John972

Apr 24, 2018
I think it's just a funny way to show Drifty's new logo (which is multicolored), so yeah. James, Kevin and Chris are just seeing a giant DriftyGames logo in the sky and wondering what the heck it is.
I forgot to mention that in Drifty's Developer Commentary DLC for LOF on Steam, he states:

"They [MC, Kevin, Chris] are looking at the same thing that causes the girls to look at the sky for the following trailer [1st u4ia trailer]"

This commentary appears as the guys look up to the sky and just before Drifty's new animated logo plays. Then the u4ia trailer begins. The trailer has the girls all looking up to the sky near the end but doesn't feature Drifty's animated logo.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Mostrar menos
Dev update is a little later than usual today, but I've been preparing the Beta for testing and am just about ready to compile and upload it for the testers.
Release information
The game will be available for the $10 and up tiers next Friday, the 26th, as part of your tier reward. As usual, long-term $5 and $1 tier supporters will get the download links 5-7 days after the release. This is due to the high number of downloads happening on release day and the following days to ensure those with the download as a tier reward don't have problems downloading, and I can keep up with re-uploading to replace broken links.
Your name in the credits
You can now add your name to the credits if you're a $20 or up supporter. Use to do so. Remember that this is a reward that lasts until U4iA season 1 completion.
Last-minute music addition
If you know 'Two Steps from Hell' and his epic music, you might enjoy one of the songs added, which is made (and sung) by the same people. In total, over 40 songs are added.
I had a lot of fun playing through this episode, and I know you will, too.
This update is public, due to the release.
See you all next Friday, and stay safe out there.
// Drifty

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
aliens kidnapped them for experiments.
Sp-0150-2699355643.jpg

Mostrar menos
Dev update is a little later than usual today, but I've been preparing the Beta for testing and am just about ready to compile and upload it for the testers.
Release information
The game will be available for the $10 and up tiers next Friday, the 26th, as part of your tier reward. As usual, long-term $5 and $1 tier supporters will get the download links 5-7 days after the release. This is due to the high number of downloads happening on release day and the following days to ensure those with the download as a tier reward don't have problems downloading, and I can keep up with re-uploading to replace broken links.
Your name in the credits
You can now add your name to the credits if you're a $20 or up supporter. Use to do so. Remember that this is a reward that lasts until U4iA season 1 completion.
Last-minute music addition
If you know 'Two Steps from Hell' and his epic music, you might enjoy one of the songs added, which is made (and sung) by the same people. In total, over 40 songs are added.
I had a lot of fun playing through this episode, and I know you will, too.
This update is public, due to the release.
See you all next Friday, and stay safe out there.
// Drifty
I almost forgot about the existence of this game, which is wild to me after how much I liked LoF. I find mylsef remembering 'Oh, yeah, Drifty has another game'. Doesn't seem to have that much hype going for it and after the long-ass dev cycle straight from 0.1, its understandable...

Oct 10, 2022
I almost forgot about the existence of this game, which is wild to me after how much I liked LoF. I find mylsef remembering 'Oh, yeah, Drifty has another game'. Doesn't seem to have that much hype going for it and after the long-ass dev cycle straight from 0.1, its understandable...
Sandbox, Point&Click, time sensitive content etc. Not the same as LoF unfortunately. I'd skip if it was not Drifty game. :(

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Exactly what i was thinking when i played it first back on it's release day. :confused:
We can only hope that this don't get too extreme with the Time/Sandbox.
I blame DPC for normalizing/popularizing freeroams and minigmes. Before they were niche for the open-world grind stats type of games, now everyone feels compelled to add some sandbox/rpg elements into their novels. Its very annoying.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I blame DPC for normalizing/popularizing freeroams and minigmes. Before they were niche for the open-world grind stats type of games, now everyone feels compelled to add some sandbox/rpg elements into their novels. Its very annoying.
Having a roam of some sort (e.g., the big party in Artemis; Warthogs, the Halloween party, the Wild West server and a couple others in Eternum; the Frat and Sorority parties in University of Problems) doesn't really bother me - they are limited and relatively easy to navigate. But things that require you to do the same thing at a specific time and often on a specific day of the week where you only progress marginally through one of the five or six stages of progression with an LI, just aren't for me. I tried one that I really liked initially, but just had to give up because it got to be annoying, especially as potential LIs increased. I like stories and story progression, not grinding away on the same turf just to move from "oh, she took the towel off" to "oh, she's lying closer to me" after two or three sessions in the sauna.

Last edited:

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
u4ia_ep2.jpg

You decide to leave your old life behind and set a course for this mysterious island you've been hearing about. Settling down comes with its own set of problems. But as you make new friends, your past can't seem to let you go.

As you start getting used to your new life in this remote location, you also meet many people. All of them have a story of their own. Things are starting to look good. But things are not all what they seem.
Click here for download links.
U4iA - Episode 2 - Changelog:
  • 3,383 story renders
  • 17,060 frames of animation
  • 18,298 lines of script/dialogue
  • 50 new songs
  • 26 new SFX
  • added Replay gallery
  • updated to Ren'py 8.1.3, which should improve performance
  • Unfortunately, a full replay is required due to rebuilding the perks system from Episode 1!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
None of the saves from the update posted here load, at least not for me (that includes the auto saves as well). They all result in a game crash.

Reactions: camube
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes