Unity True Facials [v0.5 Pro] [HenryTaiwan]

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes

Zabutnik

Dec 31, 2019

well, there's a new post on patreon, along with version 0.42.
Basic gist of it is, it's apparently got better performance, bug fixes, graphical upgrades, and a more efficient way to add maps and characters, and by that I mean "without needing a whole damn version release". Oh, speaking of which, Primrose, Jill Valentine and Tracer are in the game now, so that's fun.
The public model porting, which would be something for players to maybe add models themselves like a mod of sorts had to be put on hold, it seems. That's too bad.

It's also got a public demo, which after a quick check, seems to be basically the Standard version, except there's only Primrose and a Default Male with crusader helmet, and even if you wanted to you can't add characters and maps here, since it lacks the appropriate folder. It also has only seven poses.
From the demo, I can attest that the performance is MILES superior. Like holy shit, it's the smoothest thing since butter.

Anyway, anything else about the game I'd need to have a paid version to talk about, and I'm a broke dude. Though I'm more than willing to wait. This is a good project, though, so I would like it if the upstanding citizens here gave it a bit of time before sharing stuff for free. Out of a minimum of respect, or just because I feel bad for the guy? I dunno. He's doing God's work, though.
Don't forget classic Mercy. and Quiet I think is on her way too.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The Complexity of the Demo was lowered now Primerose is not as overall Complex as Areith was
this also is most of the Performance Boost for now

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

CumRag1102

Feb 22, 2020
The Complexity of the Demo was lowered now Primerose is not as overall Complex as Areith was
this also is most of the Performance Boost for now

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
same as with valheims massive downgrade in terrain building.
hey some plebs with a 2nd gen i3 and integrated graphics have bad performance.
please cripple the game and make it much worse so they can run it with 5 instead of 4 fps.

a man can't have a steak because a baby can't chew it.

• Angry
Reactions: camnog and hitman11

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
same as with valheims massive downgrade in terrain building.
hey some plebs with a 2nd gen i3 and integrated graphics have bad performance.
please cripple the game and make it much worse so they can run it with 5 instead of 4 fps.

a man can't have a steak because a baby can't chew it.
You are overreacting, I have a good pc and even my pc had performance problems with this game.

Ellano7

Sep 22, 2018
My RTX 3070 was pushing the fans like it is burning alive...the game definitely needed some tweaks. Glad he went this way.

Reactions: camnog

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
Hmmm.. Just made a little test, and overclocking the GPU doesn't produce any change (normally gives a + 10-12%)
anyways let's see the new ver.

Apr 7, 2019
I really don't see a difference between the graphical quality between the new version and the previous one. What I do notice is how fluid the movements now are, the lack of lag, and how my computer no longer is noisier than when I play Tekken. I consider it a net improvement. I honestly don't know how you can even tell if it looks worse or not

CumRag1102

Feb 22, 2020
Everyone except you doesn't give a fuck about trading 2 pixels for a much needed significant performance boost.
no need to defend something stupid just because you have some kind of brand loyalty for a game where you bust a nut once in a while.

at least you speak for 8 billion people.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
no need to defend something stupid just because you have some kind of brand loyalty for a game where you bust a nut once in a while.

at least you speak for 8 billion people.
Notice statistics in the top left corners of the pictures. I got almost double performance for a downgrade in graphics that I don't even notice. This is stupid now? If anything is stupid here it is you talking about brand loyalty in a pirate forum. Btw, it's called optimization and it is not magic. There will be downgrades only a few elitists like you'll be able to see and rest of us 99% of the people will just enjoy increased performance and won't even notice any downgrade.

reigan

Sep 21, 2018
Notice statistics in the top left corners of the pictures. I got almost double performance for a downgrade in graphics that I don't even notice. This is stupid now? If anything is stupid here it is you talking about brand loyalty in a pirate forum. Btw, it's called optimization and it is not magic. There will be downgrades only a few elitists like you'll be able to see and rest of us 99% of the people will just enjoy increased performance and won't even notice any downgrade.
Looking at these pictures, the difference is noticable, but the drop ain't too bad. Plus FPS is welcomed. When people seriously start milking the one eyed cobra they not gonna notice it anyways. :BootyTime:

Apr 7, 2019
There's no expectation over when the new version will drop here. It depends completely of the goodwill of someone who actually paid the patreon subscription to set up a download and post it here. That can take less than a day, or literally forever. I'm fine with waiting, since I have no disposable income.

Reactions: JhonLui

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
Do you really see a difference? Maybe my vision is starting to go. Guess they were right about excess masturbation making you go blind
Zooming in resolution, texture and normals look identical
You ain't blind no worries or we both are o-o

loler69

Jan 13, 2020
After playing the demo, the "downgrade" is definitely noticeable, but i think its for multiple reasons, the main one being that the map we're playing on has literally no extra light and the characters are in the shadows, if you put them in the sunlight they really do look better.

That being said i would prefer a bit less of the subsurface scattering, i think its slightly too much, and seeing what Henry has done with the shaders is awesome, it looks like he made it only do half renders and leave this pretty cool looking comic-like shadows on the characters. The fact that the game runs smooth af is amazing, cant wait to play on the pro version, i really want to compare the performance of the old maps

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes