shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
Frozen after 8 months and whole lot of posts indicating he was making good progress and a release was incoming. It's not about him having IRL issues. It's about the deception while still cashing checks.
I decided to go back and read some of the progress reports that were posted here (search " Development showcase " if you want to read them yourself) and I dont remember Baibai ever mentioning that he was close to release, or anything of that sort.
He did say he was making good progress, but there is no evidence that I have seen that would indicate he was lying about that. He very well could have made tons of progress and not been happy with how some of it turned out, or he could have just wanted to make more before releasing the update.
As I understand it, and call me a dickrider or whatever name you want, but he probably WAS making good progress during those 8 months, and then had something come up, or maybe needed a vacation, and decided to pause payments while he wasnt making any progress.

Sadly a common thing a lot of devs start doing when they decide to be shady.
Do you really honestly think Baibai has "decided to be shady"? I think an argument could be made that mistakes were made on Baibais part, but do you really think his behavior is malicious? Is it so unreasonable that a human being might make a mistake?

I love this game but what he did was shitty and seeing so many people try to dogpile those that call it out really shows how other worse devs like Dark Cookie can milk their patrons for years lol.
Name calling other people people and being generally rude makes people not want to interface with you, or it makes them want to insult you back. When you constantly call the people of this thread who push back against your opinions "dickriders" then it just makes you seem like an asshole, no matter how true your opinion may be.

Liking the art doesn't mean you have to excuse dubious behavior by the artist
Something you see as dubious behavior might be seen by another person as completely reasonable, hence feeling the need to excuse it. I would love to see what actions this dev has taken that you would consider dubious, and it would help your case if you used specific details and linked to posts.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I decided to go back and read some of the progress reports that were posted here (search " Development showcase " if you want to read them yourself) and I dont remember Baibai ever mentioning that he was close to release, or anything of that sort.
He did say he was making good progress, but there is no evidence that I have seen that would indicate he was lying about that. He very well could have made tons of progress and not been happy with how some of it turned out, or he could have just wanted to make more before releasing the update.
As I understand it, and call me a dickrider or whatever name you want, but he probably WAS making good progress during those 8 months, and then had something come up, or maybe needed a vacation, and decided to pause payments while he wasnt making any progress.

Do you really honestly think Baibai has "decided to be shady"? I think an argument could be made that mistakes were made on Baibais part, but do you really think his behavior is malicious? Is it so unreasonable that a human being might make a mistake?

Name calling other people people and being generally rude makes people not want to interface with you, or it makes them want to insult you back. When you constantly call the people of this thread who push back against your opinions "dickriders" then it just makes you seem like an asshole, no matter how true your opinion may be.

Something you see as dubious behavior might be seen by another person as completely reasonable, hence feeling the need to excuse it. I would love to see what actions this dev has taken that you would consider dubious, and it would help your case if you used specific details and linked to posts.
The dubious behavior is what I was pointing out in my commentary. I never called you a dickrider but if you felt it applied to you well....
As for being rude I was replying to a dude who did a double posting ranting and acting like I somehow didn't know what he was talking about like it wasn't pretty fucking clear while people like you upvoted it and thought he was somehow making a good point.
People simply like to be negative and bitch when they stop receiving something for free in a short period of time. Specially if they never helped the dev to support his efforts in developing.
While I replied:
Sure but what about the people that have been paying for the last 8 months or longer? Are their feelings valid or are they just being lil negative nancy's too?
Yall keep conveniently ignoring that point whenever it's brought up and just keep falling back to the "leechers mad" argument.
I was standing up for the PAYING supporting people that have been dismissed as mere whiners who are just being "negative".

So what the fuck did I supposedly misunderstand? You and others went along with it like he wasn't being completely disingenuous and missing MY point. On purpose I suspect.

When he gets called on it the truth comes out:
Finally, about what you said Xythurr, I would think a bit about that if he didn't end the way he did and with a meme. The way he did it was clearly to call me out imo. Not to mention that you can't ask others to "obtain reality" when payments were even frozen and didn't even understood what I meant. Hence I even bothered answering. But whatever.
All those posts were because he got butthurt by a meme. He didn't acknowledge or try to refute my very reasonable observation about his original comment but went on a long diatribe to deflect and try to make me seem like the asshole because he got his feelings hurt by a silly meme that would have made me chuckle had I been on the receiving end!:LOL:

Yes the payments were cancelled. AFTER he had already been collecting them for months. My point stands so you and the others can agree or disagree but at this point your feelings and opinions are no longer relevant to me.

All yall when ya see my big meanie posts:
crying-black-boy-crying-baby-boy.gif

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
he earn what 1.2 k bucks? and on top of that he already stopped billing which is better that 90% of the others developers.

( other story should be if he had like 6 k or 7 k bucks at month and no stopping the billings as some joke devs do)

let him take a 2/4 months holidays. BEST WISHES and low profile send me the Teacher T.T

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think anyone is crying, you have your opinion, others have theirs. There is no need to turn this thread into a big fight and make everything toxic. There are already other threads for that.
I just reciprocate the energy I receive. I think there is some crying occurring when the dudes I respond to felt the need to point out that I'm a big meanie.:ROFLMAO:

Anyways no need to worry I am done unintentionally hurting feelings on this thread. I thought we could all go "Fuck you! I disagree!" and laugh it off like the fellow degenerates we are but a lot people take words on the internet from strangers very seriously I see.

Yall have a good one!

cool.gif

Reactions: Ass~God

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
The dubious behavior is what I was pointing out in my commentary. I never called you a dickrider but if you felt it applied to you well....
As for being rude I was replying to a dude who did a double posting ranting and acting like I somehow didn't know what he was talking about like it wasn't pretty fucking clear while people like you upvoted it and thought he was somehow making a good point.

While I replied:

I was standing up for the PAYING supporting people that have been dismissed as mere whiners who are just being "negative".

So what the fuck did I supposedly misunderstand? You and others went along with it like he wasn't being completely disingenuous and missing MY point. On purpose I suspect.

When he gets called on it the truth comes out:

All those posts were because he got butthurt by a meme. He didn't acknowledge or try to refute my very reasonable observation about his original comment but went on a long diatribe to deflect and try to make me seem like the asshole because he got his feelings hurt by a silly meme that would have made me chuckle had I been on the receiving end!:LOL:

Yes the payments were cancelled. AFTER he had already been collecting them for months. My point stands so you and the others can agree or disagree but at this point your feelings and opinions are no longer relevant to me.

All yall when ya see my big meanie posts:
View attachment 4054745
You didnt address anything I said in my comment, and just doubled down on an argument that I wasnt even a part of. Also you continue to be rude for no reason.
I just reciprocate the energy I receive. I think there is some crying occurring when the dudes I respond to felt the need to point out that I'm a big meanie.:ROFLMAO:

Anyways no need to worry I am done unintentionally hurting feelings on this thread. I thought we could all go "Fuck you! I disagree!" and laugh it off like the fellow degenerates we are but a lot people take words on the internet from strangers very seriously I see.

Yall have a good one!

View attachment 4054993
I am not pointing out that you are being "a big meanie" I am trying to have an actual conversation with you, its clear to me now that you dont care about that, so I wont push it.

Last edited:

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
You didnt address anything I said in my comment, and just doubled down on an argument that I wasnt even a part of. Also you continue to be rude for no reason.

I am not pointing out that you are being "a big meanie" I am trying to have an actual conversation with you, its clear to me now that you dont care about that, so I wont push it.
Look bud I clearly laid out my reasoning in previous posts. If you want to engage me in conversation maybe don't start by inserting yourself into the other guys by going on about how you feel I'm rude etc.
That makes people think your intentions are combative.
I feel quite a few people have been rude to me but so what?
It's fine to disagree with me my opinion is just that and I know it.

I like to think dudes can talk shit disagree and move on. I have nothing against any of you so don't be discouraged or upset OK?
Text can be a poor medium for tonal intent so just know that for me it's been mostly amusing and the memes were meant to be just that.

My friends even accuse me of dickriding certain bands lol. What I mean is it's all banter.

Have a good one!(y)

Reactions: shitass1001

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
A Vacation Mode enabled
BaiBai has decided to take a break from September 08, 2024 till October 01, 2024, but you can subscribe anyway.
BaiBai has left this message for you:
Twisted Memories is still being worked on but weekly development updates as well as billing for ongoing subscriptions are paused until v0.9 has been released. Refer to the most recent public development update for more information.

Ktwoc

Jul 9, 2020
A Vacation Mode enabled
BaiBai has decided to take a break from September 08, 2024 till October 01, 2024, but you can subscribe anyway.
BaiBai has left this message for you:
Twisted Memories is still being worked on but weekly development updates as well as billing for ongoing subscriptions are paused until v0.9 has been released. Refer to the most recent public development update for more information.
So no more crying?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: xsikal

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
Post was deleted for being off topic, but post was about your break... seems it was deleted for being too on topic. lmfao. Don't be ashamed bro, I was just pointing out some bs.

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
Post was deleted for being off topic, but post was about your break... seems it was deleted for being too on topic. lmfao. Don't be ashamed bro, I was just pointing out some bs.
it probably got removed because excessive conversations about development time are considered off topic now, good rule IMO, these conversations get annoying after a while. See this post, Specifically this line:
"Avoid excessive discussion about development. Talking about developers is fine, but derailing the game discussion with multiple pages of the same arguments concerning development speed, delays, pricing, etc is not"

4.60 star(s) 136 Votes