4.70 star(s) 109 Votes

FirstLadyTybalt

Jul 24, 2019
Tried multiple fixes to get it to open on MAC and it just won't.
This fix worked for me on macOS Catalina:

• Right-click the app
• Click Show Package Contents
• Open the Contents folder
• Open the MacOS folder
• Open a new Finder window.
• Go to your Applications folder.
• Open the Utilities folder
• Open Terminal
• Type in (without the quotes) "chmod +x " (note the space after +x)
• Go to the first Finder window without hitting enter in Terminal
• Drag the file with the same name as the app (and without an extension), and drop it into the Terminal window.
• Click on the Terminal window and hit enter.

Then you should have permission to open it.

MrDeadRat

Oct 26, 2017
I like a lot of things about this, but there is something that bothers me. There is no game. This is a story. A story told from different perspectives, basically a movie. But instead of being a movie, I have to click on the screen to progress to the next frame. And I understand that VNs are basically that, but still, many of them have some choices, most of them actually, sometimes there is sandbox (which I hate), sometimes there are puzzles. Anyway there are a lot of ways to make it a game, but this is completely linear, you can't affect Jessica, you can't affect David, and you can't affect the kid. There is nothing you can do but watch the story.
And since that is the case, why not use renpy? Or any other engine that is easier to use for a simple VN, you wouldn't have to make things life save slots, etc. They are there. Just drop your renders and text, and you have a game. You could say its for yourself, to improve your programming or whatever, but in that case, experiment with some actual game elements. It feels half baked in every aspect, besides maybe the renders. The story is fine, but the progression is either too slow or too fast, and I can't quite put my finger on it. The renders aren't realistic, but they shouldn't be, I like her body despite it being really weird. But it fells like there nothing actually there.
I don't know maybe in 4-5 updates something will change, and I will keep my eye on it, but it just feels like a waste of a potentially great game.

Reactions: guedes737

MightyMack

Oct 31, 2020
Oh wow I loved this. I was going to sub to this on SS. But checking the SS posts they seem to have a lot of unfortunate setbacks and now basically saying "you'll get it when you get it" attitude

Mountaingamer

Nov 10, 2018
This fix worked for me on macOS Catalina:

• Right-click the app
• Click Show Package Contents
• Open the Contents folder
• Open the MacOS folder
• Open a new Finder window.
• Go to your Applications folder.
• Open the Utilities folder
• Open Terminal
• Type in (without the quotes) "chmod +x " (note the space after +x)
• Go to the first Finder window without hitting enter in Terminal
• Drag the file with the same name as the app (and without an extension), and drop it into the Terminal window.
• Click on the Terminal window and hit enter.

Then you should have permission to open it.
Thanks for the clear steps ! This worked for me

Maou25

May 18, 2019
He was mentioned to be 19 by David when Jessica asked about putting MC in school. I laughed. 19? he doesn't look 19. He doesn't act like 19 years old either.
I think he is 19 bc patreon policy but he is supposed to be a kid, he cant be adopted if he is 19 i mean he is an adult

4.70 star(s) 109 Votes