CoryF

Game Developer
May 11, 2017
The problem is that plan shouldn't have worked as a plan to protect the MC, merely lead to either things getting worst or suicide. If they had a plan to protect the MC that made remotely sense I could have forgiven them, but as it turns out its not like that at all, instead they have a plan which should have led to a bad ending for the MC. So yea even if they have the best interests of the MC at heart, which is doubtful, they deserve to be shitted on for their bullshit plan for alot longer, the path to Hell is paved with good intentions, so they deserve for the MC to give them Hell over it.
Agree 100%. The plan was the worst ill-conceived bullshit imaginable. They separated him from the two most important people in his life. They got his wife killed in the process (*more on that). In the process, they made his teenaged daughter hate him. I'm surprised Milly didn't immediately eject them from her home telling them to never come back. I also find it fucking hilarious that the one thing they really don't want is to lose the MC, and yet, they concoct a plan that would logically drive him away.

*IF the wife's death is faked (based on some posting the theory) then it will be THE most clichéd fuckery of all clichés. That will simply make it the most predictable, uninspired load of shit.

For the record, I was a Patreon supporter of this project. I dropped it after this last update.

Last edited:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Agree 100%. The plan was the worst ill-conceived bullshit imaginable. They separated him from the two most important people in his life. They got his wife killed in the process (*more on that). In the process, they made his teenaged daughter hate him. I'm surprised Milly didn't immediately eject them from her home telling them to never come back. I also find it fucking hilarious that the one thing they really don't want is to lose the MC, and yet, they concoct a plan that would logically drive him away.

*IF the wife's death is faked (based on some posting the theory) then it will be THE most clichéd fuckery of all clichés. That will simply make it the most predictable, uninspired load of shit.

For the record, I was a Patreon supporter of this project. I dropped it after this last update.
Not only cliche, but the most fucked up thing they could do to Milly! How on earth are they even going to justify something like that? They'd probably blame that on the MC too and he'd most likely immediately accept it, but I honestly want to know how the hell would they explain themselves if they'd suddenly show up. Is Marie going to hug Milly and say "Hey honey, remember how we make you think your father abandoned you because he didn't care about you anymore? We decided that faking our deaths would be another fun trauma to add to that! Here, we bought you some really good anxiolytics and a few bottles of tequila on our way here..."

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Not only cliche, but the most fucked up thing they could do to Milly! How on earth are they even going to justify something like that? They'd probably blame that on the MC too and he'd most likely immediately accept it, but I honestly want to know how the hell would they explain themselves if they'd suddenly show up. Is Marie going to hug Milly and say "Hey honey, remember how we make you think your father abandoned you because he didn't care about you anymore? We decided that faking our deaths would be another fun trauma to add to that! Here, we bought you some really good anxiolytics and a few bottles of tequila on our way here..."

Nah,they'll just show up, and explain how its the MC's fault.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019

Well considering they already went with the cliché incest and harem tropes... namely the separation from parent & child and virtually all women are descent no matter what, well I fully expect Marie to be alive as I stated before, it doesn't make sense for the story to keep her as blameless as possible (within stories, not within many players eyes) unless they intend to bring her back at the end to become part of the harem.

Most of the issues this story has plot wise is due to the fact the two current tropes haven't been made to cohabit properly in the narrative, first the separation, the way they went about it was pretty non-sense, just the time the guy spent in prison would have been good enough, but they wanted to toss in more drama and mystery so they went with what they did, the problem is the every women are descent trope doesn't really mesh well with that, after all how can a parent be descent and forcefully separate their child from the other parent unless the other parent is evil, which isn't the case, so logically Marie should be a bitch, but by the harem trope she can't be bad, so they had to construct some insane justification for what happened which challenge the disbelief of players pretty harshly and put the blame on the MC for it while not making him to be bad either.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Well considering they already went with the cliché incest and harem tropes... namely the separation from parent & child and virtually all women are descent no matter what, well I fully expect Marie to be alive as I stated before, it doesn't make sense for the story to keep her as blameless as possible (within stories, not within many players eyes) unless they intend to bring her back at the end to become part of the harem.

Most of the issues this story has plot wise is due to the fact the two current tropes haven't been made to cohabit properly in the narrative, first the separation, the way they went about it was pretty non-sense, just the time the guy spent in prison would have been good enough, but they wanted to toss in more drama and mystery so they went with what they did, the problem is the every women are descent trope doesn't really mesh well with that, after all how can a parent be descent and forcefully separate their child from the other parent unless the other parent is evil, which isn't the case, so logically Marie should be a bitch, but by the harem trope she can't be bad, so they had to construct some insane justification for what happened which challenge the disbelief of players pretty harshly and put the blame on the MC for it while not making him to be bad either.
not gonna lie, I would prefer if the Mc wasn't in prison but was neglecting his family to do the "exposition" thing, that way if they tried to communicate with him and he still continued then it would make sense for her to leave with Milly and for the family to keep contact, it could be a redemption history for the MC and that maybe would be better for me, but what is done is done, now all that is left is seeing where this goes.

Reactions: Pmktrn17

CoryF

Game Developer
May 11, 2017

I'm not a fan of the forced harem. I'd rather pick and choose. I'd also be in a much more forgiving mood if all of them had the same reaction Deb did. At least she felt the weight of her transgression and accepted that she may never have a relationship with the MC ever again. I IMAGINE she called Mam just to tell her "the plan" failed and the MC reacted like she expected he would. The initial reaction he had grabbing her and telling her to be gone in 10 mins was perfect. It was exactly what I imagined I would have done in that situation. Then it all falls down when Mam arrives and tries to give the MC shit for how he treated his sister. If anything, the mother should have been eating so much crow she should have been shitting feathers.

Deb was properly knocked off the pedestal and humbled. The mother needs to be equally laid low if not more since she came up with the fucking plan. Deb, at least, hated the plan to begin with but still took her lumps which, she felt she deserved, and rightfully so.. Then and ONLY then could I accept they are in a proper fucking position to receive the slightest amount of forgiveness. But they shouldn't expect it.

And where the fuck does Kumiko get off telling the MC he should forgive them? She needs to mind her own fucking business. She had her own shit to deal with and can't possibly understand the shit the MC is dealing with. I wanted the choice to tell her that.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I'm not a fan of the forced harem. I'd rather pick and choose. I'd also be in a much more forgiving mood if all of them had the same reaction Deb did. At least she felt the weight of her transgression and accepted that she may never have a relationship with the MC ever again. I IMAGINE she called Mam just to tell her "the plan" failed and the MC reacted like she expected he would. The initial reaction he had grabbing her and telling her to be gone in 10 mins was perfect. It was exactly what I imagined I would have done in that situation. Then it all falls down when Mam arrives and tries to give the MC shit for how he treated his sister. If anything, the mother should have been eating so much crow she should have been shitting feathers.

Deb was properly knocked off the pedestal and humbled. The mother needs to be equally laid low if not more since she came up with the fucking plan. Deb, at least, hated the plan to begin with but still took her lumps which, she felt she deserved, and rightfully so.. Then and ONLY then could I accept they are in a proper fucking position to receive the slightest amount of forgiveness. But they shouldn't expect it.

And where the fuck does Kumiko get off telling the MC he should forgive them? She needs to mind her own fucking business. She had her own shit to deal with and can't possibly understand the shit the MC is dealing with. I wanted the choice to tell her that.
For the mom while I do dislike her as well I understand why the MC might have reacted as he did, you have to remember its his mom, its difficult for a child to come down hard on their parents, a sibling, well I can tell ya its far easier, but a parent? Yea, no so easy.

I assume when it comes to Kumiko it might be a cultural thing, don't forget she is Japanese, and Asian people tend to have a way of thinking which can be very different from Westerners, so it might be understandable why she would support him forgiving his family. Westerners are very individualistic while Asians tend to be far more collectivist, so to her its likely that she doesn't see the issue of his family having done something for his 'good' that he wouldn't approve, its a very typical mindset in Asian Civilizations.

not gonna lie, I would prefer if the Mc wasn't in prison but was neglecting his family to do the "exposition" thing, that way if they tried to communicate with him and he still continued then it would make sense for her to leave with Milly and for the family to keep contact, it could be a redemption history for the MC and that maybe would be better for me, but what is done is done, now all that is left is seeing where this goes.
You mean somewhat like Parental Love? Well if you can call that being wrong really, he was still a loving father but had issues. I guess it would have made more sense yea. Although I think some people like for the harems to be a sort of karmic reward for the deserving, something which is hard if the guy used to be somewhat of an ass, which obviously isn't the case here, all he did was righteous, but his family was unwilling to let him go thru it out of selfishness, they didn't want to lose him. So the story try to blame him over minor things in the guise that its a big deal to try to make him both righteous and wrong at the same time.

Last edited:

CoryF

Game Developer
May 11, 2017
For the mom while I do dislike her as well I understand why the MC might have reacted as he did, you have to remember its his mom, its difficult for a child to come down hard on their parents, a sibling, well I can tell ya its far easier, but a parent? Yea, no so easy.

I assume when it comes to Kumiko it might be a cultural thing, don't forget she is Japanese, and Asian people tend to have a way of thinking which can be very different from Westerners, so it might be understandable why she would support him forgiving his family. Westerners are very individualistic while Asians tend to be far more collectivist, so to her its likely that she doesn't see the issue of his family having done something for his 'good' that he wouldn't approve, its a very typical mindset in Asian Civilizations.
I don't buy the mother situation. I would definitely come down HARD on my own mother. I have gone in head to head arguments with her, particularly when it comes to my own wife and children. My mother knows I won't back down on shit like that. So, for me, the MC just has no balls. I bloody well cut my apron strings when I got married.

As for Kumiko, I think she could have been more humble and made it a suggestion rather than tell him what to do. At least, it felt like she was telling and butting in. He still could have told her to fuck off.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
You mean somewhat like Parental Love? Well if you can call that being wrong really, he was still a loving father but had issues. I guess it would have made more sense yea. Although I think some people like for the harems to be a sort of karmic reward for the deserving, something which is hard if the guy used to be somewhat of an ass, which obviously isn't the case here, all he did was righteous, but his family was unwilling to let him go thru it out of selfishness, they didn't want to lose him. So the story try to blame him over minor things in the guise that its a big deal to try to make him both righteous and wrong at the same time.
maybe, it has been a while since I played parental love, I care about the story, it would make for a better story, his flaw would have been the same he had now, being blinded by revenge/justice(more revenge though) to such a degree that he started disregarding his family's wishes and allowing to consume him, this is something that happened anyway so the solution I gave would only make sure that the reason why the wife left wasn't as dumb, in reality, if he thought he had lost his family he would only have gone harder down the path he was in, he would have nothing to lose, as it is now there are too many people doing dumb shit.

-FibaG-

Nov 9, 2018
anyone can tell me what ntr is in this game? I playing only Dominant / Suggested Path but I didn't not find any ntr maybe is in other paths?
Possible is in Submissive/Suboptimal path?

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
anyone can tell me what ntr is in this game? I playing only Dominant / Suggested Path but I didn't not find any ntr maybe is in other paths?
Possible is in Submissive/Suboptimal path?
The NTR in this game is when Deb and Julia have sex together, also their are no paths, its all the same, its virtually a kinetic novel, choices seem to be more for show than anything else story wise. So yea, not everyone agree with the notion that Deb & Julia having sex together is NTR, but still that is why that tag is there.

• Angry
Reactions: Inkheepurr

-FibaG-

Nov 9, 2018
The NTR in this game is when Deb and Julia have sex together, also their are no paths, its all the same, its virtually a kinetic novel, choices seem to be more for show than anything else story wise. So yea, not everyone agree with the notion that Deb & Julia having sex together is NTR, but still that is why that tag is there.
It's barely call that a "ntr" I was expecting more dark side on Submissive when deb have more control even if is kinetic story the choose it's a bit different than other one example on Dominant mc have more control on deb interraction.

Last edited:

amiable34

Jan 1, 2019
don,t forget to check the new cam??? i check new cam and his sister and juli lying on bed with sister going on about pet hamster squashed and mc saying i just as well watch and wank and keeps going back to dont forget to check the new cam.cant go any further in game.is this a bug??

amiable34

Jan 1, 2019
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapter2.rpy", line 4284, in script call
n "Don't forget to check the new cam!"
File "game/phone/jules_camstory.rpy", line 105, in script
if Location == 0:
File "game/phone/jules_camstory.rpy", line 105, in <module>
if Location == 0:
NameError: name 'Location' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/chapter2.rpy", line 4284, in script call
n "Don't forget to check the new cam!"
File "game/phone/jules_camstory.rpy", line 105, in script
if Location == 0:
File "E:\TripleEx-0.08a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "E:\TripleEx-0.08a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "E:\TripleEx-0.08a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/phone/jules_camstory.rpy", line 105, in <module>
if Location == 0:
NameError: name 'Location' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Triple Ex 0.08a
Sat Mar 20 00:33:03 2021
```
this is the error code.

TS2016

May 7, 2017
don,t forget to check the new cam??? i check new cam and his sister and juli lying on bed with sister going on about pet hamster squashed and mc saying i just as well watch and wank and keeps going back to dont forget to check the new cam.cant go any further in game.is this a bug??
I got same problem.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Theres a bug with both Phone Cam scenes it seems.
I had an issue with the Deb Juilia one where if you turned off the cam before it finished somehow accidently and tried to watch it again you got just deb abd Julia sat naked on the bed and it was stuck at telling you to watch had to reload a save from about 2 minutes before it mentioned the cam to watch the scene properly and move on so didn't check at all the next time.
Phones is just buggy and cheap crap I mean what phone these days has the picture sent while texting in a seperate part of the phone you have to leave the text to go see?.

Reactions: mr john

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Okay. I've seen where people has theories about this game. Here's mine. The big bad is the guy the MC shot.
Step-dad had proof of his illegal activities. As well as the proof why the MC shot him. All this is on the USB drive or whatever they're looking for. And this is why the boat was blown up.
Mom is alive. She was blown from the boat. The reason she hasn't shown up yet is because she has amnesia and doesn't remember who she is. She'll show up close to the end of the game.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
It actually wouldn't make sense for her to ever possibly expect her daughter to never be reunited with her father, its not like she expected to have total control over her daughter for the rest of her daughter's life. All it would have taken is one time after she left to live on her own for the daughter to decide to seek out her father or at least see her paternal family and boom, the entire plot explode in the mother's face.

Unless Marie is literally stupid she couldn't have expected that to work, which isn't the case obviously, so the only thing she could have wanted was to delay the reunion hoping desperately that her daughter would find someone else to fancy before that point and hope it would prevent her from falling for her father, that is just about the only thing she could have expected realistically, also again its not like she could have expected her ex-husband's family to not decide to reveal things to the MC if too long passed or things became dire enough, she might have been able to convince them to delay things for a few more years, since the MC was stable enough to take it, but its not like everyone involved in the scheme could be expected to keep silence for the rest of their lives.
Yeah I can see your point regarding the MC's family but as to your first point you remember how Millie reacted the first time she met the MC? If someone's feeling that level of venom would they really seek the person out? Not coming from a divorced home I'm not sure how it feels to "lose" a parent but given how it's shown maybe that's what she's thinking. I agree it's weak and open to falling apart at some point in the future but the more time apart the better the opportunity Millie won't want to have anything to do with her father. Anyway, while problematic, I don't think it's quite the CF you seem to indicate and more likely the only way that Marie thought she could play this given the shitty circumstances.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Yeah I can see your point regarding the MC's family but as to your first point you remember how Millie reacted the first time she met the MC? If someone's feeling that level of venom would they really seek the person out? Not coming from a divorced home I'm not sure how it feels to "lose" a parent but given how it's shown maybe that's what she's thinking. I agree it's weak and open to falling apart at some point in the future but the more time apart the better the opportunity Millie won't want to have anything to do with her father. Anyway, while problematic, I don't think it's quite the CF you seem to indicate and more likely the only way that Marie thought she could play this given the shitty circumstances.
The thing is Millie is still pretty young give it even a couple more years and it might have soften her up, maybe by her mid 20s anyhow, goodness knows I was a bit of a emotional mess until my mid 20s, so its possible by that point she would have gotten over it, also the fact is she had contact with her paternal family, it was only a question of time before either she snapped and asked about her father or they finally decided it was time to reunite her and the MC, Marie should have known absolutely that either way sooner or later her tactic was only going to delay, not prevent a reunion.

Also seriously as I mentioned its possible at one point the MC might have gotten depressed over the loss of his family and reached the point of turning suicidal, he was still holding on together alright when the story started but who knows how much longer, the moment he'd have started to show signs he wasn't able to take the separation anymore his family would have absolutely buckled and reunited them, whatever Marie wanted I doubt Deb & his mother would have stood by and watch him potentially turn self-destructive because of their disappearance rather than their stupid plan supposedly trying to prevent his self-destructiveness by their disappearance. Hell if he had reached that point even Marie might not have wanted to prevent the reunion herself anymore, I doubt she wanted to keep the two separated enough to drive him to death.

Reactions: mr john and dbp5ca
3.10 star(s) 102 Votes