Unity True Facials [v0.5 Pro] [HenryTaiwan]

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes
Apr 7, 2019
After playing the demo, the "downgrade" is definitely noticeable, but i think its for multiple reasons, the main one being that the map we're playing on has literally no extra light and the characters are in the shadows, if you put them in the sunlight they really do look better.

That being said i would prefer a bit less of the subsurface scattering, i think its slightly too much, and seeing what Henry has done with the shaders is awesome, it looks like he made it only do half renders and leave this pretty cool looking comic-like shadows on the characters. The fact that the game runs smooth af is amazing, cant wait to play on the pro version, i really want to compare the performance of the old maps
Honestly, I much prefer that classroom map. The ones of the Bar and Tifa's room always seemed too dark. Now it's actually bright, and i don't need to finesse towards a light source or outside the rooms to actually be able to see the characters out of a dimly lit environment.

Reactions: El Bromas (2019)

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
After playing the demo, the "downgrade" is definitely noticeable, but i think its for multiple reasons, the main one being that the map we're playing on has literally no extra light and the characters are in the shadows, if you put them in the sunlight they really do look better.

That being said i would prefer a bit less of the subsurface scattering, i think its slightly too much, and seeing what Henry has done with the shaders is awesome, it looks like he made it only do half renders and leave this pretty cool looking comic-like shadows on the characters. The fact that the game runs smooth af is amazing, cant wait to play on the pro version, i really want to compare the performance of the old maps
The Lighting is less complex also if it is being percepted as more complex, though this also makes up a good light designer that knows how to make it right ;)
Higher Luminance is mostly percepted as nicer as well.
Though others prefer Hollywood style Contrast it also always depends on your assets balance inside of the light and a very important part here is the Hair as well.

Primerose and 2B have low complexity hair while Aerith has a higher complexity hair result which also accounts for the render time in it's shading complexity where Primerose hair and 2Bs being more flat than anything else and aren't catching really any light nor shadows.
Apart of that Mesh complexity is different

These characters really all have different Goals in mind by it's Developers and Henry isn't their Developer and neither did he developed any of those assets.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Perception wise the Resolution Balance as well the overall texture quality of the environment here was improved

The overall Shading complexity is lower until we don't can compare the differences 1 on 1 that Performance boost achievement is to be seen with a big questionmark.

Overall the complexity Performance Ratio for the Render result alone is far from impressive

Last edited:
Reactions: DamnedDude

spazz

Sep 15, 2017
Words can not express how happy I am Henry came back to this project. It literally puts all other 3D games to shame. I hope one day it gets big enough that these other devs follow suit and realize the awesome shit they can create instead of just rehashing the same VNs over and over. Cheers to the future of True Facials!

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
We already see a new Generation of VNs, growing up.
But you are right their are very few to none which integrate interaction yet well they are mostly very linear click yourself through passive story telling experiences.
Though you can't absolutely not compare True Facials with that deeper side of things and a compare with a VN wouldn't hold stand at all yet.

I really wonder why it Puts every other 3D Game into shame in your View that's very arguable there are some aspects which are unique but most aren't and the target only on Artificial Hentai could be seen by some also as very negative.
Especialy with 0 unique characters self designed.

Last edited:
Reactions: spazz

spazz

Sep 15, 2017
We already see a new Generation of VNs, growing up.
But you are right their are very few to none which integrate interaction yet well they are mostly very linear click yourself through passive story telling experiences.
Though you can't absolutely not compare True Facials with that deeper side of things and a compare with a VN wouldn't hold stand at all yet.
Very true! I didn't mean to badmouth all VNs, I definitely enjoy them from time to time. Its just so refreshing to play something that gives you so much control. For example, I'd love to see a VN where your typical 3DCG 'encounter' is replaced with a fully controllable event, similar to this game.

Its all love fam, from one cultured gent to another :giggle:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
And yeah what you expect here in a Future VN in this encounter or even overall throughout entirely compared to a non interactive animation that is the strong core of True Facials but not only True Facials.
The interesting part and momentum of True Facials was it's Cum results but this is now slowly gonna fade away as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And it doesn't matter who sits there if it's Tifa,Tracer or whoever Humanoid or non.

Last edited:
Reactions: spazz

Ev0lutioN55

Oct 4, 2021
The developer has already released version V 0.42 pro of the game, any predictions for when they will post it here?

SpecLurker

Jun 13, 2017
This is pretty much a leak-content subthread. I'll get paid in a few days and will post the links after I make the purchase, if no one else beats me to the punch.
I'm getting paid tomorrow so I decided I didn't want to wait

the characters are mods which I'm downloading at the moment so wait for that.
EDIT: Here we go
Mods:

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019
I'm getting paid tomorrow so I decided I didn't want to wait

the characters are mod which I'm downloading at the moment so wait for that.
EDIT: Here we go
Mods: PIXELDRAIN
first of all, bless you your a savior.
and secondly, could you upload the mods again, pixeldrain doesnt work for me

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes