? definitely not me :LOL:

Sure I would love to see the whole Terminus Reach: Sentinel maybe trilogy in movies either anime or with actors in which the certain animations won't can be in the movies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But the story will :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Talothral

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

Hello all!

Hmmm... Rendering, it's going nicely. I have two scenes left to render. Although the last one isn't that large. And one set to build, for this update anyway so it's all looking good so far. Overall I'm happy with the renders, some ehh... Trying to make "accurate" lightning can be pain in the backside with the light colours and temperatures. But it works that's all there is to it.

Writing is in a good shape, I should be able to write tonight while rendering since the current patch is a bit longer to render.

2000139.png

A bit chatting with Jhaena over bowl of stew. Nothing too deep yet, just building some trust and things.

2000160.png

And then everyone is back together. The main cast is large, but each of them have a purpose. Although I originally planned to include only one Naga, but including all three of them has actually worked better for the story. As it allows me to explore the world outside of the empire and the northern part. Although, need to increase the exposure a bit in the last one.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
might be something you where going to add later but it would be nice to have some sound when things happen in game. for example the fighting scenes while looking good feel rather boring when its completely silent.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
might be something you where going to add later but it would be nice to have some sound when things happen in game. for example the fighting scenes while looking good feel rather boring when its completely silent.
There is music. Sound effects can be a bit problematic, music is already problematic since you need to look for things that haven't been used a hundred of times and is allowed to be used in adult productions. Same goes with sound effects, I have some, but they are more for modern/futuristic environments and even some of those has that "can't be used in obscene productions"-restriction.

That and they bloat the file size, which is problematic for android.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orlu

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
There is music. Sound effects can be a bit problematic, music is already problematic since you need to look for things that haven't been used a hundred of times and is allowed to be used in adult productions. Same goes with sound effects, I have some, but they are more more for modern/futuristic environments and even some of those has a big fat "can't be used in obscene productions"-restriction.

That and they bloat the file size, which is problematic for android.
thats fair. personally i was just thinking about a woosh for a flame of a bonk for a shield hit. not the really big things but some small ones here and there. though it might be the engine you use but i have seen other vn that use all sorts of background noises and have no issue with (that i know off) with file size. however i am not a game dev so you probably know better on that front. just saying it will make the game a bit more of a vn instead of a comicbook if you get my meaning.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
thats fair. personally i was just thinking about a woosh for a flame of a bonk for a shield hit. not the really big things but some small ones here and there. though it might be the engine you use but i have seen other vn that use all sorts of background noises and have no issue with (that i know off) with file size. however i am not a game dev so you probably know better on that front. just saying it will make the game a bit more of a vn instead of a comicbook if you get my meaning.
I get what you mean, but yeah, android still has 2gb limitation and I've used about 800 Mb of it already so until it is done I can't be sure (there are ways to bypass it but currently the offical and easy way isn't cost effective) can I add anything, and I really hate splitting the code base even more. But that being said, I won't say something happens or not, depends what effects I have and the restrictions on them.

Reactions: rambo455

RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
That and [sound effects] bloat the file size, which is problematic for android.
They need not be top-quality, like several larger types than even CD quality (44.1 to 48KHz at 16-bit). I used to compose music modules (MOD, S3M, XM, IT, etc.) that some have sound effects, but most modules--even with fair number of sounds/samples/instruments--were usually under a megabyte or three... you wouldn't need to use something like 192KHz at 24-bit, as non-musicians don't notice difference between that and CD quality... for sound effects rather than music, I think vinyl record quality (20KHz at 8-bit) should be sufficient (mere kilobytes)... been a musician most my life but don't notice major difference using that quality digitally (of course vinyl has popping sounds from dust, but not digital-only samples).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
its nothing big but a correction is needed here. perhaps it should be you who talks to her is what you where going for i believe ?
tal is 2nd on typos on games that i play.

if you want to see master then play kthulian's game (or just search typo on his game's thread).

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
tal is 2nd on typos on games that i play.

if you want to see master then play kthulian's game (or just search typo on his game's thread).
English as third language for the win! That and the public builds don't have the fixes that have been reported since the updates release as I don't do separate builds unless there is something horrible game breaking issues.

EDIT: That and the mod might not have the fixes, like in the above case...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HornyyPussy

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
English as third language for the win! That and the public builds don't have the fixes that have been reported since the updates release as I don't do separate builds unless there is something horrible game breaking issues.
Replaying TR:S 1 at the moment and yes, there are 1 or 2 typo's ;)

• Haha

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Are those fixes available on Discord or Patreon?
Honestly, no idea at the moment. I know I did a bunch of fixes a couple of years ago, but I can't recall did I upload the script anywhere. Probably safe to assume that no. I know did a special edition for Ava (clicking instead of auto-forward) some time ago, but I can recall was there fixes in that script.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Honestly, no idea at the moment. I know I did a bunch of fixes a couple of years ago, but I can't recall did I upload the script anywhere. Probably safe to assume that no. I know did a special edition for Ava (clicking instead of auto-forward) some time ago, but I can recall was there fixes in that script.
Well, I'm used to the errors by now so no problem ;)

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 26 Votes