Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Deb isn't even on a ventilator, and I've checked, there are DAZ3D assets for such a scenario available. It looks more like she is in a recovery room and the MC is too panicked to notice. She has a drip, a bruise above her eye and a bandage where she was cut, that's it.
I said basically the same thing right after the update came out, its clearly some kind of joke or prank, else she'd be on a ventilator, Holter monitor [portable ECG] and probably also shaved head with EEG electro-pads fitted monitoring any brain function still.
Certainly she'd still be in ICU, not a standard room.

As for the ending, I'll bet its some kind of prank or manipulation in order to try and make us feel anything but disgust for her.
Remembering of course that in the ambulance the EMT said she was basically fine, which wouldn't be the case if she'd actually had an aneurysm, since that isn't something you even temporarily recover from. [my aunt suffered one, she was brain dead before an ambulance even got to her].

Also Milly wouldn't have been left alone after getting that news just moments ago.

With that said, this 'joke' just adds another reason to be furious at her, since saying "its just a prank bro" doesn't suddenly make something like that funny or even just ok.
If I were the MC in that case, once he finds out they were joking I'd be incandescent with anger.

So with that in mind the preview render of the beach scene that has Deb conspicuously absent makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Trikus

May 31, 2020
With that said, this 'joke' just adds another reason to be furious at her, since saying "its just a prank bro" doesn't suddenly make something like that funny or even just ok.
If I were the MC in that case, once he finds out they were joking I'd be incandescent with anger.
You aren't Scottish, are you? :p I can easily see this happening between Scottish siblings. And yeah, the initial reaction would be to kick her ass but they would kiss and make up later, and with the MC and Deb's relationship, they might do more than kiss.

Also, I remember them doing this in the Street Fighter 2 animated movie:

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
You aren't Scottish, are you? :p I can easily see this happening between Scottish siblings. And yeah, the initial reaction would be to kick her ass but they would kiss and make up later
Normally you might be correct, however after Deb has already kept the MC's daughter hidden from him for 7 years, actively communicating with her for at least the last 2 or 3 while also letting her think her father knew where she was but also no longer cared about her, the level of trust and affection required to pull that kind of joke off is no longer present.

As far as I'm concerned the game name could be changed to "Quintuple Ex" now.
Ex-military, Ex-con, Ex-husband, Ex-brother, Ex-son.

If I were the MC, there is only one person left in the family now and that is Milly, everyone else would be dead to me.
Ignoring the initial plan, its what happened after the MC got out of gaol that is the epic betrayal, where his entire family still kept the daughter hidden away for years and left her believing her father disowned her and no longer cared.
Deb gets the most blame for that because she was supposed to be the one closest to the MC, the one who cared the most and really what it looks like is she used that situation to keep the MC to herself.
That kind of betrayal is unforgivable and after that she will never be trustworthy, certainly not to the point of some prank about being brain-dead going over super well.

Oh btw I bet his ex-wife isn't even dead too, that'll have been some other moronic plan and she'll reappear at some point.
You have to remember that no remains were ever found and nobody other than Milly seems particularly broken up about it, least of all the ex-wife's best friend and sometimes-lover Deb.

Last edited:

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Oh btw I bet his ex-wife isn't even dead too, that'll have been some other moronic plan and she'll reappear at some point.
You have to remember that no remains were ever found and nobody other than Milly seems particularly broken up about it, least of her the ex-wife's best friend and sometimes-lover Deb.
Yeah, I've also considered this. Since the original plan to reunite them failed and he stopped trying to find them, perhaps she did fake her death so he would have no option but to reconnect with his family. Unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up at some point.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Since the original plan to reunite them failed
As far as I can tell there never really was a plan to reunite them.
Unless you're counting the part where they were only supposed to be gone for a few months until he was out of danger and just didn't come back as "a plan failing".

I count it more as the ex-wife bailing on the MC with the help of the MC's family, given they went to great lengths [as in literally everyone the MC and the ex-wife knew other than Milly being in on it] to stay hidden for years.

The main reason I hope the ex-wife is still alive is so she can see the contempt and disgust that the MC and Milly have for her first-hand.

I also find it impossible to believe that the Bart dude didn't know what was going on, Bart certainly didn't seem to show any shock or surprise when the truth came out to the MC and milly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotytto

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
Normally you might be correct, however after Deb has already kept the MC's daughter hidden from him for 7 years, actively communicating with her for at least the last 2 or 3 while also letting her think her father knew where she was but also no longer cared about her, the level of trust and affection required to pull that kind of joke off is no longer present.

If I were the MC, there is only one person left in the family now and that is Milly, everyone else would be dead to me.
Ignoring the initial plan, its what happened after the MC got out of gaol that is the epic betrayal, where his entire family still kept the daughter hidden away for years and left her believing her father disowned her and no longer cared.
Deb gets the most blame for that because she was supposed to be the one closest to the MC, the one who cared the most and really what it looks like is she used that situation to keep the MC to herself.
That kind of betrayal is unforgivable and after that she will never be trustworthy, certainly not to the point of some prank about being brain-dead going over super well.

You have to remember that no remains were ever found and nobody other than Milly seems particularly broken up about it, least of all the ex-wife's best friend and sometimes-lover Deb.
Thank you very much for your comment. I thought it was just me For a moment I thought that since Deb is half dead it had happened like in real life, that when someone dies everyone tells how good he was even if he was a great son of a bitch. Deb, like the rest of the family, has screwed the brother all she wanted. For love or selfishness, I don't care. The fact is that he has been lying to him and hiding very important information from the mc in addition to trying to fuck all the women who were close to the mc. And now is she a saint? please

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Thank you very much for your comment. I thought it was just me For a moment I thought that since Deb is half dead it had happened like in real life, that when someone dies everyone tells how good he was even if he was a great son of a bitch. Deb, like the rest of the family, has screwed the brother all she wanted. For love or selfishness, I don't care. The fact is that he has been lying to him and hiding very important information from the mc in addition to trying to fuck all the women who were close to the mc. And now is she a saint? please
I tend to somewhat split the difference. What she did was horrible, and she shouldn't be easily forgiven. She should be reminded of her betrayal often for a while yet. However, I believe people should get second or even third chances when they make mistakes or even when they willingly act badly. The more severe the offense, however (like this one), the fewer extra chances they get.

For my part — and I know many will disagree with me on this — this would be the only extra chance I'd be willing to give her. (I'm not going to pretend to know what's actually just or not; I'm no saint myself.) If she ever did something even remotely close to this again, I would write her off permanently. (I've actually lost former friends IRL over crap they pulled when I'd given them multiple warnings. I cannot let it go endlessly. There are limits to what I can allow.) So allowing her another chance is something everyone has to decide for themselves, but this would definitely be the last act of forgiveness from me for this type of slight.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
All my posts are consistent when it comes to Deb. She is a ride or die type love. Her crimes against the mc are lesser than a lot involved.

You don't like her great but don't say everyone just likes her because she is "brain dead". A li doesn't have to be perfect to be a great li imo

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
All my posts are consistent when it comes to Deb. She is a ride or die type love. Her crimes against the mc are lesser than a lot involved.

You don't like her great but don't say everyone just likes her because she is "brain dead". A li doesn't have to be perfect to be a great li imo
In spite of what she did, I do still really like her. I just hope she doesn't pull anything similar to that crap again.

• Red Heart

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
In spite of what she did, I do still really like her. I just hope she doesn't pull anything similar to that crap again.
Yeah I agree. But to me her intentions have always been good but until the last couple of updates she never realized what her actions caused.

I honestly believe every thing she did was out of love and lust for the mc. She isn't the smartest cookie around but one that I would still enjoy tremendously

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Yeah I agree. But to me her intentions have always been good but until the last couple of updates she never realized what her actions caused.

I honestly believe every thing she did was out of love and lust for the mc. She isn't the smartest cookie around but one that I would still enjoy tremendously
What were her good intentions for hiding the MC's daughter for the 3 years after he got released?
Forget the initial plan, I'm talking about once he wasn't locked up any-more.

Because Deb knew where she was the whole time.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
What were her good intentions for hiding the MC's daughter for the 5+ years after he got released?
Forget the initial plan, I'm talking about once he wasn't locked up any-more.

Because Deb knew where she was the whole time.
That wasn't her call. She went along with others who took advantage of her not being the brightest woman. The mc's mom dad and bitch ex wife are way more to blame imo

Edit: it was sold to her as "saving her beloved brother" and of course because she loves and would do anything for him she went along. Yeah she is not smart but don't try to claim she did anything purposely against the mc...

Reactions: Shyguy1369

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I tend to somewhat split the difference. What she did was horrible, and she shouldn't be easily forgiven. She should be reminded of her betrayal often for a while yet. However, I believe people should get second or even third chances when they make mistakes or even when they willingly act badly. The more severe the offense, however (like this one), the fewer extra chances they get.

For my part — and I know many will disagree with me on this — this would be the only extra chance I'd be willing to give her. (I'm not going to pretend to know what's actually just or not; I'm no saint myself.) If she ever did something even remotely close to this again, I would write her off permanently. (I've actually lost former friends IRL over crap they pulled when I'd given them multiple warnings. I cannot let it go endlessly. There are limits to what I can allow.) So allowing her another chance is something everyone has to decide for themselves, but this would definitely be the last act of forgiveness from me for this type of slight.
Family baby. Let alone family with whom you've been sexually intimate for over a decade, during that time you were married. Plus she's always been in your corner. Always had your back in every other aspect of your life. It's virtually impossible to turn your back on that for long. Of course you'll eventually forgive her, all the rest is counting coup.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
That wasn't her call. She went along with others who took advantage of her not being the brightest woman. The mc's mom dad and bitch ex wife are way more to blame imo

Edit: it was sold to her as "saving her beloved brother" and of course because she loves and would do anything for him she went along. Yeah she is not smart but don't try to claim she did anything purposely against the mc...

I said to forget the initial plan, since it was only supposed to be for several months, I'm talking about the YEARS after that she helped hide the daughter and ex-wife.

Once there was no longer danger .etc she just kept quiet despite knowing the despair and depression it was causing the MC and the hurt and anger it was causing the daughter.

Deb helped them hide Milly and the ex-wife for years, letting the daughter believe the MC no longer cared about her at all.

So beyond the part where the MC was locked up, what was the good intention to keep the lies going? who was that helping?

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Plus she's always been in your corner. Always had your back in every other aspect of your life.
Apart from when she spent years hiding the one person whom the MC carded about more than Deb.

Looks to me like she saw it as a way to get the MC all to herself, since she seemingly had no intention of ever telling either the MC or Milly the truth about each other, even going as far as trying to keep the ruse up until the point where she could no longer deny it.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I wouldn't be so quick to out myself and go against my mother who started all this bullshit and was still calling the shots...

What does the mc's mom do? Run. Deb stayed took her punishment and the anger.

You can't just forget the initial plan... it all Stims from it. I get some don't like and will never like Deb. And that's cool.

...But I don't see painting her as an evil monster or a bitch with malice. She acted out of love no matter how ignorant she has been...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Family baby. Let alone family with whom you've been sexually intimate for over a decade, during that time you were married. Plus she's always been in your corner. Always had your back in every other aspect of your life. It's virtually impossible to turn your back on that for long. Of course you'll eventually forgive her, all the rest is counting coup.
I think this is a forgivable act, but I don't accept the basic premise that just b/c it's family all is always forgiven, and that the rest is "counting coup". There are some wrongs that are so severe they can't be so easily forgiven, if at all. Obviously this is an extreme example that didn't happen here, but what if you have a brother who always had your back . . . who then rapes your wife while you're madly in love with her still? I doubt I'd ever be able to forgive that, but he's still family.

(BTW, I've only ever heard "counting coup" used to mean getting close enough to an enemy to touch them without their being aware, as a sign of superiority to them and/or for bragging rights back with the rest of the warriors. Not sure how that expression applies to "all the rest", but maybe you can explain what you mean.)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think this is a forgivable act, but I don't accept the basic premise that just b/c it's family all is always forgiven, and that the rest is "counting coup". There are some wrongs that are so severe they can't be so easily forgiven, if at all. Obviously this is an extreme example that didn't happen here, but what if you have a brother who always had your back . . . who then rapes your wife while you're madly in love with her still? I doubt I'd ever be able to forgive that, but he's still family.

(BTW, I've only ever heard "counting coup" used to mean getting close enough to an enemy to touch them without their being aware, as a sign of superiority to them and/or for bragging rights back with the rest of the warriors. Not sure how that expression applies to "all the rest", but maybe you can explain what you mean.)
That is where some of us differ in opinion, for many what Deb did is actually worse as raping the wife example you gave would have been. She broke trust so deeply by her choices that it is not easy to repair and her continuing those lies after plans changed and even after the Ex (possibly so called) died makes it even worse. Even if we get she was not jumping for joy to out herself, at least if she had taken her bitter medicine herself it would have made it easier to get that trust back over time. Edit: Thing is she did not have MC''s back in the one thing that mattered most to him and she knew that, which also casts doubt over rest of her behavior and whether she was not just selfish there instead of having his back rest of the time. Not that MC has been perfect by a long shot either. :)

Now I have never been Deb's greatest fan for quite a few reasons and wondered a bit from start about her role. It seems one of my earlier suspicions that she was partly played was right, but I am still not sure if part of her behavior was not also partly out of anger to MC is not true. I remember dev liked an old post of mine that though the Ex and Deb love the MC there is also anger and maybe some hate there, which might also have informed their actions and choices.

Well dev will in the end decide Debs fate concerning MC and if she survives at all. Personally I think she will survive for reasons I set out before. Whether they get back together or dev will leave that as a player choice depending on their view in the end I have no idea. For me, I do not see a good fast path back into MC's graces and at best a slow long path of thawing a bit first and then a real long time before enough trust can be reestablished if ever.

I even forget about her relation with Ex since beyond her not telling I do not think MC cares to much about that in first place and would have shared them together happily enough if had known, but in the Milly situation she already took three strikes in my eyes.

Edit: Now the Ex turning up back alive could throw even more spammers in those works. In a way I hope she does not, MC does deserve some rest and quiet time to heal up and get back to a working life and then decide if he wants Deb to be a part of that from a distance or a more closer role.

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I wouldn't be so quick to out myself and go against my mother who started all this bullshit and was still calling the shots...

What does the mc's mom do? Run. Deb stayed took her punishment and the anger.

You can't just forget the initial plan... it all Stims from it. I get some don't like and will never like Deb. And that's cool.

...But I don't see painting her as an evil monster or a bitch with malice. She acted out of love no matter how ignorant she has been...
What punishment? some unpleasant words and angry looks?

She didn't choose to stay, she got so drunk before she got to the airport to leave she got arrested, then the evil bitch of a mother turned up and forced the situation.

And why did she get drunk? Because she realized how much pain and distress her ongoing betrayal caused both MC and Milly? No, because MC didn't want to see her anymore.

You can argue going along with the initial plan, sure lets say that sounded like a good idea.
But no one who says she was acting with best intentions has been able to explain why she not only kept up the ruse beyond the initial plan once the MC was released but actually went along with making it worse by letting Milly think the MC no longer cared for his family.

And she went along with it for 3 years after MC's release because it suited her just fine, it meant that the MC no longer had anyone but Deb to focus his attention on and Deb was more than happy with that situation.

Not once did she protest beyond the initial plan so far as we, the readers, have seen.

Also, so far at least, I've yet to see her actually attempt a real apology or even an explanation.

edit: Also I'm starting to think that since the revelation that the mother also wanted an intimate relationship with MC that perhaps she saw getting rid of ex-wife and daughter as part of the plan to make her desires come true too.

Its looking even more like my earlier comment about being able to change the name to 'Quintuple Ex' is fitting.
Since all the above seem to just be out for their own interests.

Last edited:

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018

Well said. I was thinking the same thing. Deb would do ANYTHING to make sure her brother whom she loves more than anything was safe... even if she personally felt it was wrong. It was sold to her as being the right thing to do.

3.10 star(s) 101 Votes