Unity True Facials [v0.5 Pro] [HenryTaiwan]

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes
Feb 28, 2019
How do the modded characters work? As in, how were they added into the game? I wanna test to see if I can import a 3d character and then copy and paste the extra stuff that was included in a previous mod. I don't know much about game development, mod development, or programming, but I want to see if it's just that easy. Even though the dev hasn't released any mod tools, I want to see if I can Jury-rig a mod.

The game engine is unity. The models are all stored in the mods folder and in theory a name-swap is all it takes to replace them with each other.

The file extension is .tfa but I wager you *could* jury-rig something with a unity editor if you're inclined enough.

Fargius999

Apr 15, 2021
They are just regular unity asset files. I don't think the .tfa is an actual file type, probably just stands for true facials assets or something. You can open and edit them like unity mods using something like or .
That's all I know really, I'm not smart enough to actually mod anything but nice to know it's possible.
View attachment 1585288

hue-hue-hue.jpg

Reactions: oofoof1

bruhbruh77

Nov 24, 2020
Though, the files in the mod folder are all character files, and if removed, the character is removed as well. They're all some file type called .tfa, which is probably a custom type meaning "True Facials Asset". If, MAYBE, a cool smart person could edit and modify these files in a way that it because easy to add new models in the game, that would be really neat.
Yeah they're making characters modular, with the hopes of moddability coming soon(tm)

bruhbruh77

Nov 24, 2020
As a side note, there appears to be a glitch if you've lowered the resolution via the 1-3 keys on an older version of the game.

I played 0.41a and turned my res down to lowest. Then I run 0.42a and my lowest resolution on 0.41a is my highest resolution on 0.42a.

So, I had to fish 0.41a out of the recycle bin, bump up the settings, then play 0.42a as normal.

So just a heads up if your game looks like shit lol

reigan

Sep 21, 2018
I had different values in my registry compared to my monitor resolution. I've changed it to native but I didn't see any difference.
Then I changed to 720x480 just to have a really low resolution for comparison, still nothing.

But I'm guessing that is thanks to the "use native" setting in the registry. I had it on "1", so it forces the game to be 1440p for me, regardless of what values I set.

hieiyyh

Jul 17, 2019
is there a way to open the default unity player configuration menu before opening the game? (change resolution, quality etc...)

Reactions: Smithe

pjaiisnmaa

Jul 28, 2021
does the characters in the mod folder mean that people are now able to extract and drop characters from other games?
that would be amazing , much like how Honey Select and Koikatsu lives from its modding comunity

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes