Unity Abandoned Two Sides [v0.02] [GreonoGames]

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes

Mirtugast

Dec 25, 2016
I really enjoyed the setup. The models are appealing, I care about what happens scene to scene, and ignoring some inconsistencies in the MC's behavior that I'm going to attribute to the difficulty of writing both a potential nice guy and a slimy asshole into one character I don't mind the dialog at all. That said...

Why did you opt for Unity? The interface is sluggish and progressing through the dialog and events is infuriatingly slow. Without a convenient save/load, advancing back to previously reached points of the story is something done in the background while you do your taxes. You could argue choices should have permanence and save scumming is no-no, but exploration of options and developments is something you might consider improving. Plus, you can't tell me that sister-couch event is supposed to be completed in a single go, without save/loading. The odds of that are astronomical. Transition effects and fading text (unless I'm missing some supremely obvious method of skipping them) are a big damper on the flow of the game.

My .02.

Reactions: Sathonus

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I really enjoyed the setup. The models are appealing, I care about what happens scene to scene, and ignoring some inconsistencies in the MC's behavior that I'm going to attribute to the difficulty of writing both a potential nice guy and a slimy asshole into one character I don't mind the dialog at all. That said...

Why did you opt for Unity? The interface is sluggish and progressing through the dialog and events is infuriatingly slow. Without a convenient save/load, advancing back to previously reached points of the story is something done in the background while you do your taxes. You could argue choices should have permanence and save scumming is no-no, but exploration of options and developments is something you might consider improving. Plus, you can't tell me that sister-couch event is supposed to be completed in a single go, without save/loading. The odds of that are astronomical. Transition effects and fading text (unless I'm missing some supremely obvious method of skipping them) are a big damper on the flow of the game.

My .02.
The Protagonist is you! If you act like an idiot, it will be! : D
To the content of with the sister on the sofa, 10 players managed to finalize at most in two attempts, if read the dialogues they leave tips of what you must do.

Well, considering that the game is only 2 months old and that only I am working on the project so far, I believe it is much better than it could be and even better than many other games released. My game is not perfect, there are errors, but I'm looking for better, thanks for expressing your opinion and your criticism!

I will work from time to time to improve.

Thanks for playing!

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I played I think 2 versions earlier of this and the game was interesting. I never got a really high domination stat, so I have to wonder.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You have to take into account that the game is still in development and that having a very high statistic in Domination in the first scene with Bret is quite impossible, you just met! In this scene you have no way to hit Bret with a piece of iron, but surely this may be possible in other situations if you accumulate over time Domination in interactions with Bret.

Note: The attributes Domination, Romance, and Friendship are individual to each character (NPC). Adding Domination to Lindsey does not allow you to dominate Bret.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I did not know that the stats were only attributed to singular characters. Good to know.

I figured he would become a recurring character, because of choices your character can make. So seems he is kind of integrated into the story. I do hope to see the story play out though.

My thoughts were on your character fearing this will be never ending and figures a way out of it then, rather than waiting to see what will happen.

Drugging and beating, so if the cops come you can claim self defense and he gets tested, shows positive, he goes to jail and you are off the hook.

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I did not know that the stats were only attributed to singular characters. Good to know.

I figured he would become a recurring character, because of choices your character can make. So seems he is kind of integrated into the story. I do hope to see the story play out though.

My thoughts were on your character fearing this will be never ending and figures a way out of it then, rather than waiting to see what will happen.

Drugging and beating, so if the cops come you can claim self defense and he gets tested, shows positive, he goes to jail and you are off the hook.
I can actually insert an unlimited series of actions and consequences into a single scene, but that would leave a huge scene and the game would not progress. So I'm limiting the scenes to just simple events that can already give a conclusive ending that does not end up in the end of the story in the future. Arresting Bret soon in the first confroto would bring a series of negative implications throughout history, even because he is one of the villains who will most disturb the protagonist.

Has to take into account that the protagonist is a slow guy, he would acquire the sense of combat throughout history, training martial arts (it is an idea that I want to implement in the future).

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
Dont wanna be mean but why does the protagonist has to be weak ? i mean cant even land a simple punch ...

Edit : I just got through the bret alley , the protagonist is a total whimp, sadness

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Dont wanna be mean but why does the protagonist has to be weak ? i mean cant even land a simple punch ...

Edit : I just got through the bret alley , the protagonist is a total whimp, sadness
Well, you can kick his bag!

A direct fight with Bret now would only result in a hospital, Bret has more experience with fights than the protagonist, but that will change throughout history, you can learn to fight, and then finally beat up Bret.

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
Well, you can kick his bag!

A direct fight with Bret now would only result in a hospital, Bret has more experience with fights than the protagonist, but that will change throughout history, you can learn to fight, and then finally beat up Bret.
Glad to hear that, im just sad that all the time the protagonist gets rekt until a certain point, its like watching a standard shonen :/

Reactions: greono

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Glad to hear that, im just sad that all the time the protagonist gets rekt until a certain point, its like watching a standard shonen :/
The protagonist is a 20 year old guy who has the ambition to get along in life, at first he is a quiet guy from a small town that will try his luck in the big city. I believe that the scenes so far are passing this idea faithfully, the proposal is to see the growth of the protagonist, endowing him with values, be he bad or good. With the progress of the game, the choices are gaining proportions according to the personality that each player creates for the protagonist, he can stop being a coward and become the boss of the place, he can choose to end the drug trade In the city or simply becomes the local trafficker, among other outcomes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paranoid_android

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
The protagonist is a 20 year old guy who has the ambition to get along in life, at first he is a quiet guy from a small town that will try his luck in the big city. I believe that the scenes so far are passing this idea faithfully, the proposal is to see the growth of the protagonist, endowing him with values, be he pro or bad or pro. With the progress of the game, the choices are gaining proportions according to the personality that each player creates for the protagonist, he can stop being a coward and become the boss of the place, he can choose to end the drug trade In the city or simply becomes the local trafficker, among other outcomes.
Alright , ill just keep an eye out, for once id like to see a real man , even if it means wait a long time due to game progression, because ive never seen many games like that so far. But im gonna see how it goes, thanks

Reactions: greono

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Russian bugan very, please correct
Sorry, apparently the translators of the Russian version have abandoned the translation, because I try to contact them and I have no answer at all ... I believe the next version will come without this language

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes