4.70 star(s) 109 Votes

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
but you guys are desperate, if it comes out, it will come out, if not then no, the developer doesn't have that work ethic. There are other fun games too, for example life beyond the laptop screen :)
It is not a problem of despair but of behavior and our opinions may perhaps change something to stem the entry of these useless profiteers who are now more and more often wandering around like ghosts in the market.
No despair just for fun with the hope that it will improve the sector.

Reactions: JoThZ01T

sharpys

May 21, 2017
I do not see future viability anymore with this game now. Maybe several more long-awaited updates then he places it on hold to find new things to pursue; That patreon post does not inspire investor confidence.

• Haha
Reactions: JoThZ01T and FMag

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
Is such a waste when you see games with this potential going down the ICSTOR's path or simply being abandoned like Sarah's Life.
The first release has been beautiful, perfectly balanced, but in my opinion its destiny was already well defined with the "pc catching fire" thing: there was absolutely no reason not to communicate a technical problem to the players, so it was just an excuse.
Right now I'm very low patron, but surely I'll end my subscription; as someone rightly said before, the last post was kinda clear: he's trying to grab as much money as he can and the move on, without caring about his supporters. Sad.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Is such a waste when you see games with this potential going down the ICSTOR's path or simply being abandoned like Sarah's Life.
The first release has been beautiful, perfectly balanced, but in my opinion its destiny was already well defined with the "pc catching fire" thing: there was absolutely no reason not to communicate a technical problem to the players, so it was just an excuse.
Right now I'm very low patron, but surely I'll end my subscription; as someone rightly said before, the last post was kinda clear: he's trying to grab as much money as he can and the move on, without caring about his supporters. Sad.
I suppose there must be some Devs that think that way. Hard for me to understand. But then I totally lack the skills and talent needed to create a game.

royalgabez

Oct 16, 2019
Why shouldn't he have communicated this? At the time people were unhappy about the delayed update so he decided to inform everyone on the situation. Seems reasonable to me.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
Why shouldn't he have communicated this? At the time people were unhappy about the delayed update so he decided to inform everyone on the situation. Seems reasonable to me.
After 2 weeks of silence, people began to ask more and more about the update and finally he admitted that his pc wasn't working, because of the heat
It would be reasonable to who it reasons with, but as you can see this dev is as empty as its answers.
Lost time ...

• Haha
Reactions: JoThZ01T

MrNEKO

Aug 10, 2017
During these Christmas holidays, I had the idea of spending as much time as possible learning to program Renpy!
Full of confidence, even due to the comments that we sometimes read here and there, which say that Renpy programming is a very simple and linear thing!
I actually came across something a little different and found that it's not as linear as it seems, especially if we don't just want a visual novel and if we want the choices to really have an effect throughout the story!
What I can say is that there is no shortage of programmers out there who offer their work for a percentage of earnings!
If Cloudlet were only dedicated to making 3D art, and in that, he demonstrates good taste and dominates, he could deliver the programming to someone who has enough knowledge in exchange for a commission!
Everyone would stand to gain from it and I bet his Patreons number would go up exponentially!
totally agree with you =^_^=

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
During these Christmas holidays, I had the idea of spending as much time as possible learning to program Renpy!
Full of confidence, even due to the comments that we sometimes read here and there, which say that Renpy programming is a very simple and linear thing!
I actually came across something a little different and found that it's not as linear as it seems, especially if we don't just want a visual novel and if we want the choices to really have an effect throughout the story!
What I can say is that there is no shortage of programmers out there who offer their work for a percentage of earnings!
If Cloudlet were only dedicated to making 3D art, and in that, he demonstrates good taste and dominates, he could deliver the programming to someone who has enough knowledge in exchange for a commission!
Everyone would stand to gain from it and I bet his Patreons number would go up exponentially!
Unfortunately your good advice will not change anything because, I think, he is incapable even in this initiative, if anything, as someone wrote, some other dev could steal his idea and make a profit, but even the latter seems unlikely to me.
It is more likely that this game has reached its destination: the graveyard.

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
I'm curious to know how much time did he spend on the first release, because at this rate he must have spent like 1 year
The thing I can give you is the time the first update after the initial release took and that is 53 days.
We are currently at 133 days after the last update and still waiting.
And the fact that the programming seems to take so long is pretty much proof that he is bullshitting everyone.
The only somewhat more complex part is to get the start screen to look and behave like in the unity version but even that can be easily done by simply asking someone who knows Renpy.
And adding all the renders with the dialogue is simple busy work.

4.70 star(s) 109 Votes