VN Ren'Py Abandoned Two Weeks 2 [Demo v0.1] [Madek]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Ne te laisse pas influencer au sujet du ntr; c'est le but.
Je te souhaite bonne chance pour ton nouveaux projet, le précédent était déjà superbe.
Godspeed Madek.
Make sure to translate your original post into English, because not everyone speaks nor understands French, and we communicate in English around here :p

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
Ne te laisse pas influencer au sujet du ntr; c'est le but.
Je te souhaite bonne chance pour ton nouveaux projet, le précédent était déjà superbe.
Godspeed Madek.
Make sure to translate your original post into English, because not everyone speaks nor understands French, and we communicate in English around here :p
Addition (in good faith for Eerie Entity): We use one language to prevent a "Tower of Babel"-type meltdown and not because we want to be prejudicial jerks. (y)

Reactions: Eerie Entity

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
The weak point of Madek's previous game was its code and coding, not the content. In fact the content and the game as a whole clearly suffered because of the coding problems.
<snip<
And now I'm afraid that this new game will die much faster than Madek's first attempt at creating a game did. It would be such a shame, because the guy can write a story and make good renders if he can focus on them and not coding.
You need to make up your mind - if he had coding problems, then the obvious fix is to either hire a coder (which these small devs can't do), or learn to code better. He apparently went out and learned some coding, so now you're mad at him for it?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You need to make up your mind - if he had coding problems, then the obvious fix is to either hire a coder (which these small devs can't do), or learn to code better. He apparently went out and learned some coding, so now you're mad at him for it?
No, the problem is that apparently he hasn't learned any coding at all and neither has he hired anyone. He tried to find a way around it and that obviously isn't working too well either, because the code he found and hoped to be a magical solution around the coding problem is ancient compared to the one of the modern Ren'Py, missing all its highly functional menus (save, load, options) and all of its UI elements having a fixed static size, hardcoded into every one of them separately instead of being defined by global variables or styles. And these elements were designed for low resolution games, so all these static-sized elements are now tiny in a 1920x1080 game window.

The comment you quoted I wrote by the first impression that I got just by trying to play the game and before I looked at the code. It was just a guess that he either found someone to write the code and that coder isn't doing a great job either, or he is now trying to code something himself and started from an attempt to create an alternative UI to Ren'Py (which was highly doubtful in the first place).

I did made up my mind later. Read my following post about what I found while looking at the code and trying to enlarge UI elements. There's also a patch there that will make the dialogue text larger.

https://f95zone.to/threads/two-weeks-2-demo-v0-1-madek.39663/post-2604281

Last edited:
Reactions: fenixblack

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I finally found this(or i should say the first one) again. I originally played the first part months ago but i couldn't for the life of me remember the name at all.

Anyways Since it's been months. I'll pop over to the first one and play through it again first to refresh on the story then jump back to this one.

All i remember is the Mom is a nurse, we sped dated her and i believe sex at the very end. As for the sister it was hide and seek during a power outage and boning in a shed at mc friend house after the photo shoot with her.

• Sad
Reactions: SrRK

natz23

Jun 11, 2018
Two weeks. The best Female Character I've seen. Then the dev rushed it and fucked up. Never again gonna fall for this crap. Probably this will end in just one week again.

Reactions: wr34

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I finally found this(or i should say the first one) again. I originally played the first part months ago but i couldn't for the life of me remember the name at all.

Anyways Since it's been months. I'll pop over to the first one and play through it again first to refresh on the story then jump back to this one.

All i remember is the Mom is a nurse, we sped dated her and i believe sex at the very end. As for the sister it was hide and seek during a power outage and boning in a shed at mc friend house after the photo shoot with her.
I feel compelled to warn you, so here it goes: what you are in for is an amazing story that builds up to the absolute worst and unsatisfying ultra-rushed ending to any VN I've played in a long time. It's not that anything bad happens, it's just abrupt like a slap in the face. It's also important to note that this isn't a continuation/sequel to that game: the uploader just didn't know the name of the game so he put "Two Weeks 2," since it's made by the same developer and he reused the same model.

I'm really not trying to be harsh because it was a very good/quality game leading up to it: but the ending to Two Weeks is like taking a perfect cup of coffee and then shitting in it. It kind of spoiled the rest of the experience for me, and the vast majority of others too. I couldn't bring myself to recommend that game to others because of it.

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I feel compelled to warn you, so here it goes: what you are in for is an amazing story that builds up to the absolute worst and unsatisfying ultra-rushed ending to any VN I've played in a long time. It's not that anything bad happens, it's just abrupt like a slap in the face. It's also important to note that this isn't a continuation/sequel to that game: the uploader just didn't know the name of the game so he put "Two Weeks 2," since it's made by the same developer and he reused the same model.

I'm really not trying to be harsh because it was a very good/quality game leading up to it: but the ending to Two Weeks is like taking a perfect cup of coffee and then shitting in it. It kind of spoiled the rest of the experience for me, and the vast majority of others too. I couldn't bring myself to recommend that game to others because of it.
Oh, i know it abruptly ends. I beat it months ago. I just couldn't remember the name for it until i saw this part 2 for it.

May 14, 2018
2.00 star(s) 3 Votes