4.70 star(s) 109 Votes

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Man i gotta say the nerve on some devs is just gross its like they have no f'in' shame, the patronizing tone that they talk to their patreons is unbelievable... if you think that bla bla yada yada why don't you unsub its not like i care, yeah right you don't care GTFO... if each of your patreons would pull the plug i guarantee you that them updates would come out in an instant...

Jan 3, 2019
View attachment 1577621

Unlocked

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you're doing fine!
Wall of text incoming.
I'm seeing some comments on me milking, cancellating of subs etc. I'll address some of the things in them here in an orderly fashion as some sort of Q&A.
"We pay for the game" - no, you don't. The game is free, you can play it regardless of your status. You pay to support the developer/the development of the game, more precisely, the development of the current update.
"What's the difference?" - first of all, yeah, I know there wasn't something like that in the comments, it's a follow-up question that might occur. Paying for the game is not optional, it directly affects your ability to play the said game. Paying to support the development is voluntary, it's your decision.
"if u dont release it until next year, i cancel my sub, this is milking" - it's not, but you're free to think whatever you want, it's your money after all.
Huh, I guess, there weren't many different points to address. Or, maybe, I missed some? I'll throw in my 2 cents:
As a disclaimer I'd like to say that I'm talking only for myself and noone else. If you get the feeling that I'm milking or too slow, writing too bad, images too boring/dark/anything else you might think of - just unsub. Don't wait for the next month to see how it goes, save your money and unsub - I will still keep developing, the game will still be released and you will still be able to play it. If it makes you frustrated to the point that you threaten with unsubbing or announce you're leaving - surely unsub, save yourself some nerve cells!
Speaking of the threat of unsubbing. What's the thought process behind it? Do you think I'm sitting here with a done update just "ehehe, the update is done but I'm not releasing it, gonna milk them, muahah"? No. Or, perhaps, you think that will speed me up? I'm stressed as fuck just by myself and you're not helping. If anything, you're making it a bit slower cause now I'm sitting here writing this instead.
Wanted to say something else, but I forgot what it was by the time I got to this point.
Anyway, sorry for a grim post. I actually do appreciate your support very much! Thank you for it! I am working, I know it takes too long, that's completely my fault, but we're getting there!
Once again, Happy New Year! Have fun on the holidays, if you've got any!
Stay safe out there!
The developer made it clear that he doesn't care about his patrons. After all, he did not think about such a word as communication with the audience? Probably not. He will respond better to criticism, criticism, "a very smart move." Oh, these developers....

• Haha
Reactions: JoThZ01T

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
View attachment 1577621

Unlocked

Wall of text incoming.
I'm seeing some comments on me milking, cancellating of subs etc. I'll address some of the things in them here in an orderly fashion as some sort of Q&A.
"We pay for the game" - no, you don't. The game is free, you can play it regardless of your status. You pay to support the developer/the development of the game, more precisely, the development of the current update.
"What's the difference?" - first of all, yeah, I know there wasn't something like that in the comments, it's a follow-up question that might occur. Paying for the game is not optional, it directly affects your ability to play the said game. Paying to support the development is voluntary, it's your decision.
"if u dont release it until next year, i cancel my sub, this is milking" - it's not, but you're free to think whatever you want, it's your money after all.
Huh, I guess, there weren't many different points to address. Or, maybe, I missed some? I'll throw in my 2 cents:
As a disclaimer I'd like to say that I'm talking only for myself and noone else. If you get the feeling that I'm milking or too slow, writing too bad, images too boring/dark/anything else you might think of - just unsub. Don't wait for the next month to see how it goes, save your money and unsub - I will still keep developing, the game will still be released and you will still be able to play it. If it makes you frustrated to the point that you threaten with unsubbing or announce you're leaving - surely unsub, save yourself some nerve cells!
Speaking of the threat of unsubbing. What's the thought process behind it? Do you think I'm sitting here with a done update just "ehehe, the update is done but I'm not releasing it, gonna milk them, muahah"? No. Or, perhaps, you think that will speed me up? I'm stressed as fuck just by myself and you're not helping. If anything, you're making it a bit slower cause now I'm sitting here writing this instead.
Wanted to say something else, but I forgot what it was by the time I got to this point.
Anyway, sorry for a grim post. I actually do appreciate your support very much! Thank you for it! I am working, I know it takes too long, that's completely my fault, but we're getting there!
Stay safe out there!
Thanks for posting it here.
In my view, with a speech like this in the public square they would have at least lynched him, Here he can afford it because he's a ghost.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I hesitated a few times before posting this , but .... Oh well ; I'm Tired, F#### Tired of all the Devs that whines and victimizes themselves as if we're bullying them. Sure, there are some trolls who just do free bashing and don't have a single constructive criticism, but at the end of the day, what you retain when you read among all complaints stand in only two words and has the same substance = no communication.

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
During these Christmas holidays, I had the idea of spending as much time as possible learning to program Renpy!
Full of confidence, even due to the comments that we sometimes read here and there, which say that Renpy programming is a very simple and linear thing!
I actually came across something a little different and found that it's not as linear as it seems, especially if we don't just want a visual novel and if we want the choices to really have an effect throughout the story!
What I can say is that there is no shortage of programmers out there who offer their work for a percentage of earnings!
If Cloudlet were only dedicated to making 3D art, and in that, he demonstrates good taste and dominates, he could deliver the programming to someone who has enough knowledge in exchange for a commission!
Everyone would stand to gain from it and I bet his Patreons number would go up exponentially!

Oct 28, 2017
View attachment 1577621

Unlocked

Wall of text incoming.
Stay safe out there!
And there you go fellows the dev wants his patreons to unsub and I think they should do that the dev really cares about their money(;)) and if they still don't do that they're just disrespecting the dev and don't want the VN to progress and get an update.:sneaky:

Jul 2, 2017
"We pay for the game" - no, you don't. The game is free
Yup and im not paying for the internet im just supporting the internet providers, and you probably heard that those are not lootboxes but a surprise mechanics.
At this point he just insulting the intelligence of his supporters. He looks for justifications, twists words so they sound nicer while throwing texts like this:

If anything, you're making it a bit slower cause now I'm sitting here writing this instead.
And expects you to belive you that writing something that takes 5 minutes will change anything when hes making ~10% progress in 2 weeks or more.

Speaking of progress no % change this time ? would be silly to put 95% somewhere i guess.

I said this before and i will repeat myself if someone is showing you progress bars while at the same time hes not able to tell you when the release is ready, even when hes at 90% of that bar - he has absolutely no idea where hes at.
Any serious person would give you release date, explain why it takes so long and how he will want to change this in the future.

Last edited:

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
Supporting the dev = supporting the game, so it's just a very weak excuse.
The only positive aspect is that, once this game will be dead, all the idiots on his discord channel will have to find an another way to spend their days XD

Apr 9, 2021
conspiracy theory(joke): he is making another in different dev name for next release since this be abandoned soon.

problem: he thinks that he knows everyone and everything, he mess up but aren't willing to accept and give assurance that i am not milking give me time i be back then spend on me then happily.

opinion: to be honest, even if game update comes now i won't play it i be at most surprised that dev updated but that it. I am done.

Nekto K

May 2, 2020
He said it is as it is, I have everything ready, but I will not put it out, why? like everything is fine guys, people support me, everything is good, as it gets worse, I immediately posted a new update, and he said that everything will be fine without delay, but in the end, as with all, I unsubscribed and advise you after his last sms, although everyone's business

• Haha

Quadclops

Jan 5, 2019
In 4-5 months Artemis is going to get an update of 3500 renders, amazing dev who works hard. I wonder how many renders Cloudlet is going to put into this update? 300? 450? Same timeframe way different work ethic, it's crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrchay and JoThZ01T

donkiszu

Dec 27, 2020
but you guys are desperate, if it comes out, it will come out, if not then no, the developer doesn't have that work ethic. There are other fun games too, for example life beyond the laptop screen :)

• Yay, new update!
Jun 28, 2020
Devs that do this instantly get either removed from my current patreon subs list, or moved into the "never going to sub" category. They isolate and surrogate some trolls and amp up that critic to use it as a scape goat for their lack of communication. People are willing to wait for your quality work. But the main crux of the issue has always been communication. Progress updates. Something. And when you just ghost people, regardless, they are going to be mad. We understand you have a life. Things happen. Things change. But when you ghost people, then come back after they've been paying you for months with no word, don't all of sudden act surprised it happened.

No matter how you want to dress it up. People sub to you to make the game. You wouldn't be putting in nearly as much effort into some passion project with net negative income. Let's be completely honest here.

This is the second game Cloudlet has done this on. So at this point it is a pattern. Do better, or don't do it at all.

4.70 star(s) 109 Votes