VN Ren'Py UC8 [Development Thread]

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Craterface driving the Cratermobile through the rocky pass outside the city that leads to the opening of The Shaft, their base of opperations.
View attachment 2821117
Thought I'd share one of the fun Craterface & Nugget pics I made for the TV in the background of one of the scenes.

Anyway, just thought this one was cool.
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
My only thought is that animation to be cool is fine (and the animation is cool), but something that dramatic should be story-relevant and not just "my new daughter gets excited easily."

(I don't actually assume that, but this is a development forum, so just thought I'd be pedantic ;))

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
My only thought is that animation to be cool is fine (and the animation is cool), but something that dramatic should be story-relevant and not just "my new daughter gets excited easily."

(I don't actually assume that, but this is a development forum, so just thought I'd be pedantic ;))
yeah, I get what your saying, but I want it to be memorable and feel importaint for the Player because The Mc will shortly purchase an import tuner for her and it will feature in the rest of the game. It's about how big of a deal it is to her, and how special it will be that he remembers and fulfills that desire.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Is that what that is? Just looks like something from a NASCAR track to me ... but to be fair, dad remembering how much she liked a car and buying one for her later in the game definitely qualifies as "story relevant" (y)

If you're talking about the yellow car ... that would be interesting on another level.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
that toyota/subaru is straight ripped from gt or forza.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
View attachment 2854672
(JK, I don't mind free roam as long as it's simple and doesn't involve grinding ...)
Nah, there will be no grinding in UC8 (because I absolutely hate most games tha involve grinding) and It wont really be free roam. This map is just a visual tool to let the players see/know the relative locations of the various shops in relation to the theater. Many of these locations (like the Aura, Wiliams Realty, NNBT, Kaffee Cafe, UHOP, Sk8r Dye, Sanguine Skate, Big Guys, Kiss my Cupcakes, Wild Canvas tattoos, and others) will be visited through out the course of the game, but many will not.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Just sucessfully coded my first fight scene. I'm probably just nerdy for this, but I get so excited when I code something for the first time and then I launch the game and don't get errors. :giggle: :LOL:

I'm like...

chris-pratt-ohh.gif

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Some love for LOF...

ezgif.com-optimize (4).gif

How else should one react to Lexi's "100 Reasons" (More comonly known as "Nice Again" by Dayfox.)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Hey , Where Is MY ERIN my friend :cry: :cry: :cry:
She is coming. I just wrote her meet cute the other day, but I still have other renders to do before I get to her. She is the final meet cute of Chapter One (out of about 6) and will be very influential in Chapter 2.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I see trolls on F95 all the time bitching about Dev's not doing stuff, just milking, and then the dev puts out a huge update and the trolls still gripe, "As long as he took, there should have been more content."

It's crazy how much is involved in making a game like this!

There's the writing, finding assets, finding more assets, building assets because there isn't anything like what you want, converting/altering known assets, posing the scene, rendering, fixing the render, because it is always either too dull, or too bright, or too washed out, or had a clipping issue, or something, but every single render has to go through an editing program like Photoshop or Gimp.
Then there's the coding and the testing and the recoding, and the "Yea it works!" and then the "Oh crap, how do I make it do this?" and then there's the animations! Then the music and the sound effects and getting both of those right. and then you end up spending an hour online at a music box song making site to make a custom tune for the youngest daughter's music box (which is how I spent half of my afternoon today making this... .

It always feels like there is more to do and not nearly enough time to get it done in.

Keep the faith, the game is coming soon!