5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DvntAI

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2023
Hi all, for me the animations freeze all the time and are not smooth. Is there a way to fix this?
That's odd? Maybe a video in my code didn't close when playing another, which could cause the lag. Can you save a certain scene, far into the game, then exit the game, and then return and load back the scene? If it's still laggy, then it's not the error I guessed.

P.S if you download the compressed version, that's not made by me so maybe the video format or something making you lag.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019
That's odd? Maybe a video in my code didn't close when playing another, which could cause the lag. Can you save a certain scene, far into the game, then exit the game, and then return and load back the scene? If it's still laggy, then it's not the error I guessed.

P.S if you download the compressed version, that's not made by me so maybe the video format or something making you lag.
I honestly downloaded the compressed version. I checked and playing the game brings my CPU to 100 causing playback lags and freezes. It can't be the PC, I'll try to download the original version and try.
Thanks for the reply.

DvntAI

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2023
Unfortunately nothing, I can't play it. I'm sorry but I can't play it.
What's your computer specs? All the videos are 1080p webm format... Do you have 1080p monitor? Maybe 720p? might work? Does it become choppy at the first scene? Or later on? Could be a memory leak in the game?

DvntAI

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2023
The same thing. When animation starts - 100% cpu, animations freeze, everything starts to slow down terribly, the mouse - ping over 9000 ( most worst at scene with lambert and ciri peeking geralt and triss) (both original and compressed). I had a hard time closing the game, when I made the game window very small, the situation improved slightly, and I was able to close the game
Copy this and paste it on over game/events/chapter_1.rpy

See if that works?

DvntAI

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2023
sorry but not much better. 1-st scene goes not so bad, still freezing cpu~75 but progress continues, but 2-nd scene, with yen in bath, mostly the same cpu 100, hard freeze ... The more intense the animation, the more it lags (original game, not compressed)
copy and paste this in /game

EDIT1:eek:ops, wrong file.

EDIT2: fixed.

Last edited:

DvntAI

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2023
Can you tell me a specific scene or moment where you are lagging, so I can look into it?

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Game is very laggy and not smoth at all in terms of animations, and sometimes they skip frames, i had to quit it, because it was unplayable. I downloaded the full version.
My screen is 2K.
My graphic card is a Intel Iris 550

DvntAI

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2023
Game is very laggy and not smoth at all in terms of animations, and sometimes they skip frames, i had to quit it, because it was unplayable. I downloaded the full version.
My screen is 2K.
My graphic card is a Intel Iris 550
Sorry to hear that.

And thanks for the feedback. Next build i'm moving away from webm, and video formats to make it more optimized and easier for you guys to play. It'll take a lot of work, even tho this is my first renpy game and I'm learning as I develop.

Regards
DvntAi

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Sorry to hear that.

And thanks for the feedback. Next build i'm moving away from webm, and video formats to make it more optimized and easier for you guys to play. It'll take a lot of work, even tho this is my first renpy game and I'm learning as I develop.

Regards
DvntAi
The game looks awesome, i loved the design. It was a shame about the framerate

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Why did all of the characters get turned into dwarves? The dialogue paperdoll images are squashed to make them fit, making them far more compact (e.g. short and fat) than they should actually be. Like, c'mon. If you're making this to capture Witcher fans, don't make Geralt look like a chode...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote