4.20 star(s) 59 Votes

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
I don't think finding a game tagged wrongly is a good way to counter what I'm saying.
...Who says the game is tagged incorrectly?

Every definition of netorare is about getting someone stolen from you. So you need to be the mc for it to be netorare. And if you are the mc of the game, how can you have a minor part in the story?
I think I found the problem.

Does all (or most) of your experience of NTR come from games? If so, I can understand why you've gotten it in your head that NTR stories should always have the guy getting NTR'd as the MC.

However, in the genre of NTR - which includes not only games but doujinshi, hentai, and written works - it's not uncommon for the story to primarily be told from the perspective of the character being stolen while leaving their partner in the background for most of the story.

So yes, NTR is still NTR even if the focus is on the wife/girlfiend while the husband/boyfriend is just a side character.

mannymulatto

Jun 26, 2021
I don't think finding a game tagged wrongly is a good way to counter what I'm saying. Every definition of netorare is about getting someone stolen from you. So you need to be the mc for it to be netorare. And if you are the mc of the game, how can you have a minor part in the story?
There are stories where the MC gets less screen time than the supporting cast. Take the anime Overlord for example Ainz is the MC but he gets progressively less screen time as it focuses on world building and how the different nations and people react to the things hes done especially as the series progresses. The MC doesnt need to be the one getting the most screen time to be the MC.

Sixty

Oct 1, 2017
I don't think finding a game tagged wrongly is a good way to counter what I'm saying. Every definition of netorare is about getting someone stolen from you. So you need to be the mc for it to be netorare. And if you are the mc of the game, how can you have a minor part in the story?
To be fair, a lot of NTR game MC's are basically just carrying the camera around for the player.

Nefurien

Sep 10, 2017
...Who says the game is tagged incorrectly?

I think I found the problem.

Does all (or most) of your experience of NTR come from games? If so, I can understand why you've gotten it in your head that NTR stories should always have the guy getting NTR'd as the MC.

However, in the genre of NTR - which includes not only games but doujinshi, hentai, and written works - it's not uncommon for the story to primarily be told from the perspective of the character being stolen while leaving their partner in the background for most of the story.

So yes, NTR is still NTR even if the focus is on the wife/girlfiend while the husband/boyfriend is just a side character.
No, I read doujinshi, CGs sets and stuff. The reason as to why most of the story is not from the mc pov in doujinshi is because how can an artist show all the sex scenes if it's from the male pov? So yeah, it's pretty obvious most of the story is not from the male mc, but there's a valid reason for that. Still, the main character, the first introduced in the story, is usually the cuck. But there's something else too, in this thread are we talking about games or manga? So why do you bring here doujinshi, that are made in another way, for quick faps when we are talking about games?

• Angry
Reactions: Cedrog

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I mean, if the goal is to tell a story of public humiliation and really life-wrecking shame, what could be worse than the "alpha" big-dicked asshole losing out to a "beta"?

Imagine the things you could write in that scenario. MMC has a dick the size of a tree, fucks her brains out six days a week, does all the shit alpha males are supposed to do- makes big money, drives a penis extension, works out until he's built like Thor, bullies "lesser" men, all that... but loses her to a pear-shaped math professor who listens when she talks, cries at sad movies, watches Orphan Black with her, and eats pussy like a lesbian?

The alpha's friends would laugh at him until he had to move to Switzerland and become a monk. You could realistically write him being humiliated by every single person in his life. In reality, the MMC in this game would have all kinds of support and love from his community after she dumps him because his community is composed of decent human beings. It would be an alpha losing out to a beta that would really see his life become untenable, both internally and among his peers.
I think if I was writing it I'd focus on that sort of baffling helpless feeling. Like, usually NTR from the MMC's point of view is helplessness in the face of a superior force, if you follow. And one of the feelings will be a confused betrayal stemming from "your" entire relationship suddenly meaning nothing in the face of the simple primal sex act. You've done everything right, loved her, built a life with her, been true and loving for years, and she's leaving for a big dick? Really? And nothing of your life together is more important to her? There's literally no way to keep her just because he can fuck???

Flip it on its head and look for the same emotions. You've done everything you were supposed to- played football, built your body, dominated weaker men, "won" in every way, and she's slipping away because this little fucker knows the difference between second and third wave feminism??? Because he likes Taylor Swift? He drives a fucking Corolla and doesn't even LIFT! How can this be happening???

So you summon the same emotions with the game. Write some scenes where people see her interacting with the invader, but again, flipped. Where you would usually write their obvious physical attraction and the nemesis' physical dominance, now the humiliation comes from her very obviously connecting with the other guy in a way your meaty head will never be able to copy. Instead of waking up in the middle of the night to hear them fucking, the MMC wakes up in the middle of the night and they're in their eighth hour of talking about chick flicks, sitting on the couch all animated and laughing and connecting in a way you can't stop.

For the sex scenes, you could show the MMC fucking her hard like a proper alpha, then when the antagonist gets his shot don't even have him use his dick. Have him kiss and pet her until she's going crazy, then make her cum with his fingers. And then, since fingers don't have a refractory period, immediately do it again. Could make a pretty sexy scene out of a dude showing a woman new heights of pleasure the way other women do it, with fingers and mouth and toys.

And then flip the usual FMC transformation. Show her dressing super sexy for the alpha at first, then as she bonds with the nerdy nemesis have her stop dying her hair and wearing booty shorts or whatever and end up looking like this game's FMC in the cover shot. Let her discovery of herself mean becoming a nerdy dream girl as opposed to a hypersexed Barbie doll.

I think you'd want to make the MMC sympathetic by making him a muscly dude of the type we play in games. Batman gets cucked, basically. Otherwise the audience would sympathize with the antagonist, seeing as how we're all a bunch of nerds. But you could probably do it.

Fuck, now I wish I had artistic skills. I might actually try to write this story for my Lit page.

Edit: I can't type.
You can't make a flip like that just like you can't cut of dudes dick give it to the girl and pretend that the audience will enjoy their sex. Some will probably enjoy it but it won't be the solidified audience that enjoys the usual dude on girl stuff.
Likewise the netorare audience likes rough fucking, girl losing to pleasure, losing morals and all that shit, your idea would not appeal to majority of that audience.
Not to mention couple problems with the netorare fundamentals like how would the cheating even start? Girl is supposed to be pure, MC is supposed to be the good guy.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
No, I read doujinshi, CGs sets and stuff. The reason as to why most of the story is not from the mc pov in doujinshi is because how can an artist show all the sex scenes if it's from the male pov? So yeah, it's pretty obvious most of the story is not from the male mc, but there's a valid reason for that. Still, the main character, the first introduced in the story, is usually the cuck. But there's something else too, in this thread are we talking about games or manga? So why do you bring here doujinshi, that are made in another way, for quick faps when we are talking about games?

That's my point. You're limiting NTR to games. I'm talking about NTR as a genre, which includes everything. That's what I've always been doing.

Nefurien

Sep 10, 2017
That's my point. You're limiting NTR to games. I'm talking about NTR as a genre, which includes everything. That's what I've always been doing.
1.PNG
So my initial message was "for a game to be correctly tagged netorare, it should have a big part ot if being from the cuck pov". You replied to my message that was talking about games, saying I was wrong, and now you say you were talking about the genre in general?

• Angry

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
View attachment 3739405
So my initial message was "for a game to be correctly tagged netorare, it should have a big part ot if being from the cuck pov". You replied to my message that was talking about games, saying I was wrong, and now you say you were talking about the genre in general?
And you're still wrong for that. I simply understand where you got that (wrong) idea because it's less common for the NTR'd character not to also be the MC in the medium of games.

Again, there is no reason to believe that the game I linked was tagged incorrectly, other than an odd bias or a limited perspective on what makes something 'NTR'.

• Haha
Reactions: Cedrog and Nefurien

Nefurien

Sep 10, 2017
And you're still wrong for that. I simply understand where you got that (wrong) idea because it's less common for the NTR'd character not to be the MC in the medium of games.

Again, there is no reason to believe that the game I linked was tagged incorrectly, other than an odd bias or a limited perspective on what makes some 'NTR'.
The point is not about the game you linked. You understand what I just said or not? Why do you talk about the genre if I talk about games? Can you reply? Or you need to continue saying random bullshit, to make it seems you're right when you're totally wrong?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: Cedrog and mzer0
May 27, 2020
I like the cheating part of NTR which is why i like Netori a lot but its hard to quiet the voice of empathy when you're watching some guy falling apart as his life is destroyed. The cheating sex is hot but i don't enjoy watching the misery of those who've done nothing wrong.
This is exactly why I'm having a problem with A Perfect Marriage. I know this is the wrong thread for talk about that VN, but just had to mention that lol

JevilVerum

Mar 4, 2020
The point is not about the game you linked. You understand what I just said or not? Why do you talk about the genre if I talk about games? Can you reply? Or you need to continue saying random bullshit, to make it seems you're right when you're totally wrong?
I suggest you to ignore that guy, he only talks in circles and disappears when he doesn't know what to say, not worth it.
I think if I was writing it I'd focus on that sort of baffling helpless feeling. Like, usually NTR from the MMC's point of view is helplessness in the face of a superior force, if you follow. And one of the feelings will be a confused betrayal stemming from "your" entire relationship suddenly meaning nothing in the face of the simple primal sex act. You've done everything right, loved her, built a life with her, been true and loving for years, and she's leaving for a big dick? Really? And nothing of your life together is more important to her? There's literally no way to keep her just because he can fuck???

Flip it on its head and look for the same emotions. You've done everything you were supposed to- played football, built your body, dominated weaker men, "won" in every way, and she's slipping away because this little fucker knows the difference between second and third wave feminism??? Because he likes Taylor Swift? He drives a fucking Corolla and doesn't even LIFT! How can this be happening???

So you summon the same emotions with the game. Write some scenes where people see her interacting with the invader, but again, flipped. Where you would usually write their obvious physical attraction and the nemesis' physical dominance, now the humiliation comes from her very obviously connecting with the other guy in a way your meaty head will never be able to copy. Instead of waking up in the middle of the night to hear them fucking, the MMC wakes up in the middle of the night and they're in their eighth hour of talking about chick flicks, sitting on the couch all animated and laughing and connecting in a way you can't stop.

For the sex scenes, you could show the MMC fucking her hard like a proper alpha, then when the antagonist gets his shot don't even have him use his dick. Have him kiss and pet her until she's going crazy, then make her cum with his fingers. And then, since fingers don't have a refractory period, immediately do it again. Could make a pretty sexy scene out of a dude showing a woman new heights of pleasure the way other women do it, with fingers and mouth and toys.

And then flip the usual FMC transformation. Show her dressing super sexy for the alpha at first, then as she bonds with the nerdy nemesis have her stop dying her hair and wearing booty shorts or whatever and end up looking like this game's FMC in the cover shot. Let her discovery of herself mean becoming a nerdy dream girl as opposed to a hypersexed Barbie doll.

I think you'd want to make the MMC sympathetic by making him a muscly dude of the type we play in games. Batman gets cucked, basically. Otherwise the audience would sympathize with the antagonist, seeing as how we're all a bunch of nerds. But you could probably do it.

Fuck, now I wish I had artistic skills. I might actually try to write this story for my Lit page.

Edit: I can't type.
Well, that idea would probably attract some people, but I don't think a game with that setting would have huge success. I might be wrong though... we just need someone to try :LOL:

MaxLoad

Mar 11, 2024
Ok here goes.
For me, NTR is not being a cuck
The MMC or FMC never wants to share their partner.
The person being stolen does not do it willingly otherwise they are just cheaters.
The MC needs to find out what is going on.
We need to know the pain and anguish of the MC and how powerless they feel.
The Antagonist can only loose by being killed by the MC.
The only good ending is if the Antagonist gets bored and moves on with the MC showing forgiveness to their partner.

Felix needs to find out and Sophie is just a cheater. Zack moves on to a new victim.
IMO this game started being NTR but then turned into a story about cheating.

This is just how the cookies crumble for ME.

• Angry

tata19

Jul 22, 2019
Lust has become or has brought out the worst in Sophie or maybe it was always like that she just didn't have the courage to reveal it. But finally now she can tell Zack that she loves him without saying that she also loves Felix. I think that was what was missing although I couldn't see the reason why she continued doing it since it was obvious that she no longer loved him. Unless she used it to keep Zack around her because of her insecurities regarding Zack's feelings for her. Now she thinks she is convinced. It will be interesting to see what her talk with Felix will be in the next update.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Lust has become or has brought out the worst in Sophie or maybe it was always like that she just didn't have the courage to reveal it. But finally now she can tell Zack that she loves him without saying that she also loves Felix. I think that was what was missing although I couldn't see the reason why she continued doing it since it was obvious that she no longer loved him. Unless she used it to keep Zack around her because of her insecurities regarding Zack's feelings for her. Now she thinks she is convinced. It will be interesting to see what her talk with Felix will be in the next update.
Personally, I'm more interested in Felix's talk with Amy. Whether or not she tells him everything (or gives him a clue at least) will really decide how the story is going progress/end.

EDIT:

Everyone prepare you're butts for a happy ending for Zack and Sophie where Sophie goes full evil and becomes Zack's partner in crime just like Amy was.
Honestly, that's the only way I can see Sophie getting a happy ending with him. Having a stable, loving, and monogamous relationship with Zack - like the one she used to have with Felix - just seems way too farfetched to me.

She'd have to give up on the monogamous part eventually if she wanted to keep him.

tata19

Jul 22, 2019
Personally, I'm more interested in Felix's talk with Amy. Whether or not she tells him everything (or gives him a clue at least) will really decide how the story is going progress/end.

EDIT:

Everyone prepare you're butts for a happy ending for Zack and Sophie where Sophie goes full evil and becomes Zack's partner in crime just like Amy was.
Honestly, that's the only way I can see Sophie getting a happy ending with him. Having a stable, loving, and monogamous relationship with Zack - like the one she used to have with Felix - just seems way too farfetched to me.

She'd have to give up on the monogamous part eventually if she wanted to keep him.
Yes, logically that is very important. But I'm curious how the meeting will be because Felix's suspicions and depression will be with a Sophie who has already totally decided on Zack. I'm very intrigued by how they will come out of that talk. It may even influence Felix's talk with Amy.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Yes, logically that is very important. But I'm curious how the meeting will be because Felix's suspicions and depression will be with a Sophie who has already totally decided on Zack. I'm very intrigued by how they will come out of that talk. It may even influence Felix's talk with Amy.
Maybe I'm misreading, but it sounds like you're expecting Felix to talk to Sophie before he talks with Amy.

I'm expecting the opposite; I'm expecting that conversation to happen on the phone right then and there.

Then again, it's possible they'll agree to meet up later to talk face to face.

EDIT:
Actually, the more I think about, he probably will talk to Amy afterward. That conversation sounds like it will need to happen in person.

tata19

Jul 22, 2019
Maybe I'm misreading, but it sounds like you're expecting Felix to talk to Sophie before he talks with Amy.

I'm expecting the opposite; I'm expecting that conversation to happen on the phone right then and there.

Then again, it's possible they'll agree to meet up later to talk face to face.

EDIT:
Actually, the more I think about, he probably will talk to Amy afterward. That conversation sounds like it will need to happen in person.
Felix is going to pick up Sophie from the library and then have lunch or do you think there might be a call from Amy before that happens?

4.20 star(s) 59 Votes