VN Ren'Py Tune in to the Show [Ep. 7] [RobertDeadth]

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone, it's time for another weekly update!
This week was pretty good and I managed to do plenty of work.
First, regarding Episode 6 of "Tune in to the show" - I'm working on the last scene of the in-game day 9. This week, I created 67 new renders and wrote 650 words of the script. Additionally, I created the first animation (120 frames) of this update. This was my first time creating an animation with 3 characters in it and I have to say, it's difficult and time-consuming. Still, I'm pretty happy with the result, so hopefully, it'll be worth the effort. Next week, I'll finish this scene and create either 2 or 3 more animations. I'm hoping to be done with the in-game day 9 by the next weekend.
And when it comes to my other game, "An Evening of Wonders" - I created 31 new renders this week and wrote 1,250 words of the script. The progress is steady and the game is slowly taking shape so I'm optimistic about the release date being around February or March.
Anyway, that's all for this week's post. Things are going well overall, thank you so much for your support and reading! I hope your week was great,
RobertDeadth

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

First of all, thank you for the messages of support under last week's update, I really appreciate it a lot. Things have been difficult, especially at the start of this week, but it's getting a bit better every day and I managed to do some decent work this week.
The thing I'm most pleased about is the fact that for the in-game day 9, I did what I usually do just before the release, meaning I put all of the script into Ren'Py, got all of the renders into the game, and made sure everything is working well. So, when I'm done with the in-game day 10 and preparing for the release, I'll have much less work.
Additionally, I made 25 new renders and one 120-frame animation which I'm pretty happy with. Next week, I'll hopefully be back to the usual productivity and continue working on the in-game day 10.
That's all for this week, thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope you're all having a happy holiday season,
RobertDeadth

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

This was a pretty decent week all things considered.
When it comes to "Tune in to the show", I decided to expand the last scene of in-game day 9 a little bit by adding 3 additional animations. It's the first 18+ scene in the game involving 3 characters, so I wanted to put some more work into it cause I wasn't completely satisfied with how it turned out at first. Apart from that, I also created 30 new renders and did some writing for in-game day 10. I'll be completely done with in-game day 9 tomorrow, and then all of my focus will finally be on in-game day 10.
And when it comes to "An Evening of Wonders" - I managed to make 21 new renders this week, but my focus was on creating the basic stuff for the game itself - I worked on getting everything I had done earlier into an actual playable Ren'Py project. I created the main menu screen, chose a nice font for the game, etc. I'm not the biggest fan of this side of the job, but it had do be done eventually so I'm pretty happy about having it done.
Anyhow, I guess that's all for this week's post. I'm writing this while hearing a lot of people partying in the apartament building and the area, so it's quite difficult to focus :p
Thank you all so much for your support throughout the entire year, I love and appreciate you all, stay safe out there and may 2024 be a great year for everybody,
RobertDeadth

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

This was a pretty good week all things considered. My mental state is getting better and productivity is increasing.
With the in-game day 9 finally completely done, my focus switched to writing the script of in-game day 10. I managed to write a bit over 2,000 words this week, which is basically around 25% of the whole in-game day done, so I'm happy with the progress. Next week, I'll focus on creating renders for what I've written this week.
Anyhow, with 2024 now underway, I wanted to share some of my plans for the close future so you know what to expect. Firstly, the next release will definitely be Episode 6 of "Tune in to the show". After that, I'm hoping to release "An Evening of Wonders" on Steam and here. Following that, my focus will be on Episode 7 of "Tune in to the show". I was planning on trying to add an in-game gallery with that update, we'll see how that goes. If the release of "An Evening of Wonders" on Steam goes well, I'll invest in a proper high-end PC in order to make the work easier, faster, and higher quality, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the game does well. Those are the plans for the first couple of months of 2024, I'll keep you all updated if anything changes.
Anyway, that's all for this week, thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week has been great,
RobertDeadth

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Here's a new preview from Episode 6:

6e292.png

Also, a quick update for you all - work is going fairly well, I'm now working on in-game day 10 (the second in-game day of Episode 6). The last few weeks have been a bit slower because of some real-life issues (my ex-fiancee and I broke up after more than 4 years together), but I'm getting myself together and things are progressing quickly again. There is no specific release date yet, but I'm hoping for late-ish February. We'll see how it goes.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

This was a great week when it comes to productivity. First of all, the work on Episode 6 of Tune in to the show is going very well. I created 87 new renders this week, which means that the first big scene of in-game day 10 is already completed. I also wrote 1,700 words of the script. Currently, I'm working on the second major scene of the in-game day 10 (out of 4 big scenes overall). I think I should be able to finish the second scene next week and that's what I'll be focusing on.
I also managed to work on An Evening of Wonders, creating 31 new renders. I aim to get some writing done next week to keep the progress going.
From other things, my 25th birthday is tomorrow so I'll get a bit of rest I guess. This will be a bit of a weird one, but hopefully, I'll be able to celebrate the next birthday in a better real-life situation.
Anyhow, that's all for this week. Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,
RobertDeadth

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Here's a new preview from Episode 6:

View attachment 3247599

Also, a quick update for you all - work is going fairly well, I'm now working on in-game day 10 (the second in-game day of Episode 6). The last few weeks have been a bit slower because of some real-life issues (my ex-fiancee and I broke up after more than 4 years together), but I'm getting myself together and things are progressing quickly again. There is no specific release date yet, but I'm hoping for late-ish February. We'll see how it goes.
I feel ya, my ex girlfriend of 3 years left me in May, it sucks, take time to for yourself to heal. Hopefully you are young enugh to get back out there. I'm in my 60's, its not so easy for me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RobertDeadth

SpatulaPie

Apr 21, 2023
From other things, my 25th birthday is tomorrow so I'll get a bit of rest I guess. This will be a bit of a weird one, but hopefully, I'll be able to celebrate the next birthday in a better real-life situation.
Anyhow, that's all for this week. Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,
RobertDeadth
Happy Birthday / Level up day

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone, it's time for another weekly update! A short and sweet one this time :)
This was a very good week when it comes to the progress on Episode 6 of Tune in to the show. First of all, I created 83 new renders. But, most importantly, I wrote 2,200 words of the script. This means that both the renders and the writing for the 2nd big scene of in-game day 10 are done! I'm really pleased about that.
There are only 2 major scenes left to be created before the update is ready. I should be done with the 1st one of them next week cause it'll be more dialogue-heavy, and then the last scene of the update will take more work because it'll feature animations. Still, we're now getting pretty close to the release of Episode 6!
Anyway, that's all for this week's post. Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,
RobertDeadth

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

This was a pretty good week all things considered. When it comes to Episode 6 of Tune in to the show, I created 53 new renders and wrote 1,400 words of the script. Everything went according to plan and I was able to create the entire 3rd major scene of the in-game day 10. This means that there's only one scene remaining to be done before the update is ready! That scene will definitely take more than a week because animations will be involved, but still, we're very close to the finish line with Episode 6 so I'm quite excited. Next week, I'll focus on writing and rendering the first part of the last scene.
From other things, I'm getting my wisdom tooth removal surgery tomorrow. I hope that everything goes well and it doesn't impact work in any way but I'll keep you all updated as always.
Anyhow, that's all for this week's post. Overall, things are going well and Episode 6 should be ready soon.
Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,
RobertDeadth

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes