VN Ren'Py Abandoned Two Weeks 2 [Demo v0.1] [Madek]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
For 8 months of work it's really not that much gameplay, maybe 6 or 7 minutes. He charges per update though, so I won't complain this time. UI is horrible, he should definitely work on that. I loved the Jennifer character in two weeks, so it's nice to see her again. Oh and one thing: Please tell the player when the update is over OR if the decision ended the game.

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
I liked the original but the ending was like a girl friend I had..she went to law school just as it was getting fantastic..Still think about that one every day..I think she was slumming it with the car guy lol :rolleyes:

Buster65

Aug 9, 2017
Well... This left me a bittersweet taste in my mouth...
First (and I think most of us agree on the same) the texts have to be BIGGER!! Please!!... Tank you!
Second... The Main Menu can be improved... at least that let us set the preferences (like any other Ren'py game) or the MC name...

Third (and this is just my opinion) Why the MC look way smaller?... Oh! And Jennifer's breasts too! That's not fair!!
Any way... I'm sure it's just details that the Dev will surely correct.

Jack-ish

Jul 12, 2018
It always bothers me when the sex is one and done in these games, but in the last game it was one and the entire game was done. It was very disappointing. I have been anticipating this dev's next work. I only hope there isn't more of the same mistakes, and considering this is a sort of continuation, that there will be a lot of sex with characters from the last game.

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
what happened with the NTR? is it still in? if its not in yet. will you include it?
Don't understand all of you who face palmed this post. It's a legit question. One of the preview pic is the MC spying on a girl through the window. If that's not a opening for NTR then nothing is. Has the dev of this game said anything about it?

• Angry
Reactions: UncleVT

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Don't understand all of you who face palmed this post. It's a legit question. One of the preview pic is the MC spying on a girl through the window. If that's not a opening for NTR then nothing is. Has the dev of this game said anything about it?
It's not an opening for NTR, MC doesn't understand the concept of feelings and empathy, even if a girl he'd hook up with would end up with another guy, MC would mostly likely feel indifferent about it, like "whatever...". You'd need to feel a sense of attachment and have genuine feelings for a person for it to be NTR :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
I understand the complainings about Two Weeks but to me it was one of the best potentials in here. I was really sad when it ended.

Both mom and sis were awesome to interact. Dialogues between characters were natural etc.

Like I said before in ''Two Weeks'' thread: I wish he would continue the story with MC going back to college and then Jennifer comes back to live with him. Then maybe mom can visit too.

I even have the name for sequel game: Two Weeks More. I know, it's really original. :cool:

Theboss3213

Jun 14, 2018
It's not an opening for NTR, MC doesn't understand the concept of feelings and empathy, even if a girl he'd hook up with would end up with another guy, MC would mostly likely feel indifferent about it, like "whatever...". You'd need to feel a sense of attachment and have genuine feelings for a person for it to be NTR :p

Hmm alright then. Yeah i've seen Mr Robot, so i get what this game is going for then. Still enjoy the voyeurism aspect so i might give it a try later. Thank's for clearing it up.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

GiBrMan

Jan 5, 2019
According to the author, this is the same Jennifer as in Two Weeks, but MC is a different person

May 14, 2018
I'm pretty sure, that people are gonna think twice before playing this game, because it's the same character model that's been used in so many games already.

She looks so nice!
- but she's been overused.

maggiez

Nov 2, 2019
I'm pretty sure, that people are gonna think twice before playing this game, because it's the same character model that's been used in so many games already.

She looks so nice!
- but she's been overused.
What other games have been using the same model ? I've never seen her in another game.

Reactions: Marco79

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
(Concept MC)
This makes a nice change. An MC who is actually on the Autism spectrum, ..."
Is your autism observation realated to some knowledge of "The end of the fucking world" or "Mr. Robot", please? (I know nothing about either of them.) :unsure:

When I read the spoiler my claws came out! This: "good at replicating natural emotions and behaviors"; and this: "to use any tools available to obtain informations in order to take advantage of them" screams dangerous psychopath or sociopath to me. :cautious:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I looked at the code now and it seems that I was right about what I suspected about the UI not being made by Madek himself. And now I'm sure that neither is most of the code that runs the game.

It looks like he is using some weird 'game content manager' built on top of Ren'Py that seems to be made to make it possible to create a Ren'Py game without any knowledge about any kind of coding. The content of the game seems to be managed by spreadsheets with the help of MS Excel instead, all the game data gets exported to csv files and read by this 'game manager'.

I have never seen such a thing yet and maybe it makes creating a game simpler (though I doubt it).

Unfortunately, the UI is a part of the code of this manager.

And, as many such code samples built for Ren'Py, this one also seems to be old and unmaintained, built at the time when the average screen resolution was considerably lower and so was the resolution of Ren'Py games. With the resolution of 1920x1080 of this game all of its UI elements now look tiny and unfortunately their size is not defined by variables, but 'hardcoded' into the code in many different files in many different folders.

I managed to change the dialogue of characters, narrator and item inspector, but choices and menus and buttons will stay as they are, because there are lots of them with a lot of size and position parameters and I don't have time nor will to figure them all out and try to resize them in a way that they would look the same, just larger. And I doubt that Madek has, either.

Let's just see what becomes of this attempt of a new game first.

You can download attached 7z-file and patch the game to make dialogs larger, but that's it for now. Options menu is still missing, I just commented out text speed parameter in 4 different dialog screens, so text is now instant instead of being annoyingly slow.

Extract it into the game root folder (the main folder where the game launcher demo.exe and demo.sh files are), let it overwrite original files and reload the game.

Bfrop

Dec 22, 2017
Ne te laisse pas influencer au sujet du ntr; c'est le but.
Je te souhaite bonne chance pour ton nouveaux projet, le précédent était déjà superbe.
Godspeed Madek.

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes