VN Ren'Py Troubled Legacy [v0.0.28 Fix] [Blackthunder_vn]

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
With regard to those errors. If I load a save I get them as well. But if I play a new game from the beginning they don't occur. Apparently those variables are either not properly initialized in earlier versions or were improperly saved before or not restored by the latest version.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I am sure I haven't check out the first part. So the second part is complete for the two parts. I will check it out sometime soon. If I do not get any errors, it may be possible it could be some coding different in part one that part two conflicted. However, again, I haven't check the update yet. I am sure that I didn't check out part 1 yet. I would have to check the save file date.

* Edit *

Holy shit, I would have not found the location this game saved the saved files to:
%AppData%\Roaming\RenPy\MynewLife-##########\

I would have not ever found it. Good thing I download this VN and opened it. I was able to find the folder it opens. It only updated the date and time of the folder without any modification on any files in that folder

* Closed Edit *

* Additional Comment *

Blackthunder_vn Was this VN called something else before, like My New Life? Do not ask me how I figured that out, however I was able to find the save files and made a backup copy. I saw the last date I tested this was back in 14 July 2021. So that means I didnt test out part 1 yet.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackthunder_vn

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
harsha_26 Edith (The milf) has her big day in the next update. 0.0.18 Day5

The whole Day is mostly planned for her romantic Day I wanted to make it big and very special.

Reactions: harsha_26

Valmora

Dec 4, 2018
Interesting... could be better though... you need a better proofreader, lots of the dialogue is pretty well done, but it does still need to be fixed from the very beginning though...

one major flaw is the bad grammar and wrong word usage, I, I'll, I'm You, Yours, It, It's, He, He's, His, Hers, She, She's, We, Them, They, That sort of stuff, makes it read a bit choppy...

Other things like in the start, the "motor-home" that's called a trailer house or mobile home, a "motor-home the the one like a van or bus used for like vacations, the ones pulled behind a vehicle are travel-trailers...

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
Valmora yes I know, the problem is that my natve speaking proofreader is gone on his own will.

Now 3 proofreaders are looking over it, 2 of them are germans so, what should I say, the Team must make the best out of it.
The Projekt doesn't brings enough to pay some one to proofread atm.

Hopefully sometime this will be better and we revistit every single line of the game (planned but not makeable atm.)

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
errrrrrrr ummmmmmm men dont giggle they chuckle or they laugh...... just sayin
Well, they can giggle. But it's seen as a very feminine term in Western Culture, like in the saying 'giggling like a schoolgirl'.

Maybe a 'Giggle' infers a high inflectioned laugh so doesn't meet masculine ideals? Because it's taken as granted that men have a deeper voice and therefore a 'Chuckle', which has a perceived low inflection to the tone, is assigned as a more masculine term?

I could imagine The Joker as able to giggle though.

Reactions: zenupstart

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Well, they can giggle. But it's seen as a very feminine term in Western Culture, like in the saying 'giggling like a schoolgirl'.

Maybe a 'Giggle' infers a high inflectioned laugh so doesn't meet masculine ideals? Because it's taken as granted that men have a deeper voice and therefore a 'Chuckle', which has a perceived low inflection to the tone, is assigned as a more masculine term?

I could imagine The Joker as able to giggle though.
err yea I just didn't want to go that deep into it.

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
So since the shoutings about better proofreading are getting louder.
You want to help the team?

Here is your chance.
Help needed native english.png

EL-Xatrix

Mar 31, 2020
schön mal was auf deutsch :)

beim ersten treffen von sofie am pool hab ich nen leeren text worauf sie dann sagt das sie keine hübsche halbnackte lady sieht.
beim spielen mit zola ist auch ein leerer text als er aufhört direkt nach dem nein

ansonsten bin ich mal gespannt wies weiter geht ;)

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
Oh ok, I take a look at it. Thank you very much.

A lot happens on day5 (0.0.18) but mosly the the whole Afternoon and Evening/Night is for Edith.

(de) danke ich sehe mir das sofort an. Danke dir vielmals.
Es wird eine menge geschehen an Tag 5 aber Edith wird den ganzen Nachmittag bis in die Nacht einnehmen.

Last edited:

ESKgamer

Dec 17, 2018
Hi folks, I just started the game fresh, never played it before. I've just played a few minutes and wanted to put in a save but I get the error below - No valid save locations. If I ignore it I can keep on playing but I can't save at any time. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4110, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1090, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1297, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1297, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 435, in save
location.save(slotname, sr)
File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 424, in save
raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Troubled Legacy
Wed Oct 27 23:26:08 2021

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
ESKgamer Okay thats a new one, never had this error till now.

have you testet a left mouse click this should bring you to the save menu.

edit: I have tested it on a other maschine here it works in english and german. Where are you in game?

Last edited:

ESKgamer

Dec 17, 2018
ESKgamer Okay thats a new one, never had this error till now.

have you testet a left mouse click this should bring you to the save menu.

edit: I have tested it on a other maschine here it works in english and german. Where are you in game?
Thanks for helping out Blackthunder. Yeah, I've played a ton of these games and never seen this either. I have right clicked to the save menu and tried saving different pages and slots. The same error comes up if I try for a Quicksave as well. I have tried at the end of the road trip when I first meet Zola and sisters at the office, tried at the Villa when Mary first arrives, during the fight scene. Lots of times. I just get the same error. I took a quick look at the savelocation.py and loadsave.py files versus a known working game and, apart from a couple of lines, they look identical. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks again.

ESKgamer

Dec 17, 2018
Hi Blackthunder,
A follow up to my message. I have resolved the problem. As I said, I checked the savelocation.py file against a couple of other known working games. There were just 2 lines that were in yours that did not appear in the others. I saved the original as .old and removed those two lines. I restarted the game and now it is working just fine. The two lines I removed were;

os.rename(old, old + ".tmp")
old = old + ".tmp"

Once I removed these, I restarted the game and it now works as expected. I'm not sure why it's just happened to me but I thought I'd let you know before I head to bed :) I'm in Australia. Thanks again and have a great day!

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes