Beats9821

Nov 19, 2018
I don't approve of the dev's past actions, but I think it's great it has seen a release and I genuinely hope the game is a success. I want to pay for it and support the creator. But it's hard to justify with how he's treated his players and supporters. If I'm useless pirate dirt, then what funds would I have to buy the game if that were true? It's a hard sell for me, but based off how much I've enjoyed the game over the years I think I'll still go for it. And what better way to prove his caustic xenophobia wrong than show that the people you spurn the most are the people that are so passionate about your work?

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
There's actually a giveaway of this game over at reddit and my comment about the DRM and stuff that the dev put in before got deleted lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Xakorik

externet

Sep 11, 2017
Saki and the Crucible of Debauchery is the game i know that totally destroys tunnel escape
Thanks for the tip, i didnt know that game exist and i agree with you is a great game, tunnel its not bad but saki its better, like the meme life is good but it could be better

katariya

Apr 19, 2022

Hey guys is this final version safe to play?
Anyone have try?
No one can be certain that the final version is free of any issues. Judging by the dev’s previous actions, it is possible that some malicious code might be built-in. Although dev claims there is no DRM, there could still be other forms of protection. Since all the files are encrypted, it is difficult to determine without decryption. Previously, the developer would request removal upon discovery, but currently, he hasn’t asked any website for removal, which is also suspicious. In any case, if you trust this dev, go ahead and play. If not, wait and see if someone decrypts it.

ardru

Aug 8, 2017
To summarize, he put in DRM that was strict to the level of basically being malware and it would fuck up your computer. It was screwing up the computers of his actual supporters, and apparently he also started lying and saying that pirated copies were responsible for bricking people's computers and that only his official copy was safe, which was hilariously wrong, given that us pirates had the only safe copy with the cracked version.

It should be safe now that it's officially released, because he apparently took it out and didn't include it, which is smart, because if he included malware like DRM he'd get himself booted off the platforms he wants to sell on when it gets reported.

I'm still going to let some other people play canary in the coal mine and try it first though. Japanese DLsite is safe for now, we'll see how safe the others are as the English version releases on several platforms.
If your talking pre 22.3a then i got nothing to say. But i have bought every single update after 22.3a on itch, i have messed up the code numerous times, and i have never had any issues with bricking and the like, and im on an incredibly unstable device to begin with. Have not had issues or maleware flags or even signs of maleware on my computer. So idk where all of that is coming from tbh. I dont agree with the draconian nature of his DRM, but this forum seems to have this ungodly hardon because they couldnt beat the DRM anymore. Unless he removed what yall were complaining about post ver 22.3a and i just never had to deal with it. In which case theres not a whole lot of troubles from official store fronts.

Also (not aimed at the person im quoting) hes not even xenophobic, ive been speaking in english in his discord for months now, hell he even bent over backwards a couple times for me and another person (had to do with the code, explained to him the impracticality of having to download the verification code off itch again and again, 2-3 times a day, so he made a discord channel with the verification code, for those who can verify purchase etc, i guess he got tired of updating it for us because he kind of stopped changing the code lol, so the code would work for days then weeks).

The only fault i can actually give him, is the lengths he would go to prevent piracy, if you bought the game, he had no beef with you (at the least i didnt poke at him for his methods except once when talking to him when he was going with a sponsor to official stores, i told him he would need to remove the verification code and it seems he already had that intention for the official release). That fixation is not healthy at all.

Also the DRM that i had to deal with, was entering in a verification code basically once a day, most was 3 times it changed but he laid off the rapid changes after a bit, where the code would stay unchanged for weeks. And finally, the part that im sure pissed off many of those in the forums (i wouldnt call it maleware since hell, even cheatguard or w/e the standard anti cheat steam uses does the same thing), was scanning for running processes, and preventing the game from starting or closing the game when certain exe's were running. Cheat engine and MTool were the 2 primary ones i recall, and primarily because you could use said programs to bypass the DRM. I have played numerous games that would either refuse to boot up, or insta exit the game if cheat engine was ever actively running, all of those games were on steam as well. So to me this was nothing new nor extrodinary.

All of my downloads came from Itch.io, if he included maleware in versions prior to 22.3a then what i said loses it fangs a bit, but from my personal experience, i have not experienced any issues outside of the annoyance (i use cheat engine and Mtool for other games regularly and forget to close em). Furthermore, since he has a publisher, you bet they will be checking for maleware themselves before putting it on the store front, its not just him anymore but his publisher as well that would get drawn into the crossfire. 0% chance they havent heard about that debacle. True or Untrue, you will want to be sure.

I dont expect this to change peoples opinions, im just putting out my experience because what i experienced and what everyone talks about are 2 completely different things. The games not even the best game, but it is up there in quality none the less outside of people being salty, reminds me of ROBF controversy back in the day, in particular needing to enter some text IN japanese to progress with the story, knowing people wouldnt be able to do that easily overseas. Still good games at the time, just with a slightly over zealous dev (ROBF i think was actually xenophobic but that was a while ago).

ardru

Aug 8, 2017
You have only 3 post here, no avatar and write a wall... No one will read all that
True but been here for 7 years so there is that lol. Post count does not always indicate not a bot. As for avatar, why the F would i bother with such a useless thing?

As for the wall, i do apologize that i do not write in tweets for the new modern audience, among the reasons i dont really post all that much to begin with. People cant be arsed to read these days.

For those that do read it, sure got my experience out, outside of that honestly i dont mind. People are gonna keep moving regardless.

Reactions: hyuhyu

Learch

Feb 5, 2019

Anyone have try?
There's one comment there that claims it is, but it's also only one comment and it's an anon.

I think it's at the point where nobody is really willing to *try*.

Learch

Feb 5, 2019
otomi games is safe, i am not the site owner you can trust me
The question isn't whether or not the website is owned by a trustworthy person, but whether or not the game itself is packed with malware of some kind.

I don't think that guy goes through and plays all the eroge he posts to make sure they're safe. Why would he do that if he's getting it from a reasonable source?

There's people who say they're going to hold out for an official steam release - which is supposed to drop in a few days according to them - and I think Valve would bonk anything with that sort of malware pretty fast. I think that's the best option, rather than trusting the game's developer.

ardru

Aug 8, 2017
I'm going to agree with learch. Wait until steam release. Even then be careful with any free downloads. It's an inherent risk we all forget about because it's been relatively safe as of late.

For all I know the dev could've released a malewared up pirate ver as a final F you to F95 in particular. He has a screw loose when it comes to piracy and this forum. I wouldn't doubt it. The official versions are likely vetted by the hoster. Idk if dlsite checks or not. Steam likely does. But I'd wait a day or 2 to see if steam removes it or not. If you want to be extra safe. I doubt he's dumb enough to put maleware through steam, but I also don't want to have blind faith either.

XLuteX

Aug 19, 2021
Are there any Patch in this current Version to Fix the Black Screen during the Fight?
A Patch for Joiplay Users?

Reactions: Waterfront

jsrptn

Feb 12, 2022
hi all im new and seeing alot of comment about coded malware within the game, can i ask which version are you guys talking about? i also downloaded the 0.25.3a special from here i think, does anyone know if it save to play and how to see if i have the malware of not (?)
thank you

Mar 16, 2021
hi all
have anyone seen the quick fix the dev did on their cl-site and discord?

i'm pretty sure the from this post is likely before the quick fix they did
cuz the date is on the site 17th while the quick fix is on the 19th (today)

Anyone have try?

Reactions: hawkhunter

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017

Anyone have try?
I've already played lab rat mission and I can say that there is no problem with the version uploaded by otomi.

Except obviously that I don't understand a single damn word and that the external translators natural for translating don't work with this game, so we have to wait until the 23rd for the English version to be released even if it's MTL.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes