VN Ren'Py Abandoned Two Weeks 2 [Demo v0.1] [Madek]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Considering this isn't the dev's first game, I think the UI is atrocious. Even basic Renpy UI is better.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Considering this isn't the dev's first game, I think the UI is atrocious. Even basic Renpy UI is better.
I don't remember having these difficulties with the original game. Unless there's puzzles planned with all the inspecting objects, seems like overkill. still, gotta be a better way.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I don't remember having these difficulties with the original game. Unless there's puzzles planned with all the inspecting objects, seems like overkill. still, gotta be a better way.
Sadly, it's just a mistake that most devs made when they overcomplicate things without considering enough of the player's experience.

driverman

Nov 12, 2018
So, is it going come back that mom's friend from previos game with black hair? She is a nice one!

BobJenkins

Nov 21, 2017
Oh the one with the fine ass sister. I fucking hope he doesnt rush or ruin it this time.
I see where you're coming from, but I can also understand MC giving in at that point. She had been teasing him for a while there over most of the episodes and she finally stopped and said "Come get it.". Very hard to walk away in that situation when the woman is single. Smarter move would have been to set arrangements for later on when there's much less risk of getting caught...but the smarter head does not always prevail :p.

Would have been great to see the story pick up some time later, but even if we don't get a continuation I'm still glad to see the sister model again.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
Saw the title and was excited. But having read the comments and seeing works like 'sand-box' and 'navigation' makes it a pass for me. I hate having to figure out what to do or grind to get anything. Write a fucking story with some choices! It has to be easier then keeping track of all the options and events of navigation and unlocking things.

Reactions: Bluee7

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
Oh boy, I liked Two Weeks. Didn't expect that.

And I just found out that there is finally a combined game with all 6 episodes of Two Weeks.

Tihoem

Dec 21, 2018
Oh boy, I liked Two Weeks. Didn't expect that.

And I just found out that there is finally a combined game with all 6 episodes of Two Weeks.
it was assembled almost immediately, after the release of 6 parts:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Sandbox? ugh, when I am playing these kind of games I try to think with my little brain, not the big one.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Looks good, the UI is terrible, the text for chat is so small i can't read them without mignifing glass.
IMHO, a complete rebuild of Ren'Py's UI is a waste of time and resources, while the focus should be the content of the game. Especially when that custom UI is unfinished, unpolished and even those seemingly finished parts are terrible for both the looks and functionality, compared to the plain standard Ren'Py UI without anything added or changed at all.
I don't have anything against custom UI's if they are finished and have at least the same functionality or at least something close to the standard UI. But this isn't it.
The weak point of Madek's previous game was its code and coding, not the content. In fact the content and the game as a whole clearly suffered because of the coding problems.
Starting a new game with this kind of gargantuan coding job as building a fully working custom UI to Ren'Py is defintely not the way to go. I have serious doubts that it will ever work or be as good as Ren'Py UI.

I tried and dropped Happy Summer by Caizer Games exactly because of the terrible hack job UI with crippled controls (that its author seems to be especially proud of and makes no sense to me).
And now I'm afraid that this new game will die much faster than Madek's first attempt at creating a game did. It would be such a shame, because the guy can write a story and make good renders if he can focus on them and not coding.

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 3 Votes