4.70 star(s) 109 Votes

david123

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
In software development the last 10% can take as long as the first 90% took to complete (since we tend to put hard things towards the end). That's why any good software developer will stay away from using percentages to represent their progress. So since he had 15% still left Im guessing we still have a long way to wait for next release.

• Haha
Reactions: JoThZ01T

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
In software development the last 10% can take as long as the first 90% took to complete (since we tend to put hard things towards the end). That's why any good software developer will stay away from using percentages to represent their progress. So since he had 15% still left Im guessing we still have a long way to wait for next release.
Programming doesn't work here as an excuse considering that he uses Ren'Py and the game is a kinetic novel.
Programming wouldn't take more than 4 days of work even is he's slow.

david123

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Programming doesn't work here as an excuse considering that he uses Ren'Py and the game is a kinetic novel.
Programming wouldn't take more than 4 days of work even is he's slow.
I didnt mention programming. For his game its mostly asset creation which still is part of software development. And what I said about using percentages to track progress still applies. So he is either a terrible developer and cant even judge his progress or he is very lazy and hasn't made a dent in his last 15% --- or both.

• Haha

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
I didnt mention programming. Software development isnt just about programming - for his game its mostly asset creation which still is part of software development. And what I said about using percentages to track progress still applies.
According to his progress reports the asset creation was finished almost two months ago.

• Haha

david123

Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
According to his progress reports the asset creation was finished almost two months ago.
Right, but we are not sure what is included in his "post" category. He could have lied and he actually isnt done with with his asset creation or it could be testing and final touch ups. Any case what I said about the 15% still applies - if the remaining status is still at 15% it could be months before we see another release.

• Haha

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
Right, but we are not sure what is included in his "post" category. He could have lied and he actually isnt done with with his asset creation or it could be testing and final touch ups. Any case what I said about the 15% still applies - if the remaining status is still at 15% it could be months before we see another release.
I give you a little context when it comes to his development speed.
First update after initial release took him 53 days.
The second update took him 94 days and that with his "computer problems" and currently we are at 148 days with no update in sight.
His last post in his own discord was around 40 days ago and the last post on his Patreon was him basically telling his Patreons to fuck off and leave him alone.
He also already ditched the weekly progress reports he said he would do.
The guy is bullshitting right now and there is no way to justify his behavior.

Apr 9, 2021
I give you a little context when it comes to his development speed.
First update after initial release took him 53 days.
The second update took him 94 days and that with his "computer problems" and currently we are at 148 days with no update in sight.
His last post in his own discord was around 40 days ago and the last post on his Patreon was him basically telling his Patreons to fuck off and leave him alone.
He also already ditched the weekly progress reports he said he would do.
The guy is bullshitting right now and there is no way to justify his behavior.
10 min gameplay

• Haha

Testedtest1

Aug 2, 2020
First; his computer burned down
Next; he is changing codes (we know he is not codding a CRM for sure too. You can solo a CRM in 5 months to make a pretty good demo to costumer if anyone wonder)
Next; He will need another reason that can take him at least a year on milking. Someone must create a poll with some options about what is his next reason. My bet is he will say "moon is so bright at my location that its stopping my computer to render" or "I need to buy a car to make better renders. My computer refuse to render until I have a car" lol

4.70 star(s) 109 Votes