VN Ren'Py Tune in to the Show [Ep. 6] [RobertDeadth]

4.00 star(s) 51 Votes

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Cute characters, katherine is a total babe.. hope we see more of her.. Story idea is a good one and (unless i havent got that far yet) my only real critique is you could use some quality animations in this.. given the subject matter i dont think static image renders will work 24/7.. has promise and will hold off on a review till next update to see what improvments are made

• Red Heart
Reactions: RobertDeadth

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
This is actually really quite good.. its almost a shame tht its a limited series (the 30 days) as theres quite a lot of potential

• Red Heart

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Dont worry this is just my mind anticipating future content not suggestions lol... Day 28.. zombie apocalypse occurs outside the walls and the big brother house is the only safe space.. for now lol (yes i know thats basically 'Dead Set' movie lol).... Day 15 in order to shake up ratings more men are added to the house to interfere and compete against the mc's affections for his harem..... Aaaaaaaaan now we get all the anti ntr haters chime in below lol

• Angry
Reactions: EJW and hysepReC

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Dont worry this is just my mind anticipating future content not suggestions lol... Day 28.. zombie apocalypse occurs outside the walls and the big brother house is the only safe space.. for now lol (yes i know thats basically 'Dead Set' movie lol).... Day 15 in order to shake up ratings more men are added to the house to interfere and compete against the mc's affections for his harem..... Aaaaaaaaan now we get all the anti ntr haters chime in below lol
I wouldn't want you to be disappointed, so I'll chime in.

That would be a perfect example of what makes the three-letter tag so hated even over other "worse" tags. Games with no hint of it getting it dropped in. Lucky RobertDeath has made it clear that won't happen, but it so often does. No other tag has that happen. No one drops unexpected necrophilia or bestiality in a game without warning mid-way into the game's life.

I chimed in, so now no one else needs to.

As a slightly more on topic comment, having a zombie apocalypse (or some other disaster) be the reason the harem continues could be funny. I do hope the harem keeps going after the show ends or that whatever the overall plot is it is one that makes the harem keep going. We know something more is going on, and it would be kind of interesting if it was someone (Richard maybe) knowing the world is ending so he set this up to help save humanity through the characters in the show. :unsure:

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
I wouldn't want you to be disappointed, so I'll chime in.

That would be a perfect example of what makes the three-letter tag so hated even over other "worse" tags. Games with no hint of it getting it dropped in. Lucky RobertDeath has made it clear that won't happen, but it so often does. No other tag has that happen. No one drops unexpected necrophilia or bestiality in a game without warning mid-way into the game's life.

I chimed in, so now no one else needs to.

As a slightly more on topic comment, having a zombie apocalypse (or some other disaster) be the reason the harem continues could be funny. I do hope the harem keeps going after the show ends or that whatever the overall plot is it is one that makes the harem keep going. We know something more is going on, and it would be kind of interesting if it was someone (Richard maybe) knowing the world is ending so he set this up to help save humanity through the characters in the show. :unsure:
i didnt say i WANT ntr in this just that it seemed like a plot twist that could happen (in most scenario's) But yes the zombie scenario is already a live action mini series in the UK called DEAD SET with the UK Big Brother house serving as the 'safe haven' for its contestants while hell breaks loose outside the walls leading some of the producers and such having to enter the house as well (enter katherine) until the outbreak reaches the house and a housemate is also bit and the survival then becomes internal as well as suspicion as to who is infected.. wont spoil the ending but to say its not a happy one

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
additionally the Maya in this reminds me of the tv version of mortal instruments (Shadowhunters) Clare/Clarie.. aka katherine Mcnamara

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JoeTheMC84

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
i didnt say i WANT ntr in this just that it seemed like a plot twist that could happen (in most scenario's) But yes the zombie scenario is already a live action mini series in the UK called DEAD SET with the UK Big Brother house serving as the 'safe haven' for its contestants while hell breaks loose outside the walls leading some of the producers and such having to enter the house as well (enter katherine) until the outbreak reaches the house and a housemate is also bit and the survival then becomes internal as well as suspicion as to who is infected.. wont spoil the ending but to say its not a happy one
I didn't assume you were saying you wanted it.

I wasn't familiar with Dead Set, sounds like it might be an interesting show. I would imagine that in a game like this the ending would either be left open or happier than it sounds like that one ends up being. If for no other reason than most people in the real world that join a show like big brother aren't exactly the best people (better for rating if they are all mostly assholes and such), while here everyone seems not only to be good people but also the kind that would be decent at surviving together.

Reactions: Crowangel

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
I didn't assume you were saying you wanted it.

I wasn't familiar with Dead Set, sounds like it might be an interesting show. I would imagine that in a game like this the ending would either be left open or happier than it sounds like that one ends up being. If for no other reason than most people in the real world that join a show like big brother aren't exactly the best people (better for rating if they are all mostly assholes and such), while here everyone seems not only to be good people but also the kind that would be decent at surviving together.
agreed on the class of people here.. also the terms of the show differ from BB thankfully.. no majority vote or audience at home vote for elimination... (i could see that being unpopular if your fav girl was evicted) also yeah the only way the Zombie way would work is if they survived together to be part of the 'last hope for humankind' scenario

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
in a new revelation i seem to judge a game by how many times during its reading i feel like clicking over to my Taonga game tab.. So far only once during the lengthy character self intro/get to know dinner scene..... you on the right track lol

• Haha
Reactions: JoeTheMC84

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
OK OK (joe pesci lethal weapon 2 improv)... how about celebrity guest stars coming to the house to boost ratings... and by celebs.. i actually mean guest star cameo's from other VN's... sage from being a dik.. ce ce from leap of faith.. Jaye from Chasing Sunsets.. DJ KINK from Artemis or her real world identity.. Lexi (international pop sensation from Leap of faith) Lily the stripper from Being a Dik... the list is endless but could also be good for your tale as ive seen these pop up in other VNs as cameo's so the original creators are open to sharing the characters

For that matter doesnt have to be as a housmate.. maybe the execs decide to have a concert to boost ratings and ask DJ KInk and Lexi D to do a concert for the house and audience at home (once it airs)

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
ok last post for now in case im accused of being spam happy lol.. I saw it briefly in the maya hug but.. and please dont take this as a demand more as a suggestion from what i've seen in countless VNs.. in this project (whatever look you go for) make sure the mc has a physical presence in your game.. to capture the emotion and romance you want in this title he needs to be present.. too often dev's go for the Pucker up the girl to the camera when it can look far better and emotional to have someone there to actually play off against

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Are there any player choices? Doesn't feel like it. I don't see a kinetic tag so they must just be very VERY irregular...especially for what is supposed to be a dating sim.

Reactions: Mpkstroff

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
There aren't many choices in Episode 1, but there are more choices from Episode 2 onwards :)
i can get that sense of logic.. that way people aint going to just go one route from the start and actually HAVE to learn a bit more about the choices before you get to start making them.. otherwise there might be a hidden gem of a character tht never gets explored for whatever the viewers personal choice tastes

• Red Heart

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
There aren't many choices in Episode 1, but there are more choices from Episode 2 onwards :)
Alright, fair enough cheers for answering :)
i can get that sense of logic.. that way people aint going to just go one route from the start and actually HAVE to learn a bit more about the choices before you get to start making them.. otherwise there might be a hidden gem of a character tht never gets explored for whatever the viewers personal choice tastes
You can still give the player choices as to how they interact with the girls from the very start. By choices I literally mean even dialogue options. The MC is interacting nicely with all of them and being quite the gentlemen and is being moulded that way because of it without any input from the player, so it makes any player agency that comes in to it later not seem as legitimate if that makes any sense. It's fair enough if the developer wants the MC to be a certain way, but player agency is quite appreciated in VN's that aren't kinetic. Also, since the MC's face isn't shown and he seems to be quite "blank slate" it gives all the more reason to have those choices.

Last edited:

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021

You can still give the player choices as to how they interact with the girls from the very start. By choices I literally mean even dialogue options. The MC is interacting nicely with all of them and being quite the gentlemen and is being moulded that way because of it without any input from the player, so it makes any player agency that comes in to it later not seem as legitimate if that makes any sense. It's fair enough if the developer wants the MC to be a certain way, but player agency is quite appreciated in VN's that aren't kinetic. Also, since the MC's face isn't shown and he seems to be quite "blank slate" it gives all the more reason to have those choices.
you mean you wanna role into the house and be 'Whassssssup Bitches' lol

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018

Yeah, it's a fair point. The choices in the game will mostly influence the relationships the MC has with the other characters, but there won't be different "paths" so to speak that completely change the personality of the MC himself. While, of course, it would be nice to have many many choices and branching paths, it would also increase my workload tremendously, and I don't really think I'm ready for that with my current, pretty small, experience. I'm also planning on actually finishing this game and not working on it forever, so I'm trying not to overwhelm myself too much. You can choose whether your relationship with every character will be sexual/romantic or not, so that already changes the game for different players quite a bit, so I'll be focusing on that mostly in this game.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Yeah, it's a fair point. The choices in the game will mostly influence the relationships the MC has with the other characters, but there won't be different "paths" so to speak that completely change the personality of the MC himself. While, of course, it would be nice to have many many choices and branching paths, it would also increase my workload tremendously, and I don't really think I'm ready for that with my current, pretty small, experience. I'm also planning on actually finishing this game and not working on it forever, so I'm trying not to overwhelm myself too much. You can choose whether your relationship with every character will be sexual/romantic or not, so that already changes the game for different players quite a bit, so I'll be focusing on that mostly in this game.
to be fair that stuff you can implement in future updates too.. be it how he handles specific 'games' approaches to situations in the house or even during sex wether he opts to be passionate and tender or dominating and rough..

Side Question - Episode 2 - Is there any significance to who drives the car.. just asking in case it reflects to a sub or dom role lol

4.00 star(s) 51 Votes