Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I successfully translated the first line of text in the Japanese version!
But There's 13187 lines in the game and doing this by hand seems a bit silly. So I'm currently looking through the executable again in case i somehow missed a switch, because looking at the decrypted data_scenario.dat (Thank you l8rdude) it "seems" to actually include the full English text too.
yay.jpg
Edit: should have refreshed the page before posting this lol. good job l8erdude!

Last edited:

xdmemexd

Jan 2, 2019
using the decoder, editing lines by copying the en text over the jp, then encoding the .dat files work. Cant find an easy automated way to reformat the data_scenario.dat with np++, which holds conversation text. Has to be a switch in the exe, if l8rdude (fucking great work btw, as to all others helping us play this mess) found it, i'll have to use winmerge to see what damn byte(s) it was for my own sanity.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Alright,

good news! Here's the game in all its english glory version 1.0.3.0 with Shisaye's resource patch and Prick's mosaic removal already applied.

Simply overwrite the exe with the one from this post.

Full download with everything included:

Cheers,
Where was it? how the heck did i miss it...

xdmemexd

Jan 2, 2019
I swear I searched for every instance of "jp" in the exe, props to you man!

Where was it? how the heck did i miss it...
ln:1614 Col:743/1102 Ch:462/691 changed j00 to j01 and the switch (changing "jp" to "en") was at Ln:7809 Col:15696/17044 Ch:9648/10582

Last edited:
Reactions: Shisaye

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
I swear I searched for every instance of "jp" in the exe, props to you man!

ln:1614 Col:743/1102 Ch:462/691 changed j00 to j01 and the switch (changing "jp" to "en") was at Ln:7809 Col:15696/17044 Ch:9648/10582
Yeah, I only changed one byte pretty much. The 'jp' to 'en' patch you see in your comparison is effectively the reversal of the previous language patch done by forbidden101v, which was no longer needed.

Cheers,

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Now we just need someone to update the OP. Since now that version is superior to the patreon release in basically all areas.

happy day!
happy day.png

Reactions: Shura Matoi

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
can you post an initial save with the items from the patreon?
I don't know if you actually still need it, but it was easy enough (after l8erdude's help), so here's the hacked new game save with the golden hat, golden glasses and the key to the pink cafe art building. I hope that's the patreon items you meant. You would get them naturally later in the game though.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Yeah, I only changed one byte pretty much. The 'jp' to 'en' patch you see in your comparison is effectively the reversal of the previous language patch done by forbidden101v, which was no longer needed.

Cheers,
I still don't understand it though, how on earth did you know it was this exact "j" after which you had to change the "00" to "01"? There's like 5000 other j's.
Are you a wizard? :WaitWhat:
the magical j.jpg

EddieLewis

Oct 16, 2018
Does anyone knows why the .exe from nyaa are marked as malware? Here`s the , in this case, from the newest l8rdude. Its the same detection that happens on those on nyaa, so Im not trying to accuse malintention or anything.
Malwarebytes identify it after running its AI thing, without giving any specific explanation on why it was detected as a threat. Idk about the others.

Does anyone knows how to deal with this?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Does anyone knows why the .exe from nyaa are marked as malware? Here`s the , in this case, from the newest l8rdude. Its the same detection that happens on those on nyaa, so Im not trying to accuse malintention or anything.

Malwarebytes identify it after running its AI thing, without giving any specific explanation on why it was detected as a threat. Idk about the others.

Does anyone knows how to deal with this?
Every single executable from this game is flagged by some AV programs for some reason, doesn't matter what version you scan. If you go a few pages back you will find a few other Virustotal scans of different versions. Most people here agree that those are false positives and there's not actually something bad in it.
But if you're super worried about that stuff, I would stay away from this game entirely.

Reactions: Shura Matoi

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
I still don't understand it though, how on earth did you know it was this exact "j" after which you had to change the "00" to "01"? There's like 5000 other j's.
Are you a wizard? :WaitWhat:
View attachment 1258411
I approached it not by looking at language codes or references in the file itself but rather by debugging the game and seeing what it does. Mind you I first started looking at the code when the game was at version 0.11.0 or 0.12.0 if I recall correctly. So by now I had a very good understanding how the game sets up its language, configuration, ui, assets and so on. For this last patch I just happened to notice that enabling debug mode for this game forces the client to always use english as well as enable some more options in the menu. I wouldn't be surprised if debug mode disabled the mosaic filter on its own too (minus the hardcoded, censored assets of course).

What I effectly changed was

get_option("debug", 0)

to:
get_option("debug", 1)

where get_option is a method that runs in the initialization routine of the game. Generally speaking, this method loads a user/game option (in this case "debug") and when it can't find this particular setting stored anywhere, it will default to the 2nd parameter, which I changed from false to true. There's many different approaches to solve the language issue, but after seeing that debug pretty much worked flawlessly (and also enables you to switch languages in options now) I decided to leave it at that and release it ASAP since so many peeps were looking forward to playing the proper "final" version.

That's about it!

Cheers,

Zgitlal

May 10, 2017
Goddamn you people really do be beatin the evil of DRM with the power of perversion and friendship.
edit : I really love the context of how they're practically just gangbanging pinkcafeart for being kinda ass lmao. absolute teamwork and joint effort done in spite

Reactions: forbidden101v

sabbbo

Nov 5, 2018

Cheers,
hey, recently downloaded directly from the gofile link and TwoHorns.exe keeps disappearing after extracting them into a new folder

did i miss something during installation?

i do not have prior versions of the game btw, im new

l8rdude

Jan 13, 2020
hey, recently downloaded directly from the gofile link and TwoHorns.exe keeps disappearing after extracting them into a new folder

did i miss something during installation?

i do not have prior versions of the game btw, im new
I would guess it's your over-agressive anti-virus acting up and deleting the file immediately after extracting. 13 out of 69 scanners detect TwoHorns.exe as containing malware:
It's a false positive in any case.

If you don't trust this file you could run it inside a VM to see if it works for you. Otherwise you can just add the file to your anti-virus exclusion so it will be ignored.

Cheers,

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes