4.00 star(s) 32 Votes

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Beach Boys.

My Grandpops was big into that stuff which made it's way down to our big sis which she then made us listen to when she was sitting for us.
I am not sure which did it first. The Beach Boys or the Kingston Trio. I do like the Kingston Trio better though.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Talothral is nisha supposed to be panther or leopard? she had leopard spots before mc et co went thru game in .22.

rookie:

screenshot0021.png

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Talothral is nisha supposed to be panther or leopard? she had leopard spots before mc et co went thru game in .22.
As others had said, panthers are a melanistic variant of either leopard or jaguar. I think the rosette pattern on Nisha was leopards. And she still has the patterns, it just requires certain light angles and strength to be seen.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
As others had said, panthers are a melanistic variant of either leopard or jaguar. I think the rosette pattern on Nisha was leopards. And she still has the patterns, it just requires certain light angles and strength to be seen.
Taxonomically in English it's basically a useless word, without clarification. Refers to both melanistic jaguars and leopards, as well as just normal mountain lions. Also refers to all cats in the genus Panthera... So at any given time it can be used to refer to tigers, lions, leopards, jaguars, and the odd non panther of the bunch the cougar/mountain lion.

Look at all the !

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Taxonomically in English it's basically a useless word, without clarification. Refers to both melanistic jaguars and leopards, as well as just normal mountain lions. Also refers to all cats in the genus Panthera... So at any given time it can be used to refer to tigers, lions, leopards, jaguars, and the odd non panther of the bunch the cougar/mountain lion.

Look at all the !
Aye, but in common usage, if someone says a panther, you most likely think of a black panther, that's how deeply we associate the word with a specific look, which is the melanistic variant of either. Probably more of a leopard than jaguar, as it is more seen in media than the jaguar variant. If you do a google image search of a panther, it mostly gives black panthers with it... including the super hero variant. A handful of Florida Panthers and couple pink panthers >.>

There is also a white panther, but it's rarer than the melanistic version, but albinos tend to be rare with any species.

Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022

Look at all the !
Weird, I thought lions and tigers were separate. Thanks for the link.

Lol. I guess "tigerwolfe" would know.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Lions and Tigers can get awfully close.

So close that some daft twit thought it would be a great idea to breed 2 of the worlds biggest and most dangerous cats and make a BIGGER dangerous cat ..... Ligers.
And doing that breaks the genetic growth inhibitor they have, so they get even bigger than either of their parents. They do sometimes look pretty derpy though.

• Haha
Reactions: FatGiant
4.00 star(s) 32 Votes