VN Ren'Py Completed Two Weeks [Ep. 6 Fixed] [Madek]

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
I'm done. I get the same error and can't be bothered. I also notice that I lost my eagerness for this game. And scenes probably won't worth the wait.

Big wasted opportunity. Story, characters and dialogues. All for nothing.

I just remember the part where sister tease the MC in the table and I thought like ''This is going to be good'' but like the Thorin said to Bilbo:

I have never been so wrong in all my life. :p

Deleted member 1019532

Nov 18, 2018
In the opening to Episode 6 (otherwise known as "The Big Letdown"), Mom appears to give a Good Morning kiss to her friend, who also appears to have the hots for MC. Nothing develops in both areas either way.

Took a look-see at the renders and animations, hoping to see something with Mom/friend or MC/friend. Nothing, zip, nada.

Reactions: Mini-Me

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018
In the opening to Episode 6 (otherwise known as "The Big Letdown"), Mom appears to give a Good Morning kiss to her friend, who also appears to have the hots for MC. Nothing develops in both areas either way.

Took a look-see at the renders and animations, hoping to see something with Mom/friend or MC/friend. Nothing, zip, nada.
Really you sure?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
Ok, now we finally got the last episode. It started well with the teasing in the shower, but besides a gamebreaking bug just before it gets hot, the sex scene with the sister is one of the greatest letdowns I've seen. Not only felt it completely rushed (what a surprise) the scene itself is awful with horrible angles and almost nothing to see

Reactions: Mini-Me

Bunta

May 6, 2018
Ok, now we finally got the last episode. It started well with the teasing in the shower, but besides a gamebreaking bug just before it gets hot, the sex scene with the sister is one of the greatest letdowns I've seen. Not only felt it completely rushed (what a surprise) the scene itself is awful with horrible angles and almost nothing to see
Did you find a way to fix the bug or you just watch the renders?

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
How do you change the player name? It's Mike when I start it up. So many delays for a release with problems like this. Pretty disappointing.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
LOL, the script of the 6th episode begins with a jump that makes the game skip all new variable definitions. It's why you get that "name 'EP6_PS_RENDERS' is not defined" message.
Also, all ep5 images are missing from ep6 and the game won't even start from the start button. I'm guessing that images aren't the only things missing from there. It seems that the dev tried to cut down the size of the game by deleting ep5 files. This is not the way to do this :confused:

Some old saves seem to be working, the ones from the very end of ep5, I guess. But when you try to start from somewhere earlier, then you have no CG, even if the game doesn't crash.

Oh god, what a mess... :oops: I'm pretty sure I've never seen anything like this. He really needs help from someone who actually knows what he's doing. He's pretty good at 3D art and story writing, but putting it together into a working game is clearly not his strong side. I don't know who helped him with ep5, but he's either not on the picture any more or is actually on about the same level at this.

This really doesn't look like something that could even be considered to be ready for publishing. Looks more like a work in progress. But considering all the missing files of ep5, it's not even that. It's a game with the guts ripped out, bloody intestines hanging around the ankles.

I actually stopped trying to figure out this mess, because a bunch of files are obviously missing, I doubt that it's only images.

Reactions: dioregul and Walg

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I've been writing code for.. (no giveaways!) years an I can't figure out this mess. Start isn't even start in this case.

I'll look at it after I get some sleep. Maybe it will make more sense.

dekmma

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
This game has been pretty amateurish from the beginning so I feel I can share my honest opinion on the subject. ^-^
Do I think this is a shitshow? Kinda, but that's the same quality as the rest so you shouldn't be that surprised?!
This episode isn't rushed, I'm working on a "first time project" that I want to drop for so long, this is the result (lot of time and hard struggle).
Maybe I should have dropped it months ago but in the other hand I finished it even if it's not the quality I'd like.
I'm relieved and happy to finally throw this garbage, I couldn't have worked one more minute on this shit.
I'm taking that much time each update because I'm working on a fucking potato.
And yeah, you better not wait for me to fix this bug because indeed I don't work on this part.

! :)

Reactions: Draakaap23

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
This game has been pretty amateurish from the beginning so I feel I can share my honest opinion on the subject. ^-^
Do I think this is a shitshow? Kinda, but that's the same quality as the rest so you shouldn't be that surprised?!
This episode isn't rushed, I'm working on a "first time project" that I want to drop for so long, this is the result (lot of time and hard struggle).
Maybe I should have dropped it months ago but in the other hand I finished it even if it's not the quality I'd like.
I'm relieved and happy to finally throw this garbage, I couldn't have worked one more minute on this shit.
And yeah, you better not wait for me to fix this bug because indeed I don't work on this part.

I'd delete this post if I were you because it honestly just reads as a giant fuck you to anyone who's invested any time in this game at all. Which isn't gonna do you any favors if and when you start a new project. Also, what kind of developer describes something they've worked on for almost a year as garbage, shit, and a fucking potato, so nonchalantly as if you're not entirely responsible for it? Or is it only garbage because it wasn't profitable enough for you?

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018

I'm going to be honest here. I appreciate that you spent so much time on this and in the renders and the story you can definitely see where you were going with this but your last post has destroyed any shred of reputation you had left (Despite the numerous posts here about your timing). That post is similar to something that I posted recently where there's been fallout from trying to do the right thing (Since clarified).

At the end though you might not be responsible for the coding, it's still your project so you still own the whole thing. I 100% agree with @Conviction07 that you should really remove that post and I'll be happy to remove this one because there's no way I'd support an attitude like the one you've just shown.

I'd delete this post if I were you because it honestly just reads as a giant fuck you to anyone who's invested any time in this game at all. Which isn't gonna do you any favors if and when you start a new project. Also, what kind of developer describes something they've worked on for almost a year as garbage, shit, and a fucking potato, so nonchalantly as if you're not entirely responsible for it? Or is it only garbage because it wasn't profitable enough for you?
But thank you for finishing this when you didn't need to and we'd all really hope you reconsider the bug fixes just to make it cleaner.

dekmma

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
I'm not trying to be disrespectful.
Well, I finished this project and invested a lot of time in this last episode even if some think it's rushed, I think I played it fair.
I wouldn't have worked on this game for so long if it was for profit.
Without all the support I've received, I would've dropped the idea of making a game long time ago, so I'm sincerely grateful for every encouragement.
Instead I will continue, invest and apply what I've learned with a more professional approach.
If you choose to support a first time project, imo you should see this as an investment on the dev.
I may not have been clear, the bug will be fixed ASAP, it's not up to me otherwise I would have already posted a fix.
(AND THE POTATO IM TALKING ABOUT IS MY COMPUTER)

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes