JKRollin'

Dec 3, 2021
No harem, so I need like 5 play throughs? Who are the main love interests??

By the way love this fucking game, good story, graphics are good, animations are really smooth. Quickly climbing my list, just wish for quicker updates but who doesn't!
Bro can't you read, the developer notes in OP to see the planned tags HAREM is included in there:cautious::cool:

Psycher_7

Mar 14, 2020
Finally getting around to this one. Then I look back at the beginning of the thread and wonder if it was drastically rewritten at some point because of all that "loser MC" talk. [Jay] is a good-looking, popular athlete without behavioral problems, does decent at school, is a genuinely nice guy, and the first thing we see him do is save a family from a burning building. In what fucked up world is that a "loser"? The only thing that comes close is getting ditched by his high-maintenance girlfriend for standing her up on her birthday...due to aforementioned saving family from fiery death which caused him to lose his phone, and then moping about the breakup for like a week like a normal human being, especially a teenager. I don't get it.

I'm still early but really liking the game. Seems very much like Being a DIK; maybe not quite the level of that masterpiece, but in the same vein.

tufstuff

Dec 5, 2023
Finally getting around to this one. Then I look back at the beginning of the thread and wonder if it was drastically rewritten at some point because of all that "loser MC" talk. [Jay] is a good-looking, popular athlete without behavioral problems, does decent at school, is a genuinely nice guy, and the first thing we see him do is save a family from a burning building. In what fucked up world is that a "loser"? The only thing that comes close is getting ditched by his high-maintenance girlfriend for standing her up on her birthday...due to aforementioned saving family from fiery death which caused him to lose his phone, and then moping about the breakup for like a week like a normal human being, especially a teenager. I don't get it.

I'm still early but really liking the game. Seems very much like Being a DIK; maybe not quite the level of that masterpiece, but in the same vein.
This has been how it always was, as far as the core of the story goes. I know some of the writing was kinda polished up from the original release but it's mostly unchanged. I think a lot of those early people were just bandwagon-ing and shitting on something without actually trying it (or think anyone who's not a dominating-alpha-chad-male is a loser). It's too bad, because everything about the game gets better as it progresses.

vekker

Jun 26, 2017
Only discovering this game now. Very impressed, especially with the writing. Quick question has the dev said if kayla going to be fuckable? she's hot as hell but i dont see any incest tag

tufstuff

Dec 5, 2023
Only discovering this game now. Very impressed, especially with the writing. Quick question has the dev said if kayla going to be fuckable? she's hot as hell but i dont see any incest tag
It's been hinted that this will be an option after their relationship repairs (but not outright confirmed by the dev yet... likely because the game is currently on Patreon and it would be against their TOS).

Reactions: vekker

xert13

Sep 24, 2023
This has been how it always was, as far as the core of the story goes. I know some of the writing was kinda polished up from the original release but it's mostly unchanged. I think a lot of those early people were just bandwagon-ing and shitting on something without actually trying it (or think anyone who's not a dominating-alpha-chad-male is a loser). It's too bad, because everything about the game gets better as it progresses.
Yeah, there's a lot of crapping on something without trying it on these forums or the carrion calls of "NTR!" haters bagging on anything remotely hinting at it.

Reactions: tufstuff

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
WhEn'S tHe NeXt UpDaTe?
Sorry! It's only been two months since Ep3 was completed, so it'll still be a bit before the next release. But here's some news on what I've been doing behind the scenes and how it relates to Ep4.

Programming Upgrades:
There are a couple of main features I've wanted to implement for a long time now, and since it's hard for me to set aside enough time to work on them, someone has approached me to offer help.
The most complicated project is the Phone GUI to be used for things like text messages in-game, plus a couple extra things. I prefer that the primary use of the phone is progressing the story, and not something you have to waste time playing with and navigating through. This means keeping the "phone apps" to a minimum.
Secondly, I want to get a gallery/replay system created. The main purpose is to unlock bonus images and allow you to look back at moments you've played. An extension of this would help you see if there's content you may have missed in your playthroughs.
Ideally I'd like to have these implemented with the next release, but I need to see how development progresses.

Visual Upgrades:
With each new episode I've had a primary goal to achieve that involves improving the renders in some fashion. For Ep3 it was textures for characters (primarily their skin). For Ep4 it is lighting.
While I made some strides in this area with the previous episode, it still wasn't my main focus. Now I've taken time to alter some of the commonly used environments and set up cleaner light sources that I can use consistently between scenes. A side benefit to this is that it usually helps with my rendering times, too.
In addition to lighting, some environments have props or textures I've always been unhappy with but felt stuck using them as-is. So I'm finally taking the time to correct the most troublesome ones. The idea, as usual, is for any fixes to be hardly noticeable unless you are comparing new and old images side by side. (In fact, I shared a couple comparison renders on Discord this week to show how the beginning of the game would look if I made it today.)

Personal Business:
I'll be out of town a bit over the next couple of weeks (it's graduation season). And it seems increasingly likely I need to contact my dentist again-- I think something went wrong with the root canal I had a couple months ago. I've been hoping it would get better, but I'm worse off now than I was before having the procedure.
And if you've followed me for some time, you may remember I've dealt with some bouts of carpal tunnel in my right wrist. During the summer months this seems to flair up, and it's already begun.
While none of this is imposing any immediate concerns, these and other things in life sure have me feeling a bit like Bilbo lately.

The Future:
Much of my spare time for the foreseeable future will be doing standard development, so there won't be much of anything special to report on. Depending on how crowded scheduling gets this summer will determine if I need to skip a month of Featured Girl promos in order to post some teaser images or other promotional content. We'll see how things look when July comes around.
In the meantime, may fortune gaze upon you much like Ashley does.
Oh! And one final thing. Adult Game Reviews just put out a video today on Trouble at Home. It was totally unexpected from my end (Tom even claims he just stumbled upon it and gave it a chance), so go ahead and give it a watch (and like, comment, follow or whatever other niceties you'd like to share his way for the awesome work he does)!

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes