ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
then consider me a troll or consider me highly disappointed at the spanish or the differences between the branches derived from the main tree. Either's fine
Dont worry, like i said, im very aware that improvements can be made. Im from Spain, so there is no issue with Fernando's Spanish, since, that's.. well, literally the way we speak here.
So all the issues the game has are with Gloria's spanish, since it's just me with my limited exposure to Mexican people, triying to guess how a mexican would speak in those moment.
So to sumarize, there is nothing wrong with Fernando's, he speaks Spain Spanish to Gloria. The issue is Gloria that is speaking whatever concept i have of Mexican Spanish.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
Dont worry, like i said, im very aware that improvements can be made. Im from Spain, so there is no issue with Fernando's Spanish, since, that's.. well, literally the way we speak here.
So all the issues the game has are with Gloria's spanish, since it's just me with my limited exposure to Mexican people, triying to guess how a mexican would speak in those moment.
So to sumarize, there is nothing wrong with Fernando's, he speaks Spain Spanish to Gloria. The issue is Gloria that is speaking whatever concept i have of Mexican Spanish.
let's go with that then.
I don't know about improvements but let me bounce this on you.
Do you have any español callejera? Informal spanish, the spanish used by street folk or around the slums/ghettos? Based on what I've heard, that might be closer? I'm not an expert in mexican spanish but I believe it is heavily influenced by the cartel. It's not harsh in the way german is harsh compared to english and spanish. But harsh in a "i'mma big dude and my balls are big" kind of thing. I say this given the differences I noticed. If you've heard ghetto english, or compared clips where people in the hood talk compared to how middle class white people talk, that is fairly similar to the difference I've heard and been told one hears between mexican spanish and a list of other spanish dialect. . . . Might be a terrible analogy. I have my reasons for not going into the translation bizz as things are

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Do you have any español callejera? Informal spanish, the spanish used by street folk or around the slums/ghettos? Based on what I've heard, that might be closer? I'm not an expert in mexican spanish but I believe it is heavily influenced by the cartel.
Gloria spent all of HS in a posh International School in Japan as per OoT. Don't think this is entirely applicable for her.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
Gloria spent all of HS in a posh International School in Japan as per OoT. Don't think this is entirely applicable for her.
I'll argue she was raised by a corrupt mexican diplomat. that's just about guaranteed ties to the cartel. Apparently she was with him until he died

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I'll argue she was raised by a corrupt mexican diplomat. that's just about guaranteed ties to the cartel. Apparently she was with him until he died
Don't know if you completed her events but it certainly seemed like he was never much of a father. Also he was living on Tropicali most of the time, she was in Japan.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
Don't know if you completed her events but it certainly seemed like he was never much of a father. Also he was living on Tropicali most of the time, she was in Japan.
forget about him being present.
The point I'm making is him being her reference and base for spanish. For a short while in mexico, then pretty much exclusively once she moved to japan and tropicali. Polynesian spanish. . . .it looks like the intention is for her character to use mexican spanish over spain's/iberian spanish. so her being on tropicali maybe didn't do that much for her spanish

Nov 20, 2019
Tropicali does not have a chance of taking priority. It's purposely designed to be a small game of to the side that can be completed in minimal updates, Anon's been working on it in his time off. OoT still gets the monthly updates and will continue to do so.
The majority of the patreons are there for OoT primarily as well so the incentives are there.
well that sucks. if that's the case i hope the dev starts going back to all the h scenes and remaster them in the tropicali animated style. cuz honestly i was not a fan of how the h scenes where handled in that game. all the build up from an hour+ of dialog and a few admittedly epic events for like 1 romance scene made of 10 still images. and that cycle repeated more or less through the whole game. and i think it would just be a generally great improvement for out of touch.

Tastetester12

Feb 26, 2022
Sorry to ask, but is there any ETA on when we might see another update? I've been checking the itch.io page almost daily XD
It's a really great game.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Sorry to ask, but is there any ETA on when we might see another update? I've been checking the itch.io page almost daily XD
It's a really great game.
This is a small side game to his main game Out of Touch, he works on it in his off time from that. So it could be February, it could be July, or it could be held off till it's 100% completed.

Reactions: Tastetester12
4.80 star(s) 51 Votes