Unity True Facials [v0.5 Pro] [HenryTaiwan]

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes

SpecLurker

Jun 13, 2017
Looks like we can call this project officially dead. No posts on patreon for 2 months. Wpuldn't be surprised if he was silent in Discord as well. (I did support him for sth like 40 days and he didn't post a single thing in Disc.)
Tbh that's very sad.
I mean I wouldn't be completely sure viperv had a long delay period before updating divine arms, and locjaw just come out with an update post at the end of July, after not posting shit since February.

frsteigleder

Dec 10, 2017
I don't believe, True Facials is dead. :unsure: In spring , I took a holiday break of 46 days from work and did not announce it to many colleges. So I guess, I'm not the only one who breaks his way w/o talking bout his destination. :)

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
I don't believe, True Facials is dead. :unsure: In spring , I took a holiday break of 46 days from work and did not announce it to many colleges. So I guess, I'm not the only one who breaks his way w/o talking bout his destination. :)
a distinct possibility, but it would mean he doesn't even own a phone

TwitchyStick

Mar 25, 2020
Why are you comparing your situation with this one when they couldn't be more different? You took a holiday break, unless you told your boss you'd be gone you would not have had a job to come back to.. Henry is PAID by fans, not talking to them about even a tiny update or sign of progress is not an acceptable way to deal with those fans..

To make a comparison, your boss paid you and as such, you got paid or unpaid leave to have a holiday break.
Henry is paid by us, the fans. We deserve to know, just like you informed your boss about your leave, how things are going and if it's still worth it for us to keep investing.

This isn't an attack towards you, nor Henry.. I'm just correcting a fault in logic, regardless of who would make it.
I get that we're all fans here and by all means, keep dedicating your passion towards projects that excite you! Developers need your support so I'd be a fool to deny them that. However, taking their side over EVERY lack of professional attitude is not healthy either. Not for your mental development and certainly not for your bank-account.

Stay safe everyone!

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
Why are you comparing your situation with this one when they couldn't be more different? You took a holiday break, unless you told your boss you'd be gone you would not have had a job to come back to.. Henry is PAID by fans, not talking to them about even a tiny update or sign of progress is not an acceptable way to deal with those fans..

To make a comparison, your boss paid you and as such, you got paid or unpaid leave to have a holiday break.
Henry is paid by us, the fans. We deserve to know, just like you informed your boss about your leave, how things are going and if it's still worth it for us to keep investing.

This isn't an attack towards you, nor Henry.. I'm just correcting a fault in logic, regardless of who would make it.
I get that we're all fans here and by all means, keep dedicating your passion towards projects that excite you! Developers need your support so I'd be a fool to deny them that. However, taking their side over EVERY lack of professional attitude is not healthy either. Not for your mental development and certainly not for your bank-account.

Stay safe everyone!
I think he was referring to the virus lockdown

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

TwitchyStick

Mar 25, 2020
I think he was referring to the virus lockdown
As I mentioned in all my replies, no offense was intended. I apologize if it didn't come across that way but aside from that, my point remains the same :) We're all affected by that lockdown and it's essential for all of us to have our financials close to heart, not many can say they have the luxury of not having to worry about their money or income. If any time would be the right one to get your financials in order, now is it. As such, spending money on a developer who shows a complete lack of communication towards the people paying his bills seems even more ridiculous considering..

Just to state the obvious again, these replies ONLY matter if Henry is in good health himself and for whichever reason just refuses to make the time. While I don't endorse it, should he ask for his patreons to remain because he's having health-issues, I think many wouldn't mind pitching in. Regardless of it being the truth or not.

I'm losing track again so before I write up yet another wall of text, please know I only replied with the intent of bringing a rational view in this conversation. I may have failed, I may not, maybe I've offended or people agreed with me, I don't really mind either way. From the beginning I wanted to state our right to questioning the situation because I see people getting shot down as soon as they take a stance that doesn't 100% back up Henry. Doubt is reasonable here and everyone deserves their chance to voice it, fans and doubters alike.

If not for that reason, think of your wallet and the impact this may have a little further down the line.
Considering I've spent a bit of time typing these replies I'm pretty sure I said what I needed to say. I wish you all the best and may you stay safe, healthy and well. Take care!

Last edited:

frsteigleder

Dec 10, 2017
:D No prob, that's no offense in any way. Maybe I'm too optimistic about the things to come. But a project like this, still so much potential for more, looks different (maybe only to me) from those myriads of abandoned projects, you find all around here.

Mattia.Heron

Mar 19, 2018
So I was really excited about this game, the idea of importing custom characters and stuff, its clearly grinded to a halt and I found a way fucking better game that can have all the characters I want. Sadly this is fucked

Reactions: JINBLADE
Jan 11, 2018
i mean come on look at this tell me you dont want this guys lol just look at the hair and cloths physics that alone made me want to get this game lol.

but anyways im done here unless ppl want help with something PEACE!!
wasnt it for vr only?

Jul 7, 2019
So I was really excited about this game, the idea of importing custom characters and stuff, its clearly grinded to a halt and I found a way fucking better game that can have all the characters I want. Sadly this is fucked
what game did you find that has all the characters you want?

3.90 star(s) 43 Votes